Is Infinite a hit-and-run?

I’m not sure how to put this exactly, but I feel that Halo Infinite will be moreorless a hit-and-run by default; knowing what I’ve played in the flight and what I missed via details that I know I missed, I feel that this game could end up dying off due to some of the choices that 343 is making. For instance: some of the questionable topics that I’ve heard multiple times that could/ will spark a debate/ divide would be playable Sangheili, grenade hit-markers, and the ability to sprint/ slide. Some, in not, half of the community has been asking for the return of our alien brethren, the Elites, since Halo 4, and 343 stating in one of their past #Ask343 streams that they “might” make a return. At this point, I’m honestly thinking that they shouldn’t come back unless it’s either tied to some sort of lore within the universe of whatever. If they do, in fact, return without any exlanation for why they’re joint-operating with us on Reach or Earth or where-ever this takes place I wouldn’t like the fit. I’m just hoping that they aren’t like Reaches version and more like 2 and 3’s version where they have a fair advantage. The grenade hit-marker debate is honestly kind of stupid, truthfully, like, why are people having a problem with the ‘nade hit-markers? Is it because the vets want everything in Halo to be super classical to where most of the fan will just get tired of another Halo 3 copy or what? For the sprinting and sliding, it’s pretty much the same issue about the grenade debate, I get that everyone love to dwell in the past on Halo because people will forever be butt-hurt about 343 taking over the franchise. Truthfully, I don’t see this game surviving long, if it does, good on them, I’ll still be playing it and enjoying it but, still, I gotta’ wonder if this game is just forcibly appealing to the fans that dwell in the past or is this game just another Halo 5 look-alike that will have a mediocre story and an over-done multiplayer. Yes, I know that this game has 10 years but it just makes me wonder if this game will either get better or worse than it’s predecessor? Apologies if some of this doesn’t make sense or has a few holes within the “why” part, it’s just a tangent that I felt like talking about.

> 2533274911869879;1:
>

Thank you for a long post that you can actually read clearly and can be properly read first and foremost.

Grenade marks are only exclusive to casual play as they should be. People will know when they are warming up or practicing if they are placing grenades properly. The sprint slide feels good however has risk with the radar so you have to use it smartly. The lead up to Halo Infinite already had a book that they came back to Reach and honestly it makes sense with the game too IMO.

I think this game is geared up already to be better than last Halo games especially with longevity. They have been extremely clear with us and actually have had a great dialogue in doing so.

I imagine Elites may come back with their own themed battle pass.

There will be parts of the content held back or not yet developed so it can keep the game fresh and updated for longer. They are probably going to have some vehicles, maps or weapons that are fan favourites that will drop throughout the game. I think the important factor is making sure the content on launch is good enough to hook in a lot of fans.

I think the social/competitive experiences and how they are packaged are extremely important. We know Bronze to Onyx is to return, I hope they have some good incentives for people to want to play competitive. But also help shape social as a more casual laid back experience.

All I can do is cross my fingers and hope for the best at this point.

> 2533274911869879;1:
>

I’m totally agree with you, but you’re not the first one to say it and this long and weird post not help the cause

Little advice, more space to air the text

> 2533274801036271;3:
> I imagine Elites may come back with their own themed battle pass.
>
> There will be parts of the content held back or not yet developed so it can keep the game fresh and updated for longer. They are probably going to have some vehicles, maps or weapons that are fan favourites that will drop throughout the game. I think the important factor is making sure the content on launch is good enough to hook in a lot of fans.
>
> I think the social/competitive experiences and how they are packaged are extremely important. We know Bronze to Onyx is to return, I hope they have some good incentives for people to want to play competitive. But also help shape social as a more casual laid back experience.

Having a prime time shooter in gaming currently is the most profitable outside of games like mobile games, Fifa, Madden, and GTA. It seems like they might be not only releasing a great product and re-energizing the Halo fans in cryo, but releasing at the perfect time with BR fatigue.

If they can have content releases quarterly, and campaign expansions yearly then I think they will be fine. People might not like the micro-transaction model with F2P however for me I think it is the best decision they could make. Halo fans will get more content than ever before and won’t have to wait the typical 3 years for releases. It also fixes the problem with population drop with frequent releases.