Is Halo The Master Chief Collection worth it?

I am wondering if i should buy Halo MCC but is it worth it?

HI MajorHalo.

I was in the same situation as you about November last year. Then I bought it (was still a full price game in my region) and I am still playing.

It all depends on how big of a Halo fan you really are and whether you already feel a little fed up on Halo gameplay, have played it too often already.

Because don’t expect anything new if you have played all 4 Halos.

I would highly recommend you buy it, if you are not looking for a multiplayer game. The main selling point is 4 Halo games on one console, graphics improved vs 360 versions, Halo 2 CE completely remastered with up-to-date graphics and approx. 60 mins of all cutscenes re-created with awesome production values, all of the games are running rocksolid at 60fps.

I mean what you get is still the best fps campaigns out there (PC players are extremely jealous this collection isnt’ on their platform).

BUT if you are thinking: I want a rocksolid multiplayer fps, then hands off!

It just isn’t that, the multiplayer is a) broken and b) frustrating as hell (long matchmaking times, broken skill matching, bad hit registration, broken physics, clipping etc… the list goes on). For mp I would grab Overwatch, COD or Rainbow Six in the spring sale that is currently on.

Also, if you have played all of these games before, you might consider investing that money in GTA 5, Mon Hun or Assassin’s Creed which are also on sale right now.

Hope this helps.

> 2533274820171137;2:
> HI MajorHalo.
>
> I was in the same situation as you about November last year. Then I bought it (was still a full price game in my region) and I am still playing.
>
> It all depends on how big of a Halo fan you really are and whether you already feel a little fed up on Halo gameplay, have played it too often already.
>
> Because don’t expect anything new if you have played all 4 Halos.
>
> I would highly recommend you buy it, if you are not looking for a multiplayer game. The main selling point is 4 Halo games on one console, graphics improved vs 360 versions, Halo 2 CE completely remastered with up-to-date graphics and approx. 60 mins of all cutscenes re-created with awesome production values, all of the games are running rocksolid at 60fps.
>
> I mean what you get is still the best fps campaigns out there (PC players are extremely jealous this collection isnt’ on their platform).
>
> BUT if you are thinking: I want a rocksolid multiplayer fps, then hands off!
>
> It just isn’t that, the multiplayer is a) broken and b) frustrating as hell (long matchmaking times, broken skill matching, bad hit registration, broken physics, clipping etc… the list goes on). For mp I would grab Overwatch, COD or Rainbow Six in the spring sale that is currently on.
>
> Also, if you have played all of these games before, you might consider investing that money in GTA 5, Mon Hun or Assassin’s Creed which are also on sale right now.
>
> Hope this helps.

I think im gonna buy it tomorrrow because i loved H2 and H3 campaigns and i have never played a halo game remastered.

> 2533275002277771;3:
> > 2533274820171137;2:
> > -snip!-
>
> I think im gonna buy it tomorrrow because i loved H2 and H3 campaigns and i have never played a halo game remastered.

I hope you enjoy it! The campaigns are really fun to play in the MCC.

If you are a die hard halo 3 fan just jump right into btb 95% of the games is Halo 3!
Cough, Cough Sarcasm!

If you’re gonna buy MCC just for the campaigns of all 4 games (and maybe ODST) , then yeah, I’ll say go for it!

Multiplayer, don’t raise your hopes on MP, not even on the cross-game playlists if you’re willing to play Halo CE, 2 or 2A multiplayer.

A sleeker look on all the halos up to 4. All games in one disc. 600 achievements. I’d say it’s pretty worth it.

Same, definetly worth the money. And while playing the campaign I didn’t come across too many glitches. Playing coop and online you may have lag issues or connection issues but usually that’s just playing with certain people.

I bought my Xbox with the MCC included and I’m still playing it. Some major problems on the MM have been fixed and population is still alive if you like multiplayer.
But it’s still worth it even if you only want to play the campaign, so go for it!

Yes! I love it :sob: one of my favorites to play with my bf

No. It is a waste of $30.

The game was broken for so long that nearly the entire population fled. Once the population dropped, on March 4th 2016 they ‘unranked’ the game to where 50’s can match 1’s. Would highly recommend against it unless you only care for the campaign / achievements.

If you are a real halo fan, definitely get it, its a great game

Absolutely, the collection is an excellent value.

Absolutely worth it. Halo 1 - 4, with Halo CE and Halo 2 anniversary and the OG versions (graphically) included. This game will give you probably a good few thousand hours if you are trying to get all the achievements, plus the multiplayer - assuming it’s functional. I honestly haven’t played the MP and didn’t even finish Halo 4 until last year. You can find it for like $10. It’s without a doubt the best XB1 exclusive, although that’s kind of a bad thing.

My only complaints are things like no online co op for halo 1 and 2, because it didn’t exist in the originals.

Its worth it for the Campaigns, the other features remain to be seen.
Make sure if you’re gonna buy it, you get it second hand. 343i don’t deserve another penny on this title irregardless of their intent to patch it in the coming months.

If you want to play the campaigns it is definetly worth it but if you were considering to buy it for the multiplayer… don’t.

The first 4 main Halo games, ODST’s campaign, custom games, forge for Halo 2, 3 and 4, even spartan ops, which were meh but still content. Halo 2 anniversary is god tier and when the MP works it’s amazing, tbh MP works a good amount of the time (at least for me). It’s worth it

> 2533275002277771;1:
> I am wondering if i should buy Halo MCC but is it worth it?

I’d extremely happy if 343i released Halo: MCC for Windows 10 PC/Steam Version in the future, then it’d be definitely worth to buy it and revisit classic Bungie games. Of course, Halo: Reach Remastered would’ve been nice to be included for Halo: MCC on Xbox one, Xbox One X, and Windows 10 PC/Steam too.

I forgot to check this post and say i bought GTA V because i was interested in the mp part and people said that wasnt too good.

But thanks for answering.