IS HALO INFINITE MOVEMENT DESIGNED WELL?

do you think halo infinites movement is good? and more specifically, do you think halo infinite’s movement is in line with classic design philosophies, why and why not?

Personally, i think it is great, and fits seamlessly into gameplay while staying true to classic halo design philosophy, as it is a movement system that does 3 main things well. One, it paces the game well, in a way that allows for you he sandbox to shine through, and makes maps feel just the right size they were going for. this was a problem halo reach had with sprint. The combat of halo did not mesh with the slow sprint to fire of the weapons, making it useless for aggressive play. it was exclusively a movement tool in maps that were made larger due to its inclusion. which was terrible design on bungies part, and something 343 didn’t perfect until this lost recent title. the sprint in halo infinite paces the game in a way that is similar to the classics. The second thing it does well is include a skill gap in the movement that allow for players who learn the game to find ways to improve their movement and get an edge in game. this is perfectly in line with halo design principles, which all try to follow that same key concept, this was something halo 5 did well , as well as in halo 2 and 3. the third thing it does, is allow for the systems of the other game to shine in the sandbox along side it. because the pacing of the movement follows these design philosophies, the movement in game goes hand in hand with the gunplay and map design, and works perfectly to include at the ready, always equipped skill gap on the movement, while still working alongside sandbox items that have their own unique quirks, movement capabilities and skill gaps, almost a mix between halo 5 and 3. All in all im very pleased with much of the design of halo infinites multiplayer combat, and the movement is one of the larger reasons why.

if you think differently please feel free to share thank you coming to my ted talk

In my opinion. Yes.

Definitely. Its modernized Halo with snappier movement along with “advanced mobility mechanics” peppered in. When you look at the gameplay and compare it to say, Halo 5, you’ll notice that the “classic Halo dance” is more accentuated and intertwining nicely with the rhythm if that makes sense, idk.

It feels very nice to play. It feels modern without straying too far from the original Halo trilogy.

They’ve really nailed the look and feel of this game to please the most amount of people.

> 2535448497705415;3:
> Definitely. Its modernized Halo with snappier movement along with “advanced mobility mechanics” peppered in. When you look at the gameplay and compare it to say, Halo 5, you’ll notice that the “classic Halo dance” is more accentuated and intertwining nicely with the rhythm if that makes sense, idk.

Mind you, the advanced mobility mechanics were neutered considerably in a way to prop up the more classic feel while also feeling new. Its the best of both worlds right there.

For a final conclusion i have to play more, but what i played so far was really fun.

Feels cartoony…honestly needs a little bit of movement inertia cause it feels like a cheap game right now.

If sprint has to stay in Halo, I think this is an ok balance

> 2533274823963969;7:
> Feels cartoony…honestly needs a little bit of movement inertia cause it feels like a cheap game right now.

I mean… it IS free though :joy: