Is Halo ready for an LMG?

I used to be a firm beleiver in the answer NO! Now, however, I am beginning to realize that the addition of an LMG might not be such a bad thing. Since Halo 4 is moving toward a broader sandbox, it might be the right time. Certainly, this weapon needs to be considered a power weapon, not something you can spawn with. Since the assault rifle only has 32 rounds, and will likely be more accurate than previous titles; it has been called “beefy”, an LMG could feel the role of the inaccurate, wildly powerful rifle. Since the SMG was taken out in reach, though it has not been denounced for Halo 4, this gun would not be redundant.

The LMG would contain an 80 round clip, have the inaccuracy of the h1 AR, but would deal some DAMAGE! It should take a while to reload, and should be placed on the map as a neutral weapon. As far as asthetics, I think it would be neat if the gun was large enough to be held over the shoulder like the rockets or spartan laser, and should be laser in design. Instead of having a huge ammo belt, it could be a laser weapon prototype that is cumbersome, being fed by a “battery” of sorts. Let me know what you think about the weapons, would it be unbalanced, balanced? Would this weapon interfere with the turret? Would the weapon function correctly, being something that could suppress multiple enemies.

The Focus Rifle already fills the role of the LMG.

No, /thread. Halo has detachable MG turrets already.

That would be copying COD… /sarcasm.

> The Focus Rifle already fills the role of the LMG.

Well, not really. I get what you are saying, but the focus rifle, really, is a sniper. Though if 343 were to beef this gun up and change it a little, it could fill that role certainly.

Detachable turrets fit the role of a LMG. Huge power, inaccurate and they slow you down.

LMG 1
LMG 2

> LMG 1
> LMG 2

WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT PIC??? That thing is CRUNK

Instead of adding a LMG, I wish they could simply somehow implement a different Warthog destruction that allows the chain gun to remain useful. After a hog explodes, one could pick up the chain gun and go to town on people.

The ideas in the OP are nice and sound fun, but I can’t really see them “fitting in” with the flow of the game (past games) to be honest.

> LMG 1
> LMG 2

I wished Halo: Reach had that kind of style too it. A mini-pelican is so much better than that -Yoink!- Falcon. No power ranger Spartans either…

OnTopid: I’m torn on this one. On one hand, we have detachable turrets. On the other hand, most people never detach them so it would be nice a have a LMG-type weapon we could spawn with.

> LMG 1
> LMG 2

LOVE the design for LMG 1, I hope there’s something like that in Halo 4.

An LMG in Halo would be a new and refreshing concept.

It could work but it would probably need alot of testing to make it balanced.

I think that if it were implemented that the turret would need to be amped up

Yeah, I think it is. A proper LMG, I don’t really think the turret can count as one. The turret is a HMG. An LMG would add variety and would be a nice addition to the game. I think it should have some kick up to balance it amongst other weapons, but it’s a gun I’ve really wanted to see in Halo.

I think the detachable turret is filling this role already, whether turrets come back in the same form is unknown to me.

Maybe if they made the detachable turret slightly better or, that you could move faster with it? But if they did, they should definitely make it look like ‘LMG 1’ from that picture. It looked awesome. Plus this quote is true.

> It could work but it would probably need alot of testing to make it balanced.

To those saying the detachable turret is an LMG, no. It is a regular machine gun. A LMG is a LIGHT Machine Gun. Like the one shown here.

I think this is a great idea. And honestly, I have a feeling 343 already has it in Halo 4.

> To those saying the detachable turret is an LMG, no. It is a regular machine gun. A LMG is a LIGHT Machine Gun. Like the one shown here.
>
> I think this is a great idea. And honestly, I have a feeling 343 already has it in Halo 4.

i feel the same way. I dont know why, probably because halo 4 has a wide variety of weapons like the dmr and br, but i really anticipate some sort of weapon like this.

I am rather inclined to say no

I would love a portable Gauss Rifle for campaign tho

> No, /thread. Halo has detachable MG turrets already.
>
> That would be copying COD… /sarcasm.

why not go that extra mile? i mean hell they got Spartan points (cod points), and Spartan ops (spec ops) why not get a LMG in there too, at lest it wont be the same weapons from the other halo games unlike every known weapons so far.
sure why not, add another weapon in there.