Is holding the objective cheating?

So my question to you is it and why? I’ll give you my opinion being a competitive player. In btb and other objective games we would easily win games in less thn 2 minutes. Since there is no real ranked playlists minus lol arena we find playing the full length of the game in enjoyable.

Nope.

Nope.

Not cheating, but just a -Yoink- move.

I hate seeing objective games being turned into TS… but its not cheating.

Hi Kyle.<3

You would already know my stance on this, but for everyone else, if one team is capable of holding the objective on another, it’s generally because of a huge skill gap between the teams. Whilst not cheating, it obviously sucks to in a full party vs. randoms situation if you’re one of the randoms. Blame seemingly broken trueskill/no party restrictions if you’re getting held on, not the party who’s doing so. Or alternatively, blame yourself.

> Hi Kyle.<3
>
> You would already know my stance on this, but for everyone else, if one team is capable of holding the objective on another, it’s generally because of a huge skill gap between the teams. Whilst not cheating, it obviously sucks to in a full party vs. randoms situation if you’re one of the randoms. Blame seemingly broken trueskill/no party restrictions if you’re getting held on, not the party who’s doing so. Or alternatively, blame yourself.

True words.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.

>

Care to show some proof?

>

It isn’t cheating, and also moderators are humans, they can also tell wrong sometimes.

> > >
> >
> > Care to show some proof?
>
> It isn’t cheating, and also moderators are humans, they can also tell wrong sometimes.

Oh I know it isnt cheating, its just that when people start saying yeah someone said its cheating and then they dont even show any proof to back it up. Also if you go up against these people like I have, just quit the game so you dont go negative and complain that they are holding the objective. Simple as that.

No, but it means average parties of 8 in BTB can pad their stats on randoms! The epitome of BTB in Reach currently.

> So my question to you is it and why? I’ll give you my opinion being a competitive player. In btb and other objective games we would easily win games in less thn 2 minutes. Since there is no real ranked playlists minus lol arena we find playing the full length of the game in enjoyable.

What a surprise, you blame the ranking system of Reach even though if it was applied, it wouldn’t encourage you to push forward at all! You see, Arena is win/loss, so even if it was applied, you can still just hold the flag or bomb and then just plant it in the last minute for a 1-0 lead.

Go use your sarcastic tone somewhere else please.

It’s allowed, just lame and nooby.

It doesn’t take a lot of skill to bang up on randoms in a full party, what with nonexistant truskill, and full parties love to HTO to stat pad.

Your defense: find a place and hide.

It’s not cheating but it is pathetic and selfish.

It’s the kind of crap that makes people quit. It makes the game not fun for others.

It’s a sign of a low self esteem loser who should realize that halo is just a game and nobody else on the planet gives a -Yoink- about their k/d.

People who can not play a game in the spirit it was intended should turn off the X-box and go get a life.

“Cheating”? No, but it’s far worse for gameplay than most things that could be called cheating. While 2 minute games are terrible, I’m confused as to how spawnkilling randoms for 15 minutes is at all compelling.

I wouldn’t mind an absolutely massive increase in average search times if it meant reasonable matches. Reach usually matches very fast, but the results are a joke. The current trueskill implimentation is too loose as a whole, and it’s worthless for dealing with guest and party effects.

I actually just went through something like this on Breakpoint in Invasion.

Obviously, when you die, sometimes the other team could hear you. I was asking politely if, given the rarity of the gametype, we could allow both teams to earn the Achievement for blowing up the research facility. They agreed that it was a good idea, and the first two rounds would consist of relaxed gaming, where we wouldn’t pursue in teams; excluding the team trying for the achievement at the time.

My team was on Defense the first round, and so we did our part, and held back, and the other team received the achievement (one came up and told me himself). Following this, my team experienced a network lag, and 3 members left. And then began our round for being on Offense.

The other team started spawn-killing and slaughtering us. We never even touched the first objective zone, and both of my team members left. Following that, all of them came up to where I was always forced to spawn (there’s only one spawn area, and it’s in the open), and would actually take TURNS assassinating me, while laughing. I actually just set my controller down and left. It wasn’t worth watching it.

What’s sad is that they would have won either way, because there would still be a tie-breaker round, thus they could have let me earn the achievement without any repercussions at all.

I suppose this would be a reverse of HTO, but it’s in the same concept. It is rude, obnoxious, and is downright disrespectful to do things like this. In my personal opinion, I shouldn’t have to be forced into a game with people who are clearly better than our on team. Unfortunately, it would appear as if the matchmaking system pairs RANKS together rather than skill, despite the option to narrow your search. I always (not an overstatement) get paired with high-skilled teams, at least each consisting of an Inheritor.

Whatever runs the matchmaking system needs to be adjusted, because if this occurs with future games, it won’t be worth it to go into multiplayer for most gamers (highly-skilled or not).

You know, if anyone has real bad luck with this and has it happen to them a lot…

GO FIND A PARTY TO PLAY WITH.

Joking! Lol…I actually know hiding spots. Lots of them. Small maps and big maps. If it so compels you to wish to learn of these spots from a good HLGer so you can preserve your pride in matches, message me and I’ll be happy to show you some of my tricks.

No it’s not cheating. It’s part of playing the game and scoring the points for the team its how you win not how you win by killing people and care about K/D. If you care about winning then stick to the objective. Capture the Flag, hold the Oddball, score the bomb, whatever. You’re doing it to win. If you care about K/D soo much then go play Slayer. People who don’t care about the objective are noobs.

Didn’t read any replies.

But yeah, HTO is kinda lame, even if you are the one doing the HTO. I poop on kids just the same, but I have a better game etiquette than most, so I just -Yoink!- as I kill and keep it moving.