Is Helioskrill actually in the REQ system?

Hi there, has anybody actually gotten Helioskrill thanks to the RNGod acting through the REQ packs?

Because, while some devs may have said it is in the packs, how come nobody has done so yet?
And yes, I am starting to question whether a simple armor is worth completing Halo 2 in legendary or not.

Halo 2 on legendary with the scarab gun isn’t too hard.

> 2533274812698627;1:
> Hi there, has anybody actually gotten Helioskrill thanks to the RNGod acting through the REQ packs?
>
> Because, while some devs may have said it is in the packs, how come nobody has done so yet?
> And yes, I am starting to question whether a simple armor is worth completing Halo 2 in legendary or not.

I believe you have to do the entire MCC on legendary.

You have to beat all games on legendary except odst.

> 2533274812698627;1:
> Hi there, has anybody actually gotten Helioskrill thanks to the RNGod acting through the REQ packs?
>
> Because, while some devs may have said it is in the packs, how come nobody has done so yet?
> And yes, I am starting to question whether a simple armor is worth completing Halo 2 in legendary or not.

You can only get it via MCC legendary. BTW, if you are a true Halo fan, you will beat Halo 2 legendary; and yes, it is forth it. Not only can you brag about it, but the armor is very -Yoink!- and prestigious.

> 2533274900911359;5:
> > 2533274812698627;1:
> > Hi there, has anybody actually gotten Helioskrill thanks to the RNGod acting through the REQ packs?
> >
> > Because, while some devs may have said it is in the packs, how come nobody has done so yet?
> > And yes, I am starting to question whether a simple armor is worth completing Halo 2 in legendary or not.
>
>
> You can only get it via MCC legendary. BTW, if you are a true Halo fan, you will beat Halo 2 legendary; and yes, it is forth it. Not only can you brag about it, but the armor is very -Yoink!- and prestigious.

I take it you don’t have to do it all Han Solo, you can do it Co-op and still get the armour, right?

The Helioskrill armor was available through REQ packs before the BtB update when BTB was ranked. Now the only way to get the armor is by getting the “Legend” achievement on MCC. Also, looking at some speedrunning guides on youtube really helped me get the achievement and armor. Hope this helps. =]

It is only obtainable by beating Halo 1,2,3,4 on legendary. I did 1,2, and I’m half way through 3 (which is way easier than I remember). The only part you need to fear in 2 is gravemind…it will really test your patients, but honestly playing halo on legendary is the only way to play. At least you dont have to unlock legendary anymore, that was REALLY annoying to play through once and then play through again.

> 2533274810945725;6:
> > 2533274900911359;5:
> > > 2533274812698627;1:
> > > Hi there, has anybody actually gotten Helioskrill thanks to the RNGod acting through the REQ packs?
> > >
> > > Because, while some devs may have said it is in the packs, how come nobody has done so yet?
> > > And yes, I am starting to question whether a simple armor is worth completing Halo 2 in legendary or not.
> >
> >
> > You can only get it via MCC legendary. BTW, if you are a true Halo fan, you will beat Halo 2 legendary; and yes, it is forth it. Not only can you brag about it, but the armor is very -Yoink!- and prestigious.
>
>
> I take it you don’t have to do it all Han Solo, you can do it Co-op and still get the armour, right?

Yes, I am trying to unlock it too but I don’t really want to go through the campaigns solo, I did it once back in the day, don’t really feel the need ot do it again, if any of you want to I am up for running all campaigns co op im usually online from 5:00 pm CST and forward.

> 2533274810945725;3:
> > 2533274812698627;1:
> > Hi there, has anybody actually gotten Helioskrill thanks to the RNGod acting through the REQ packs?
> >
> > Because, while some devs may have said it is in the packs, how come nobody has done so yet?
> > And yes, I am starting to question whether a simple armor is worth completing Halo 2 in legendary or not.
>
>
> I believe you have to do the entire MCC on legendary.

Yep, I know. I meant that Halo 2 is, by FAR, the most difficult one of them all… Solo’d Halo 1, 3, 4 and 5 in their original releases on legendary…
Oh, well, I will just have to complete Halo 2 then, thanks for the answers everybody!

PS: No, the -Yoink- Scarab, Bandana, and Envy skulls do not work. They disable completion achievements because they are 0.00x multipliers. Trust me, I know from my own experience. I have tried every exploit imaginable before and after the 19GB update and still no achievements for levels completed with one of those.

> 2604983891615163;8:
> It is only obtainable by beating Halo 1,2,3,4 on legendary. I did 1,2, and I’m half way through 3 (which is way easier than I remember). The only part you need to fear in 2 is gravemind…it will really test your patients, but honestly playing halo on legendary is the only way to play. At least you dont have to unlock legendary anymore, that was REALLY annoying to play through once and then play through again.

Yeah, that’s exactly the level that I fear I won’t be able to complete…

Completed Halo 1, 3, 4 and 5 in legendary solo in their respective releases, but 2 is too frustrating.

> 2533274812698627;10:
> > 2533274810945725;3:
> > > 2533274812698627;1:
> > > Hi there, has anybody actually gotten Helioskrill thanks to the RNGod acting through the REQ packs?
> > > Because, while some devs may have said it is in the packs, how come nobody has done so yet?
> > > And yes, I am starting to question whether a simple armor is worth completing Halo 2 in legendary or not.
> >
> >
> > I believe you have to do the entire MCC on legendary.
>
>
> Yep, I know. I meant that Halo 2 is, by FAR, the most difficult one of them all… Solo’d Halo 1, 3, 4 and 5 in their original releases on legendary…
> Oh, well, I will just have to complete Halo 2 then, thanks for the answers everybody!
> PS: No, the -Yoink- Scarab, Bandana, and Envy skulls do not work. They disable completion achievements because they are 0.00x multipliers. Trust me, I know from my own experience. I have tried every exploit imaginable before and after the 19GB update and still no achievements for levels completed with one of those.

You know what the best bit is?
If you look at my service record, you can see that something went wrong when the game was telling waypoint about my activities, as every mission took me 1:40:39, I’ve scored nothing on any mission, and the 3 arguably hardest missions didn’t even register!

> 2533274810945725;12:
> > 2533274812698627;10:
> > > 2533274810945725;3:
> > > > 2533274812698627;1:
> > > > Hi there, has anybody actually gotten Helioskrill thanks to the RNGod acting through the REQ packs?
> > > >
> > > > Because, while some devs may have said it is in the packs, how come nobody has done so yet?
> > > > And yes, I am starting to question whether a simple armor is worth completing Halo 2 in legendary or not.
> > >
> > >
> > > I believe you have to do the entire MCC on legendary.
> >
> >
> > Yep, I know. I meant that Halo 2 is, by FAR, the most difficult one of them all… Solo’d Halo 1, 3, 4 and 5 in their original releases on legendary…
> > Oh, well, I will just have to complete Halo 2 then, thanks for the answers everybody!
> >
> > PS: No, the -Yoink- Scarab, Bandana, and Envy skulls do not work. They disable completion achievements because they are 0.00x multipliers. Trust me, I know from my own experience. I have tried every exploit imaginable before and after the 19GB update and still no achievements for levels completed with one of those.
>
>
> You know what the best bit is?
> If you look at my service record, you can see that something went wrong whwen the game was telling waypoint about my activities, as every mission took me 1:40:39, I’ve scored nothing, and the 3 arguably hardest missions didn’t even register!

Holy Johnson, that surely is some bad glitch… did you complete them before or after these patches 343 released? I got the MCC this year, been tracking things correctly except for most scores because… dunno.
By the way, there’s a pretty easy way around Uprising by going outside the map. That’s how I completed it in 12 minutes.

Also, why the hell did they keep Iron Skull activated on Halo 2 Legendary? I find it easier to play solo than with my brother, so I am going to have to complete Halo 2 on legendary twice. Once in my account, the second time in my brother’s.

And then we can keep on playing 3 and 4 Co-Op for the Helioskrill (yeah, we play them in order in the MCC for story’s sake).

I can confirm it’s possible to unlock with co-op, since I beat all 4 games doing split-screen co-op with my brother and have not beaten any levels solo. The funny thing is I just randomly selected Helioskrill because I liked how it looked, not realizing why I had it until I read about the requirements on the forum.

I can’t even recall what was so difficult about Halo 2 on Legendary? Anyone recall why Gravemind is considered to be so difficult?

on H2, I had the most difficulty the Regret mission, at the very end with a million elite’s coming out of nowhere. Completed all Legendary solo.

> 2533274808968005;15:
> I can’t even recall what was so difficult about Halo 2 on Legendary? Anyone recall why Gravemind is considered to be so difficult?

What makes gravemind a nightmare is you get through sacred icon and quarantine zone which are cakewalks and you say to yourself, ok the hard part is definitely over lets move on. Then gravemind hits and you just want to jump out a window and you say to yourself…this cant be happening again, why would anyone make a game like this…what the hell is wrong with them. and then the last 3 mission are like nothing ever happened and the game is easy mode again…it just comes out of no where and shows you what hell is really like LOL

> 2533274875982754;16:
> on H2, I had the most difficulty the Regret mission, at the very end with a million elite’s coming out of nowhere. Completed all Legendary solo.

yeah regret was kind hard…the boss fight was annoying.

I’ve gone back to finish this off now as well. Glad I already have Halo 2 legendary out of the way. Just got to finish off CE legendary and then rush through Halo 4. You can do Halo 2 with the scarab gun and still get the armour but I did it with out it personally.

Put on these skulls:
double explosion physics
light gravity
Birthday party
grunt explosive
piniata

> 2533274811430050;18:
> I’ve gone back to finish this off now as well. Glad I already have Halo 2 legendary out of the way. Just got to finish off CE legendary and then rush through Halo 4. You can do Halo 2 with the scarab gun and still get the armour but I did it with out it personally.

Doesn’t work anymore because of patches…

> Put on these skulls:
> double explosion physics
> light gravity
> Birthday party
> grunt explosive
> piñata

Will try them out, thanks! (Also, added the “ñ” in “piñata” because I do have that key in the keyboard, but “piniata” is still a good phonetic replacement.)