Is it just me, or do the pre-rendered cutscenes have too high brightness?

Does anyone else have this issue?

There are only two pre-rendered cutscenes in the game, the opening Xbox Studios/343 logos and the opening campaign cutscene, but for some reason their brightness (black level) is boosted really really high and it looks all washed out and greyish. The in-engine graphics don’t have this problem.

I don’t think this is a problem with my TV because otherwise it would display everything like this, rather than just the pre-rendered stuff. This problem is unique to Halo Infinite for me, and I don’t think it’s an Xbox or game settings issue either. I think 343 just messed up the brightness.

1 Like

Not just you, it’s really a bummer too, I just saw a YouTube video of the cutscene where someone corrected the black level and it looks amazing. Unfortunately whoever uploaded the video screwed with the audio in the scene so it doesn’t sounds right. I really hope 343 fix this because for such an awesome cinematic it really gives a bad first impression of the campaign, not to mention it looks amazing when it’s corrected. YouTube search “Halo Infinite Opening Cutscene [4k 60fps Upscale]” to see it, the channel name is Hybred with some star symbol