Is it just me or aiming feels weird in infinite?

I remember halo 5 and the heavy aim issues it had. Halo infinite aiming feels consistent but still feels super dull compared to every shooter i have played recently.

Apex, warzone, splitgate, mcc…etc all feel a lot more responsive.

I tweaked all the settings and i set the deadzone to 0 and it still feels unresponsive.

The only thing I was annoyed by was the zoomed in sensitivity by default was lower than my actual sensitivity. After I adjusted that it felt fine and responsive. Harder to aim though cause I felt like there was less aim assist and for example the side kicks outer circle touching a spartan wouldn’t magnetize bullets like the other games. Have to actually be much more on target. I wish we could just remove the outer reticle but I guess its there to display bloom.

I did experience slow turn though. That felt bad. Same settings I use on 5 I used in infinite. Could be psychological though…the maps were bigger…more space to pan left to right…but…idk it just felt weird sometimes.

> 2533274842046585;2:
> The only thing I was annoyed by was the zoomed in sensitivity by default was lower than my actual sensitivity. After I adjusted that it felt fine and responsive. Harder to aim though cause I felt like there was less aim assist and for example the side kicks outer circle touching a spartan wouldn’t magnetize bullets like the other games. Have to actually be much more on target. I wish we could just remove the outer reticle but I guess its there to display bloom.
>
> I did experience slow turn though. That felt bad. Same settings I use on 5 I used in infinite. Could be psychological though…the maps were bigger…more space to pan left to right…but…idk it just felt weird sometimes.

I don’t think it has anything to do with aim assist.

It feels strangely similar to halo 5 aiming. I’m having a lot of hard time trying to make micro-adjustments in halo infinite compared to all shooters i played.

I can’t aim on objects(there is not aim assist on objects) as smoothly as i do in other fps games like apex.

> 2533274912421109;3:
> > 2533274842046585;2:
> > The only thing I was annoyed by was the zoomed in sensitivity by default was lower than my actual sensitivity. After I adjusted that it felt fine and responsive. Harder to aim though cause I felt like there was less aim assist and for example the side kicks outer circle touching a spartan wouldn’t magnetize bullets like the other games. Have to actually be much more on target. I wish we could just remove the outer reticle but I guess its there to display bloom.
> >
> > I did experience slow turn though. That felt bad. Same settings I use on 5 I used in infinite. Could be psychological though…the maps were bigger…more space to pan left to right…but…idk it just felt weird sometimes.
>
> I don’t think it has anything to do with aim assist.
>
> It feels strangely similar to halo 5 aiming. I’m having a lot of hard time trying to make micro-adjustments in halo infinite compared to all shooters i played.
>
> I can’t aim on objects(there is not aim assist on objects) as smoothly as i do in other fps games like apex.

Idk what to say. I didn’t experience this. I play halo 5 like almost every day right now. When I cant stay on target its usually because I’m like over aiming. So I’m not sure what could cause this feeling for you. In infinite I definitely noticed less aim assist as have many others though. I’ve never actually played apex but…I mean they’re different games and they utilize different aiming mechanics I’d assume. Its possible to feel easier in 1 game than another, and it’s a different feeling tracking a strafing target in halo vs any other game I’ve tried tbh.

> 2533274842046585;4:
> > 2533274912421109;3:
> > > 2533274842046585;2:
> > > The only thing I was annoyed by was the zoomed in sensitivity by default was lower than my actual sensitivity. After I adjusted that it felt fine and responsive. Harder to aim though cause I felt like there was less aim assist and for example the side kicks outer circle touching a spartan wouldn’t magnetize bullets like the other games. Have to actually be much more on target. I wish we could just remove the outer reticle but I guess its there to display bloom.
> > >
> > > I did experience slow turn though. That felt bad. Same settings I use on 5 I used in infinite. Could be psychological though…the maps were bigger…more space to pan left to right…but…idk it just felt weird sometimes.
> >
> > I don’t think it has anything to do with aim assist.
> >
> > It feels strangely similar to halo 5 aiming. I’m having a lot of hard time trying to make micro-adjustments in halo infinite compared to all shooters i played.
> >
> > I can’t aim on objects(there is not aim assist on objects) as smoothly as i do in other fps games like apex.
>
> Idk what to say. I didn’t experience this. I play halo 5 like almost every day right now. When I cant stay on target its usually because I’m like over aiming. So I’m not sure what could cause this feeling for you. In infinite I definitely noticed less aim assist as have many others though. I’ve never actually played apex but…I mean they’re different games and they utilize different aiming mechanics I’d assume. Its possible to feel easier in 1 game than another, and it’s a different feeling tracking a strafing target in halo vs any other game I’ve tried tbh.

Have tried modern aim setting in halo mcc ? It feels a lot better than infinite and 5.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=42461.0

This post explains very well why halo 5 aiming (regardless of heavy aim) is awful.

I can transition from most fps games with no problem including mcc, but when i transition to halo 5 or infinite it feels dull at best.

I think the aiming was a little buggy. I messed with my settings a lot and could not dial it in. I am assuming some little tweaks that they have already made will fix it.

The default zoom sensitivity is way too low I think, other than that it felt fine to me.

> 2533274866720209;7:
> The default zoom sensitivity is way too low I think, other than that it felt fine to me.

Interesting. Do you play other fps games?

Have tried playing halo mcc on modern setting vs classic? And which one you think feels closer to infinite.

> 2533274912421109;8:
> > 2533274866720209;7:
> > The default zoom sensitivity is way too low I think, other than that it felt fine to me.
>
> Interesting. Do you play other fps games?
>
> Have tried playing halo mcc on modern setting vs classic? And which one you think feels closer to infinite.

I play mcc on modern, but I haven’t used classic for a very long time so I’m not sure. I do play other fps games, both with controller and mouse. I usually get used to the defaults with controller but I have a custom sens with mouse that I use across all games.

> 2533274912421109;1:
> I remember halo 5 and the heavy aim issues it had. Halo infinite aiming feels consistent but still feels super dull compared to every shooter i have played recently.
>
> Apex, warzone, splitgate, mcc…etc all feel a lot more responsive.
>
> I tweaked all the settings and i set the deadzone to 0 and it still feels unresponsive.

I felt the same tbh. Some user had a discussion about the “Aim Incident”, the problem is maybe the following:

“Aiming in general is broken, not just aim assist. Deadzones are borked beyond belief, and aiming diagonally is way slower than aiming horizontally and vertically. This is the core of the problem and is why aiming feels terrible. Even if they ramp aim assist way up it’s still going to feel like yoink until they fix the core issues with aiming.”

idk if its exactly the Problem but it can be

> 2533274987139949;10:
> > 2533274912421109;1:
> > I remember halo 5 and the heavy aim issues it had. Halo infinite aiming feels consistent but still feels super dull compared to every shooter i have played recently.
> >
> > Apex, warzone, splitgate, mcc…etc all feel a lot more responsive.
> >
> > I tweaked all the settings and i set the deadzone to 0 and it still feels unresponsive.
>
> I felt the same tbh. Some user had a discussion about the “Aim Incident”, the problem is maybe the following:
>
> “Aiming in general is broken, not just aim assist. Deadzones are borked beyond belief, and aiming diagonally is way slower than aiming horizontally and vertically. This is the core of the problem and is why aiming feels terrible. Even if they ramp aim assist way up it’s still going to feel like yoink until they fix the core issues with aiming.”
>
> idk if its exactly the Problem but it can be

Yeah i definitely feel the same. Even max sensitivity feels a little bit slow. Also we should be able to turn off aim acceleration.

> 2533274912421109;5:
> > 2533274842046585;4:
> > > 2533274912421109;3:
> > > > 2533274842046585;2:
> > > > The only thing I was annoyed by was the zoomed in sensitivity by default was lower than my actual sensitivity. After I adjusted that it felt fine and responsive. Harder to aim though cause I felt like there was less aim assist and for example the side kicks outer circle touching a spartan wouldn’t magnetize bullets like the other games. Have to actually be much more on target. I wish we could just remove the outer reticle but I guess its there to display bloom.
> > > >
> > > > I did experience slow turn though. That felt bad. Same settings I use on 5 I used in infinite. Could be psychological though…the maps were bigger…more space to pan left to right…but…idk it just felt weird sometimes.
> > >
> > > I don’t think it has anything to do with aim assist.
> > >
> > > It feels strangely similar to halo 5 aiming. I’m having a lot of hard time trying to make micro-adjustments in halo infinite compared to all shooters i played.
> > >
> > > I can’t aim on objects(there is not aim assist on objects) as smoothly as i do in other fps games like apex.
> >
> > Idk what to say. I didn’t experience this. I play halo 5 like almost every day right now. When I cant stay on target its usually because I’m like over aiming. So I’m not sure what could cause this feeling for you. In infinite I definitely noticed less aim assist as have many others though. I’ve never actually played apex but…I mean they’re different games and they utilize different aiming mechanics I’d assume. Its possible to feel easier in 1 game than another, and it’s a different feeling tracking a strafing target in halo vs any other game I’ve tried tbh.
>
> Have tried modern aim setting in halo mcc ? It feels a lot better than infinite and 5.
>
> Halo 5's Aiming System (UPDATED)
>
> This post explains very well why halo 5 aiming (regardless of heavy aim) is awful.
>
> I can transition from most fps games with no problem including mcc, but when i transition to halo 5 or infinite it feels dull at best.

Yes I’ve played mcc with modern aiming. I used to dislike how it felt until that update came out. I dont have issues other than my own incompetence in 5 at times when it comes to aiming…but…that dude ghost Ayame basically said from the beginning that he helped tweak the aiming system in 5…I believe to make it harder. Then other updates and stuff came out and more adjustments in our settings to have more control over what it felt like. So I honestly don’t even know if its truly the same way this guy ghost helped set…or if the new settings allowed to us basically let us go back to our more natural feeling sensitivity etc. Because in 5 for example…if someone says they play on 2 sensitivity…when you actually go into the settings and press A on the sensitivity, additional sensitivity pops up. Independent horizontal and vertical. Revealing that the player wasn’t even on 2 horizontal.

It’s hard to say 5s aiming is awful tho…I mean…there are players hitting 60-70% accuracy man. Did they just master an awful aiming mechanic? My belief for 5 has always been that you’re essentially fighting over how much help vs how much input you need in 5. Like…there’s actually a generous amount of aim assist and bullet magnetism in that game. Its the mobility of the Spartans that actually cause difficulties to aiming…because some players (I myself do this sometimes) wildly swing their right stick anticipating like a jump thrust or something. Theres this sense of needing to stay on target much more than in old halo because there is 2 extra dimensions to a strafe in 5. A full functioning crouch strafe, and a thrust strafe.

In infinite tho…its just harder to aim in the sense that the aim assist seemed lower.

I will check that link when I’m on my next break. I’m running out of time to reply…but…I think you also just mean the general movement of your reticle feels weird right? Like its not exactly going where you want to or responding in a way that’s familiar to you. I don’t want to dismiss everything and say “hey bro its fine for me. If I’m good then it must be you” because perhaps you aren’t alone in this feeling.

I’ll catch up on this post in a few hours.