Is halo worth it anymore?

So for me I’m a huge competetive guy. My question is for me I know this update did nothing for me what so ever. Every update adds social playlists and emblems and armors but when does the competetive side get more than an arena pack?.. I mean don’t get me wrong love halo but with other games coming out this day has me on the border of if this games so great whys it half off on Amazon already and on ‘balanced’ search features takes 5-10min to find a game and usually same guys… So I’m assuming population is down what do we do once all these other games hit only play the 3 popular playlists from looks is all social… Please understand not mad or complaining or being negative just stating facts. When do the arena and hardcore try hard folks like myself get updates. I don’t play for the glory of using a sword in infection or running in circle to the same base for 6min a map just holding off enemies all day for a level because seems not to many care about rank over the level which is now obvious. Saw a 150 with 0 arena. That’s just down right killing the game in my eyes. Thanks feel free to let me know what you think so far as a competetive player. Please remember I’m talking to the onyx+ folks who love arena but can’t get any decent updates . Firefight, war zone, infection … Where is doubles ranked, head to head, team sniper ranked you guys can add them for weekend so I’m forced in 2 playlists only. Arena/Slayer. It’s repetitive .

> 2535406132783113;1:
> lolwut

Im guessing this could be a region issue, non-U.S.? Might help to know what country you are playing from.

I don’t think you can fairly say that only the social crowd has received service when there are still plenty of missing social aspects. The competitive crowd never gets much attention because they don’t need it. I am assuming you are speaking on team arena, in which case that playlist gets very few maps because the maps that have been intended for competitive play…suck. However the competitive side doesn’t have many game modes, if that is what you are getting at. 343 is slowly making better maps, so hopefully we can see better variety in the near future on both sides.

Aside from new maps what else can they add to competitive arena play?

They’ve tweaked weapon balancing and changed up weapon placements to be on par with the HCS. Those things also affect arena.

It’s worth it if you enjoy what you play. That’s pretty simple math.

Your search concerns are personal in nature. I can’t watch a 1 minute 30 second trailer between the time one game ends and another starts, and that includes the 30+ second wait between games.

Also, you’d be surprised to see some people think 343 completely disregards social and only focuses on competitive. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle?

  • Competitive players just got a new Arena map and weapon to practice with - Competitive map updates will be out in the future - Competitive searching options - Weapon balances - HCS tournaments

> 2661949065475413;3:
> Aside from new maps what else can they add to competitive arena play?
>
> They’ve tweaked weapon balancing and changed up weapon placements to be on par with the HCS. Those things also affect arena.

Game modes? Playlists? New weapons, not reskins? A MLG/HCS style playlist, like in year 1 of the MCC, not Breakout?

Just think of a “competitive” thing that would work well in Halo, and ask for that. It’s not that difficult.

5 mind to find a game? I okay on focused settings and find a full lobby in every play list within 10 seconds (uk)

Edit: lol just realised my phone logged me in on a random account.

> 2533274915643658;6:
> > 2661949065475413;3:
> > Aside from new maps what else can they add to competitive arena play?
> >
> > They’ve tweaked weapon balancing and changed up weapon placements to be on par with the HCS. Those things also affect arena.
>
>
> Game modes? Playlists? New weapons, not reskins? A MLG/HCS style playlist, like in year 1 of the MCC, not Breakout?
>
> Just think of a “competitive” thing that would work well in Halo, and ask for that. It’s not that difficult.

There’s already more competitive playlists than anything else. More would just further dilute the player base. We get it, you want doubles back.
Hasn’t every new weapon they’ve added been also added to arena maps as well? Aside from the warzone OP variants that is.
To my understanding Team Arena has always mirrored that of the HCS. Same placement changes, map/game modes, etc.

You -Yoink- about your oh so precious mlg bs but us social players are just now starting to get the good stuff. In my opinion all we need now is playable elites. You have your mlg gamemodes, so quit complaining when you have more gamemodes than social players.

Uh, Arena players just got a huge overhaul of HCS maps/gametypes that we’re testing in Team Arena…Did you miss that part? We got a new Arena map to play this update as well.

Also, we get a ton of tournaments with Halo Pro League.

Assault was added, new weapon spawns have been added, and they are going to add in HCS gametypes. That seems like a good compromise to me. The only thing missing for me is to remove Motion Sensor from HCS gametypes.

Bummer, I am in the US though and yea the search is bad but I also play early so then its diamonds vs. champions kind of hard to get to champion myself 1v4 with making it a “balanced” selection making it harder but I am grinding it out lol think I lost 5 straight due to just the mixup of ranks have a team of randoms with me and then two teams of two in onyx with a platinum to help them level up its all played out to me so guess I just play socially now lol its a bummer I use to love to compete but yea its gone now the rank system would be an awesome update, base it off the player for once lol woo that be nice update

> 2661949065475413;8:
> > 2533274915643658;6:
> > > 2661949065475413;3:
> > > Aside from new maps what else can they add to competitive arena play?
> > >
> > > They’ve tweaked weapon balancing and changed up weapon placements to be on par with the HCS. Those things also affect arena.
> >
> >
> > Game modes? Playlists? New weapons, not reskins? A MLG/HCS style playlist, like in year 1 of the MCC, not Breakout?
> >
> > Just think of a “competitive” thing that would work well in Halo, and ask for that. It’s not that difficult.
>
>
> There’s already more competitive playlists than anything else. More would just further dilute the player base. We get it, you want doubles back.
> Hasn’t every new weapon they’ve added been also added to arena maps as well? Aside from the warzone OP variants that is.
> To my understanding Team Arena has always mirrored that of the HCS. Same placement changes, map/game modes, etc.

Well, doubles, Oddball, King of the Hill, Race (it can be competitive), and some new ones. I’m just kind of tired of playing the same game modes from 2004. Like, isn’t there anything else we can throw into the game?

Also, I haven’t played the new map, but I don’t think the Brute Plasma Rifle is in Arena. Which is a shame, since I think it would work in Arena. It’s a bloody plasma rifle for starters. But I’m talking like actual new weapons, like, I dunno, a grenade launcher or something. Same reason as above, using the same weapons from 2004 gets old eventually. I have no problem with the current weapons, but I guess I want more diversity, without redundant options like the 5 different precision weapons that all basically do the same thing.

> 2535406132783113;1:
> So for me I’m a huge competetive guy. My question is for me I know this update did nothing for me what so ever. Every update adds social playlists and emblems and armors but when does the competetive side get more than an arena pack?.. I mean don’t get me wrong love halo but with other games coming out this day has me on the border of if this games so great whys it half off on Amazon already and on ‘balanced’ search features takes 5-10min to find a game and usually same guys… So I’m assuming population is down what do we do once all these other games hit only play the 3 popular playlists from looks is all social… Please understand not mad or complaining or being negative just stating facts. When do the arena and hardcore try hard folks like myself get updates. I don’t play for the glory of using a sword in infection or running in circle to the same base for 6min a map just holding off enemies all day for a level because seems not to many care about rank over the level which is now obvious. Saw a 150 with 0 arena. That’s just down right killing the game in my eyes. Thanks feel free to let me know what you think so far as a competetive player. Please remember I’m talking to the onyx+ folks who love arena but can’t get any decent updates . Firefight, war zone, infection … Where is doubles ranked, head to head, team sniper ranked you guys can add them for weekend so I’m forced in 2 playlists only. Arena/Slayer. It’s repetitive .

I’m not sure why you are talking to “onyx+ players who love arena only”. Can someone ranked in platnium not enjoy arena and competitive halo? Being an onyx is cool and all, but has little to do with someone’s competitive nature.

edit: you are not onyx in arena. So you’re not talking about yourself in your post? Now I’m confused.

Halo is always worth it

> 2533274816788253;15:
> Halo is always worth it

Yes anything for a forum post huh :slight_smile: