Is it any better?

I’ve taken about three months off of Halo 4 for other games. I haven’t been paying attention to the updates, so tell me, has the game improved? I never had too many problems with it but there were obviously some big things that needed fixing. So how is the game everyone? Should I return?

I really suggest you to come back and try Halo 4 again!

It is improved a lot and a lot of fun! It feels more like a Halo Game now. Try different modes for variety to exactly feel the new Halo 4. Also don’t make a statement before playing for a couple of hours.

343 did a great job on Halo 4 after all :slight_smile:

Also invite some friends to play with or ask them to try Halo 4 again so we can get a higher population and playing with some friends is always fun and delivers a better gameplay experience normally.

You should definitely come back for at least a few dozen games and give it a fair shake.

I find the rifles improved and automatics more skilled, but I’ll need a hundred or so kills with each before I’m really comfortable. Definitely leaning toward “overall improvement”, though.

The base speed increase isn’t much but it does feel more like past Halos.

its a little better. But the game still isn’t as good as I want it to be.

Depends what you expect with Halo 4…

Forging? No improvements. (Unless you havn’t heard of forge world, in that case yes, there is a new map, but 343 have not added any old mechanics like fine tuning objects.)
Theater? Still War Games Only.
Custom Games? Still not good.

War games however is now a BLAST, feels JUST like a Halo game now, give the new weapons a new try and see what you think :stuck_out_tongue: If you are an old school player like me, you’ll fall back in love with the BR I can promsie you that!

Since I can’t tell you whether you’ll like the recent changes or not I suggest you give them at try for yourself. It’s pretty difficult for the internet to tell you what you like. Personally I love the update and I have a friend that hates it.

THIS.

> War games however is now a BLAST, feels JUST like a Halo game now, give the new weapons a new try and see what you think :stuck_out_tongue: If you are an old school player like me, <mark>you’ll fall back in love</mark> with the BR I can promsie you that!

Let’s just hope more people with see this!

Well, the weapons are more balanced now. But infinity slayer and big team infinity slayer turned into fiesta. I’d still recommend you come back and give it a go.

> Well, the weapons are more balanced now. But infinity slayer and big team infinity slayer turned into fiesta. I’d still recommend you come back and give it a go.

That’s a good assessment of what Slayer and BT Slayer are now - Fiesta. I’m not really pleased with that as BT has become really nuts - on top of the 10% speed boost for basic movements.

Some BTB maps are completely whacked because they now have power weapons (i.e. Fuel Rod Cannons, Sniper, Beam, Incinerator, OP Saws etc.) everywhere that re-appear quickly and fixed at the same location. Cammo Camping with a sniper weapon near them is a major issue for me on some maps.

The Scorpion Tank has been replaced with the Mantis on Exile - so if you don’t have the Tank Kill achievement yet (like me) your SOL. The Mantis has replaced a lot of vehicles too, so if you don’t have the Mantis kill achievement yet (I got that a week before the TU), then you can go nuts trying to kill them. In case people don’t know, the chain gun has a 35% damage boost for the Mantis - so instead of slightly hurting Ghosts in the past - it now lights them up and they go Boom a lot faster.

The weird part for me is that they re-tuned your personal weapons, but added so many heavy weapons and vehicles that I can’t tell if there is much difference with the personal weapons before and after the TU in BT.

HTH…

I wouldn’t say its awesome but its alright for the moment.

> THIS.
>
>
>
> > War games however is now a BLAST, feels JUST like a Halo game now, give the new weapons a new try and see what you think :stuck_out_tongue: If you are an old school player like me, <mark>you’ll fall back in love</mark> with the BR I can promsie you that!
>
> Let’s just hope more people with see this!

the problem I have with this is I was using the BR well before it got any weapon buff. I hate knowing I’m now going to be categorized as someone who’s using an ‘op’ weapon now even though the BR is what I was using since day 1 and did fine with it. I barely touched the DMR at all honestly.

I find it such a shame so many players are only willing to use a gun until it gets buffed.

> its a little better. But the game still isn’t as good as I want it to be.

This.

There have been many minor fixes to the game, but the major issues, customs, theatre, no descoping, not being able to drop the flag etc. probably won’t be fixed.

I’m so glad there’s positive feedback now. Halo 4 is a great game, just the ranking system is annoying, having to look online etc.

Really looking forward to 5/6

I’ve just gotten back into the mix as well. I’ve had a few gripes with the new forge maps in Big Team and the new weapons update (Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a great update. It just make it a little easier for the underdog to get a drop on me due to stronger weapons).
I recommend you grab a few friends and hit up some war games. Some friends and I must have spent five hours playing the other day.

Well then, guess I’ll give it another shot.