Is Halo 5 worth the purchase?

What do you guys think?
I love Halo, played all of them to date…but after Halo 4, I feel as if Halo has lost that touch it had in Halo 1, 2, and 3.

I mean, I know its a new company making the game, they’ll have new ideas and whatever. But it just does not feel the same. For me, the Halo 4 campaign was a definite no-no, it bored me, a lot. The in-game conversations between Chief and Cortana felt really basic, and I didn’t/don’t really like the Prometheons. I much rather prefer the good ol’ Covenant and Flood.

So what do you guys think? Would/will you purchase Halo 5?

Personally, the halo 5 beta felt amazing and the post beta feedback tweeks only made it sound better. I will be buying halo 5.

I don’t know yet. It’s halo… so i’m going to buy it anyway… But to the less fanatical among us… wait and see.

I think H4 being 343i’s first major release, that there was a steep learning curve. I liked the H5 Beta, and look forward to seeing what they have done and learned.

Halo 4 had that crappy scenario and crappy level design, I think and hope Halo 5 will fix most of these issues, I mean Halo 5’s scenario seems very intriguing so I think it won’t disapoint me, for the gameplay and the level design part, I trust 343 on improving their work because it wasnt bad in Halo 4 but it was somehow poor, I think with Halo 5 we won’t have all that crap…

H4’s level design and overall scope were limited by the hardware. The game practically squeezed the 360 dry. I’d have to disagree with you on the story, OP, but that’s a different discussion. If you’ve been following HTT, you should have an idea as to story, and if you’ve played the beta, you should know what the MP’s core structure is.
As for me, I’ll be getting the limited edition as soon as I know what’s in it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

> 2533274932540799;6:
> H4’s level design and overall scope were limited by the hardware. The game practically squeezed the 360 dry. I’d have to disagree with you on the story, OP, but that’s a different discussion. If you’ve been following HTT, you should have an idea as to story, and if you’ve played the beta, you should know what the MP’s core structure is.
> As for me, I’ll be getting the limited edition as soon as I know what’s in it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

yeah the story was really good, OP is a heretic.

> 2535427661418834;7:
> > 2533274932540799;6:
> > H4’s level design and overall scope were limited by the hardware. The game practically squeezed the 360 dry. I’d have to disagree with you on the story, OP, but that’s a different discussion. If you’ve been following HTT, you should have an idea as to story, and if you’ve played the beta, you should know what the MP’s core structure is.
> > As for me, I’ll be getting the limited edition as soon as I know what’s in it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
>
> yeah the story was really good, OP is a heretic.

Anyone who’s skeptical about Halo 5 can always go find a Redbox to rent Halo 5 before buying it.

> 2533274881161943;1:
> What do you guys think?
> I love Halo, played all of them to date…but after Halo 4, I feel as if Halo has lost that touch it had in Halo 1, 2, and 3.
>
> I mean, I know its a new company making the game, they’ll have new ideas and whatever. But it just does not feel the same. For me, the Halo 4 campaign was a definite no-no, it bored me, a lot. The in-game conversations between Chief and Cortana felt really basic, and I didn’t/don’t really like the Prometheons. I much rather prefer the good ol’ Covenant and Flood.
>
> So what do you guys think? Would/will you purchase Halo 5?

I already have the legendary edition purchased but i can appreciate your point of view

Halo 4 was pretty much a new start for Halo. It isn’t like the original series , but I played the Halo 5 Beta, and it was amazing! I think it is worth the purchase even if it isn’t like the original games.

I’ll definitely be purchasing the game, but not the collector’s edition that’s way too much! I’ll probably get the special edition! I don’t feel like it’s going to be a waste.

cough cough CoD… weapon attatchments? sound familiar?

Halo 4 was worth the purchase. It arguably wasn’t even a great halo in comparison to others. Reach was worth it too. Even MCC was worth it to me. They all brought something to the table, which in my opinion was definitely worth $60 or more. Even without online included as a factor, or how it plays, there’s still a million other things. Custom games, forge, campaign, probably a new spartan ops or firefight mix, split screen (even though its only 2 player split screen currently confirmed, which I hate). I’m probably buying the Limited Edition, though never the console edition. Already unlocked Helioskrill. There’s just so much content even if it only provides he basics any other Halo does.

> 2533274835177214;13:
> cough cough CoD… weapon attatchments? sound familiar?

There’s no way that can physically happen if there’s equal starts/no loadouts. At most there will be multiple variants of the same weapon in the sandbox, which just adds variety for customs.

For the multiplayer

If you’re looking for that classic Halo wide-eyed amazament feeling, no, the MM is sub-par, Firefight is unbalanced, and Campaign is a joke, the only genuine Halo feel I get is playing custom super fiesta, and Forge, so no for Classic Halo MM, Yes for Classic Halo Customs.

Short answer: yes it very much is.

> 2535450171317058;16:
> For the multiplayer

Check the date of the post before yours.

Let dead threads stay dead

Halo is always worth purchase.