Is Infection worth it?

So, I’m wondering if Infection is worth the update, your thoughts on Infection?

so far i love it! this is coming from someone who despised halo 4’s flood and reach’s infection.

it’s too difficult for zombies. Humans win 3 out of 4 times, back then it was the other way round

I enjoy it, but I have a feeling maps with way too many high, elevated spots where Spartans can just camp and have a field day with ARs, pistols, Sniper Rifles, Hydras and all sorts of weapons is going to be a problem. The Plaza map was just dreadful.

> 2533274897397329;2:
> so far i love it! this is coming from someone who despised halo 4’s flood and reach’s infection.

That’s good, I disliked both of them also.

> 2533274820441404;3:
> it’s too difficult for zombies. Humans win 3 out of 4 times, back then it was the other way round

It seems like with their half-camo they would be hard to hit because of the lack of aim assist.

> 2533274812652989;4:
> I enjoy it, but I have a feeling maps with way too many high, elevated spots where Spartans can just camp and have a field day with ARs, pistols, Sniper Rifles, Hydras and all sorts of weapons is going to be a problem. The Plaza map was just dreadful.

I haven’t tried that one yet.

Having played that custom map that looks like an abandoned urban setting though, I can agree with this point. Though I was able to root out someone who was just looking straight down with the lunge of the Energy Sword.

> 2533274812652989;4:
> I enjoy it, but I have a feeling maps with way too many high, elevated spots where Spartans can just camp and have a field day with ARs, pistols, Sniper Rifles, Hydras and all sorts of weapons is going to be a problem. The Plaza map was just dreadful.

Alright, it sounds bearable for Infected but still quite annoying, thanks for your opinion.

> 2533274820441404;3:
> it’s too difficult for zombies. Humans win 3 out of 4 times, back then it was the other way round

Now imagine them having pistol starts.

The maps are bad and give huge advantage to human and they put in power weps that really ruin a lot of the fun.

> 2533274800066261;9:
> The maps are bad and give huge advantage to human and they put in power reps that really ruin a lot of the fun.

I haven’t played it yet, but the power weapons actually seem like a fun idea to me. Although if 343 sucked at placing them that is gonna be a problem.

Maps are going to be the issue, not the gameplay. There seems to be almost 1 spot per map where a few players can lock themselves in for the duration if they find the right weapon combo (and definitely communicating about it).
Here’s the lockdown on RIPtide I may save this, but it’s here for now to see
Here’s a not so sneaky Alpha
Here’s an Alpha where their effect was hidden because of the green bar of foliage.
The shooting itself, very fun. No reloads, must find ammo or weapons, lots of corners to check until you find enough to lockdown… But then it can feel like Red Lift on Sword Base. Needs switches and gates.

> 2603643534597848;11:
> Maps are going to be the issue, not the gameplay. There seems to be almost 1 spot per map where a few players can lock themselves in for the duration if they find the right weapon combo (and definitely communicating about it).
> Here’s the lockdown on RIPtide I may save this, but it’s here for now to see
> Here’s a not so sneaky Alpha
> Here’s an Alpha where their effect was hidden because of the green bar of foliage.
> The shooting itself, very fun. No reloads, must find ammo or weapons, lots of corners to check until you find enough to lockdown… But then it can feel like Red Lift on Sword Base. Needs switches and gates.

It is those bars that get me. You can’t slice through them, but they sure can shoot you.