Is it good?

I’m not one to play RTS’s. I barely made it through the original game because of this…and it was the first time I’d ever played an RTS. Is HW2 a lot better than the original? As a novice player in RTS’s, will I find it fun? Is the campaign worth it? From all I’ve read, its overall a strong entry, minus a few plot holes. I really want to get the final two Halo games I need finished to have the complete library of Halo titles completed, but I don’t know if its worth the time and money. Halo Wars 2 and Halo: Spartan Strike are the remaining games I need to play.

> 2533274805386380;1:
> I’m not one to play RTS’s. I barely made it through the original game because of this…and it was the first time I’d ever played an RTS. Is HW2 a lot better than the original? As a novice player in RTS’s, will I find it fun? Is the campaign worth it? From all I’ve read, its overall a strong entry, minus a few plot holes. I really want to get the final two Halo games I need finished to have the complete library of Halo titles completed, but I don’t know if its worth the time and money. Halo Wars 2 and Halo: Spartan Strike are the remaining games I need to play.

I would say not to get it if you are a novice RTS this game by the early look will be traded in by thousands within a month so price will drop on used ones would just wait for that to happen

Personally I find the game is pretty solid. The campaign is fun and varied especially for an RTS game. The campaign probably has a lot of opportunity to play numerous times too if you’re interested in collecting everything and completing all secondary objectives or par times.

Blitz and multiplayer are pretty good too. I haven’t really delved too much into Blitz yet but I imagine there is a lot to gain from it with more card packs being added in the future. Same can be said about multiplayer with new leaders being added every month. Multiplayer can be a bit buggy at the minute in regards to the servers and such.

> 2728966917066801;2:
> > 2533274805386380;1:
> > I’m not one to play RTS’s. I barely made it through the original game because of this…and it was the first time I’d ever played an RTS. Is HW2 a lot better than the original? As a novice player in RTS’s, will I find it fun? Is the campaign worth it? From all I’ve read, its overall a strong entry, minus a few plot holes. I really want to get the final two Halo games I need finished to have the complete library of Halo titles completed, but I don’t know if its worth the time and money. Halo Wars 2 and Halo: Spartan Strike are the remaining games I need to play.
>
> I would say not to get it if you are a novice RTS this game by the early look will be traded in by thousands within a month so price will drop on used ones would just wait for that to happen

Doesn’t sound like many are disliking it right now.

> 2533274904261244;3:
> Personally I find the game is pretty solid. The campaign is fun and varied especially for an RTS game. The campaign probably has a lot of opportunity to play numerous times too if you’re interested in collecting everything and completing all secondary objectives or par times.
>
> Blitz and multiplayer are pretty good too. I haven’t really delved too much into Blitz yet but I imagine there is a lot to gain from it with more card packs being added in the future. Same can be said about multiplayer with new leaders being added every month. Multiplayer can be a bit buggy at the minute in regards to the servers and such.

Good to hear. I might rent it at first.
I just want to see dem Blur cutscenes :smiley: :smiley:

> 2533274805386380;5:
> > 2533274904261244;3:
> > Personally I find the game is pretty solid. The campaign is fun and varied especially for an RTS game. The campaign probably has a lot of opportunity to play numerous times too if you’re interested in collecting everything and completing all secondary objectives or par times.
> >
> > Blitz and multiplayer are pretty good too. I haven’t really delved too much into Blitz yet but I imagine there is a lot to gain from it with more card packs being added in the future. Same can be said about multiplayer with new leaders being added every month. Multiplayer can be a bit buggy at the minute in regards to the servers and such.
>
> Good to hear. I might rent it at first.
> I just want to see dem Blur cutscenes :smiley: :smiley:

That’s a good idea. I find it a little bit more user friendly than the first Halo Wars. I do play the Windows 10 version however.

Like you say, you’ve played every other Halo game, excluding Halo: Spartan Strike, so you might as well tick this one off of the list!

> 2533274904261244;6:
> > 2533274805386380;5:
> > > 2533274904261244;3:
> > > Personally I find the game is pretty solid. The campaign is fun and varied especially for an RTS game. The campaign probably has a lot of opportunity to play numerous times too if you’re interested in collecting everything and completing all secondary objectives or par times.
> > >
> > > Blitz and multiplayer are pretty good too. I haven’t really delved too much into Blitz yet but I imagine there is a lot to gain from it with more card packs being added in the future. Same can be said about multiplayer with new leaders being added every month. Multiplayer can be a bit buggy at the minute in regards to the servers and such.
> >
> > Good to hear. I might rent it at first.
> > I just want to see dem Blur cutscenes :smiley: :smiley:
>
> That’s a good idea. I find it a little bit more user friendly than the first Halo Wars. I do play the Windows 10 version however.
>
> Like you say, you’ve played every other Halo game, excluding Halo: Spartan Strike, so you might as well tick this one off of the list!

Probably about time! But I’m replaying Battlefield 1 on Hard at the moment, just after finishing Mirrors Edge again, and am planning on playing The Last of Us Remastered in a couple weeks. And I’m playing a couple of PC games.Too many games haha.

> 2533274805386380;4:
> > 2728966917066801;2:
> > > 2533274805386380;1:
> > > I’m not one to play RTS’s. I barely made it through the original game because of this…and it was the first time I’d ever played an RTS. Is HW2 a lot better than the original? As a novice player in RTS’s, will I find it fun? Is the campaign worth it? From all I’ve read, its overall a strong entry, minus a few plot holes. I really want to get the final two Halo games I need finished to have the complete library of Halo titles completed, but I don’t know if its worth the time and money. Halo Wars 2 and Halo: Spartan Strike are the remaining games I need to play.
> >
> > I would say not to get it if you are a novice RTS this game by the early look will be traded in by thousands within a month so price will drop on used ones would just wait for that to happen
>
> Doesn’t sound like many are disliking it right now.

Really every post until yesterday was about how bad it was and how Unbalanced it is

> 2728966917066801;8:
> > 2533274805386380;4:
> > > 2728966917066801;2:
> > > > 2533274805386380;1:
> > > > I’m not one to play RTS’s. I barely made it through the original game because of this…and it was the first time I’d ever played an RTS. Is HW2 a lot better than the original? As a novice player in RTS’s, will I find it fun? Is the campaign worth it? From all I’ve read, its overall a strong entry, minus a few plot holes. I really want to get the final two Halo games I need finished to have the complete library of Halo titles completed, but I don’t know if its worth the time and money. Halo Wars 2 and Halo: Spartan Strike are the remaining games I need to play.
> > >
> > > I would say not to get it if you are a novice RTS this game by the early look will be traded in by thousands within a month so price will drop on used ones would just wait for that to happen
> >
> > Doesn’t sound like many are disliking it right now.
>
> Really every post until yesterday was about how bad it was and how Unbalanced it is

Well I find that odd, considering I haven’t heard a single person say that except you. Ok.

If you didn’t like the first one, don’t get this one. Personally, with the definitive edition of Halo Wars 1 coming with this game, I find myself wanting to play it more than this entry but that is also just because I found the story more enticing and the gameplay was slower so it was more my speed lol. This game is good, a very solid entry. But it builds on the elements from the first one, making an all around smoother and faster paced sequel. If you don’t like RTS games, I’d say just wait for the price to drop, significantly, and watch the cutscenes on YouTube or something.

If your on PC, stay away for now, game is broken and doesnt play

> 2533274829381386;10:
> If you didn’t like the first one, don’t get this one. Personally, with the definitive edition of Halo Wars 1 coming with this game, I find myself wanting to play it more than this entry but that is also just because I found the story more enticing and the gameplay was slower so it was more my speed lol. This game is good, a very solid entry. But it builds on the elements from the first one, making an all around smoother and faster paced sequel. If you don’t like RTS games, I’d say just wait for the price to drop, significantly, and watch the cutscenes on YouTube or something.

Ehh ok. I’ll think about it.

> 2533274858816562;11:
> If your on PC, stay away for now, game is broken and doesnt play

Nope. I do play a little PC nowadays, but I play Xbox.