Is Halo Getting too Frantic?

As much as I initially enjoyed Halo 5’s multiplayer I am growing concerned about how fast paced halo is getting. halo used to encourage tactical thinking which allowed brains to outthink enemies in many scenarios, now I feel fights just devolve into lots of spray and praying and boosting around (which in my opinion is not fun) as someone from both teams usually just come in for clean up kills. I miss being able to take on a team of 3 by myself because I knew the speed they were going to move and the arcs they would jump in which allowed me to plan accordingly. Now I feel like twitch shooting and nade spamming is all what is required to win a game. Halo used to be a competitive game that also was perfect for a tense, deliberately paced experience, now I feel like I am constantly shooting and turning around because enemies are constantly sprinting, clambering and boosting across the map.

Anyone else saddened by this?

I’m not, but I do see where you are coming from. The tactical thinking is still there, it just requires you to think quicker.

> 2533274855477511;2:
> I’m not, but I do see where you are coming from. The tactical thinking is still there, it just requires you to think quicker.

I can understand that maybe its just that I’m getting older but I feel like you can’t succeed unless you have lightning reflexes (which is hard since I have way less time to actually play the game).

> 2533274832533769;3:
> > 2533274855477511;2:
> > I’m not, but I do see where you are coming from. The tactical thinking is still there, it just requires you to think quicker.
>
>
> I can understand that maybe its just that I’m getting older but I feel like you can’t succeed unless you have lightening reflexes (which is hard since I have way less time to actually play the game).

It definitely requires quicker reflexes than previous Halo titles, but I wouldn’t go as far as to calling it a twitch shooter. Whether it’s too fast or not I think that’s subject to personal opinion. I like it.

I wish I never took a 3 month vacay from this game when it was released, I wish I did that now, now that everything coming undone.

> 2533274832533769;1:
> As much as I initially enjoyed Halo 5’s multiplayer I am growing concerned about how fast paced halo is getting. halo used to encourage tactical thinking which allowed brains to outthink enemies in many scenarios, now I feel fights just devolve into lots of spray and praying and boosting around (which in my opinion is not fun) as someone from both teams usually just come in for clean up kills. I miss being able to take on a team of 3 by myself because I knew the speed they were going to move and the arcs they would jump in which allowed me to plan accordingly. Now I feel like twitch shooting and nade spamming is all what is required to win a game. Halo used to be a competitive game that also was perfect for a tense, deliberately paced experience, now I feel like I am constantly shooting and turning around because enemies are constantly sprinting, clambering and boosting across the map.
>
> Anyone else saddened by this?

You can still out think your opponent. You can still determine the best course of attack or defense and anticipate your opponents movements. Nothing has been taken away on that end. However if you find yourself in tight corners, it becomes a game that depends heavily on reflexes. The better tactical approach will still one 9 out of 10 times and you can blame the tenth on lag.