Is Halo Canon In Halo?

We know that human history, and even the present, are canon in the Halo universe, but what about the story of halo? Is it possible that all of the halo books and games existed in the halo universe, but have been lost to history by the time anything eventful happens (like what has probably happened to much from the early 21st century)? I kind of like to think that it’s like that, as I’ve never seen anything that outright disproves it. I was curious about other people’s thoughts on the matter.

No.The Halo franchise doesnt exist in the Halo timeline,instead theres another game that fills Halos place.

Nah dude.
That’s like saying that Percy Jackson is canon in Percy Jackson, or that Star Trek is Canon in Star Trek.
There is no need to be confused about this.

Hmmm maybe it sort of does in contemporary Halo, we know they have MC dolls, they might have made a ‘Halo’ game fer da kidz.

You could make the argument that the Halo universe is one in which humanity perfectly predicted the events of the future based on their knowledge of the Forerunners in the past and other stuff (time travel?). It’s all pretty open-ended seeing as nothing is specified.

Sort of. And that’s a really big sort of. Halo games and Ad material is canon to a degree but only canon in that there is overlap between marketing and continuity.

Halo Multiplayer is retconned into being the training of Spartan 4 with ODST and maybe the exclusion of Reach given all of them are Spartan 3 and story characters respectively. So the game’s multiplayer while not a thing in-universe is a game-play element that has found itself into continuity. So things like the game do exist in Halo, just that it’s not actually the game but an actual training simulation. Another thing against Reach though is Firefight voices which don’t work considering most of them are dead, didn’t participate, or incapable of doing so with the war games, excluding Buck.

We also know that Master Chief and the Spartans are merchandised as toys.

The Noble Team statue in the Halo:Reach collectors edition does exist both in small and large forms as a memorial to the team.

Some Pre-order material is also canon like Noble 6’s Recon helmet. It’s unclear if he ever got it, but it’s canon he did make the request based off the pre-order material.

I love Bees if I’m not mistaken is canon, I could be wrong but that is a thing.

I feel like more exists, but Halo does exist in Halo. Just not as you think it does. Mostly it’s just marketing overlapping in-game lore.

> 2535420814332188;1:
> We know that human history, and even the present, are canon in the Halo universe, but what about the story of halo? Is it possible that all of the halo books and games existed in the halo universe, but have been lost to history by the time anything eventful happens (like what has probably happened to much from the early 21st century)? I kind of like to think that it’s like that, as I’ve never seen anything that outright disproves it. I was curious about other people’s thoughts on the matter.

If halo is real, lets hope we can study this game as much as we can to avoid disasters and gain the upper hand against threats like the flood or covenant.

EDIT: I’m really confused after reading the other replies, are you asking if its real or something else.

> 2533274824050480;5:
> You could make the argument that the Halo universe is one in which humanity perfectly predicted the events of the future based on their knowledge of the Forerunners in the past and other stuff (time travel?). It’s all pretty open-ended seeing as nothing is specified.

I’ve always kinda thought that it could of been some geas from the forerunners (as we know that one was implemented on the human race) that allowed them to predict it, but obviously it would have all been long forgotten and lost by the 2500’s. Just an idea I’ve always toyed with given that, like you said, the idea of “halo being canon in halo” never really talked about.

> 2533274898071240;7:
> > 2535420814332188;1:
> > We know that human history, and even the present, are canon in the Halo universe, but what about the story of halo? Is it possible that all of the halo books and games existed in the halo universe, but have been lost to history by the time anything eventful happens (like what has probably happened to much from the early 21st century)? I kind of like to think that it’s like that, as I’ve never seen anything that outright disproves it. I was curious about other people’s thoughts on the matter.
>
> If halo is real, lets hope we can study this game as much as we can to avoid disasters and gain the upper hand against threats like the flood or covenant.
>
> EDIT: I’m really confused after reading the other replies, are you asking if its real or something else.

Nah, what I’m talking about is the possibility of halo being canon in the Halo universe. Like if it’s canon that there was a series of games and books in the early 21st century called “Halo” that have been essentially lost to history by the 2500’s.

> 2535420814332188;9:
> > 2533274898071240;7:
> > > 2535420814332188;1:
> > > We know that human history, and even the present, are canon in the Halo universe, but what about the story of halo? Is it possible that all of the halo books and games existed in the halo universe, but have been lost to history by the time anything eventful happens (like what has probably happened to much from the early 21st century)? I kind of like to think that it’s like that, as I’ve never seen anything that outright disproves it. I was curious about other people’s thoughts on the matter.
> >
> > If halo is real, lets hope we can study this game as much as we can to avoid disasters and gain the upper hand against threats like the flood or covenant.
> >
> > EDIT: I’m really confused after reading the other replies, are you asking if its real or something else.
>
> Nah, what I’m talking about is the possibility of halo being canon in the Halo universe. Like if it’s canon that there was a series of games and books in the early 21st century called “Halo” that have been essentially lost to history by the 2500’s.

Oh, I get it now. I’ll have to say maybe.

I doubt the actual story and lore of Halo was real in the universe, but maybe some kind of alternate version?

So like the Supernatural books in Supernatural? Nah. I seriously doubt it. We don’t have Chuck.