Is Invasion in Halo 4 multiplayer?

I’m just wondering if they Invasion game type from Reach is in multiplayer it was pretty fun in reach imo

Unless it’s Spartan vs Spartan, I don’t think so.

> Unless it’s Spartan vs Spartan, I don’t think so.

This. But only this. Otherwise, no invasion, because Elites aren’t gonna be in MM.

In one of the weekly bulletins they mentioned how they would have something to scratch that itch. So it’s very unlikely we’ll see it back in it’s current form but instead we’ll hopefully see something “similar” to it.

Most likely not, but in one of the bulletins, it was hinted that there is a new gametype that may possibly resemble the grand scale of invasion. Here’s to hoping!

They said there’d be something “to scratch that itch”, so who knows what it’s going to be?

They also said to Elite plays that there’d be something “to scratch that itch”.

So I’m guessing that there’ll be some new enemy you’re able to play as and there’s a brand new gametype to go along with these new things or whatever they’re introducing. The map ‘Longbow’ is designed to go along with a new gametype they’ll be revealing soon. :stuck_out_tongue:

> So I’m guessing that there’ll be some new enemy you’re able to play as and there’s a brand new gametype to go along with these new things or whatever they’re introducing

The thing is, you won’t be able to play as anything else (such as some kind of Promethean enemy) for the same reasons you can’t play as Elites. You can only play as Spartans in this game (except from Monitor mode in Forge).

Invasion was effectively one team defending and the other being very aggressive so I’m thinking this new gametype will be something like “Rush” in BF3.

Most likely not, but there will be a successor.

I just thought up something and bare with me on this. What if the new invasion gametype is Spartans versus Promethean? What I mean by that is think of it kind of like Beast mode in Gears of War. The spartans on some maps have to defend capture points against different types of prometheans. The final capture point is a UNSC officer and if he is captured then the spartans lose. Then there could be the opposite were the Promethean players (Whatever they chose to be depending upon what capture point they are on. First wave would be fast spawning crawlers, second wave a step up etc.) defend capture points from the spartans who are invading. The last capture point for the Promethean could be a data storage on forerunner tech.

Just an idea I had. Don’t know if this is even possible but it would make sense to the scenarios. This is just an example and we would have to know every Promethean out there to actually know how it would be setup. I’m sure there are more then the three already shown.

If I’m not mistaken they said that, in regards to Invasion, it was a part of Halo and they wouldn’t do away with it.

I would doubt it, but would also say it’s probable they have something to replace it, which they will most likely show closer to the games release.

Sure, after all Invasion could have/should have been objective 2.0.
Instead it turned into “Elites are OP, nerf them, get spawned killed by DMR 1.0” but that’s a different story :stuck_out_tongue:
Invasion should return and most likely will return, but in Spartan VS Spartan edition to make it “Equal/balanced/fair”, not to mention it could use more maps and objectives :slight_smile:

> > Unless it’s Spartan vs Spartan, I don’t think so.
>
> This. But only this. Otherwise, no invasion, because Elites aren’t gonna be in MM.

This. No Elites = no fun Invasion for me = waste of time playing the gametype.