Is Halo 5 worth pre-ordering?

Hello Halo Community, I have not played Halo since PS3’s opening sale and heard Halo 4 is a mixed review game. However receantly I’ve heard that Halo 5 is a solid game and has FNAF style hype (Anybody seen the new teaser? http://www.scottgames.com),so I have a question, Is halo 5 worth preordering?

I’d wait until E3, You will probably get a clearer answer. So far only the Beta has shown us a bit of Matchmaking. Things like Forge, Campaign and all those other details are pretty much unknown at the moment.

I’d wait.

Is any game worth preodering?

Is h5 looking good? The beta was better than h4 and reach and with the changes its only going to be better.
If your the preodering type than Yes!

I’m wait for:
A. E3 to show us more
B. The MCC’s matchmaking times to be fixed.

But is it worth pre ordering? Yeah! Best halo since halo 3!

> 2535472015064287;1:
> Hello Halo Community, I have not played Halo since PS3’s opening sale and heard Halo 4 is a mixed review game. However receantly I’ve heard that Halo 5 is a solid game and has FNAF style hype (Anybody seen the new teaser? http://www.scottgames.com),so I have a question, Is halo 5 worth preordering?

I’d say from my personal experience, No. I didn’t really have much fun with the MM aspect. It was just a different way of making H4, but with a bigger focus towards old school Halo. It still felt like H4 to me though, but then again, if that is the only question you are asking, the I would go out on the limb to say that you are probably just looking for a fun game to play. Maybe a good campaign or a few games of MM, so you would probably have fun with the game. In which case, I would still say no, because if you know anything about MCC, 343 released a broken game that still, almost 4 months later, doesn’t work. So if you want to put your money into a company who knowingly released a game that was broken, and then after all the backlash, still let the game be sold and even let it be put up as part of a sale while it was still broken, trying to entice consumers to purchase a broken product…

No one should ever pre-order a game now that digital copies are around. You don’t have to worry about not getting a copy, and at this point, nothing is special. You get an H5 statue… that’s really only worth something if you have memorabilia that is original. That statue is from the 5th installment of a game that is heading downward. Notice how the Original Transformers toys from the 80s are worth big bucks? That’s because they are originals, which made a comeback, and are in high demand. That statue will never be in high demand because even though the number is limited to maybe 10-100k units, no one is going to be asking for one in 2 years. Just order the single disk if you really want it that bad, or just buy it through the digital marketplace so you can preload the game before midnight and start playing once 12am EST hits.

> 2533274839151243;5:
> > 2535472015064287;1:
> > Hello Halo Community, I have not played Halo since PS3’s opening sale and heard Halo 4 is a mixed review game. However receantly I’ve heard that Halo 5 is a solid game and has FNAF style hype (Anybody seen the new teaser? http://www.scottgames.com),so I have a question, Is halo 5 worth preordering?
>
>
> I’d say from my personal experience, No. I didn’t really have much fun with the MM aspect. It was just a different way of making H4, but with a bigger focus towards old school Halo. It still felt like H4 to me though, but then again, if that is the only question you are asking, the I would go out on the limb to say that you are probably just looking for a fun game to play. Maybe a good campaign or a few games of MM, so you would probably have fun with the game. In which case, I would still say no, because if you know anything about MCC, 343 released a broken game that still, almost 4 months later, doesn’t work. So if you want to put your money into a company who knowingly released a game that was broken, and then after all the backlash, still let the game be sold and even let it be put up as part of a sale while it was still broken, trying to entice consumers to purchase a broken product…
>
> No one should ever pre-order a game now that digital copies are around. You don’t have to worry about not getting a copy, and at this point, nothing is special. You get an H5 statue… that’s really only worth something if you have memorabilia that is original. That statue is from the 5th installment of a game that is heading downward. Notice how the Original Transformers toys from the 80s are worth big bucks? That’s because they are originals, which made a comeback, and are in high demand. That statue will never be in high demand because even though the number is limited to maybe 10-100k units, no one is going to be asking for one in 2 years. Just order the single disk if you really want it that bad, or just buy it through the digital marketplace so you can preload the game before midnight and start playing once 12am EST hits.

Funny you should say that, because for a while the transformers brand was going under inyill beast wars came along and made massive changes to transformers that revitalized the brand.

I’d say, regardless of the game quality, is it worth pre-ordering a game in 2015?

No. Stop pre ordering games. Every store has more than enough copies to go around on launch day. There is no need to pre order.

I think it’s best to just wait and see what happens to the game, and if the population drops like before, then theres your answer.

> 2535413961532622;8:
> No. Stop pre ordering games. Every store has more than enough copies to go around on launch day. There is no need to pre order.

But I want that exclusive bonus DLC.

> 2535471906694096;10:
> > 2535413961532622;8:
> > No. Stop pre ordering games. Every store has more than enough copies to go around on launch day. There is no need to pre order.
>
>
> But I want that exclusive bonus DLC.

It’s not exclusive. How do people still fall for this?

How about this. Wait until release for some third-party reviews. Couple reasons.

1. To make sure the game actually works.
  2. To make sure you’re going to enjoy the game.

I want to talk about the second reason, because at E3 and the months ahead, 343/Microsoft are only going to show you the shiniest parts of the game. The same goes for the beta. The final game could (and probably will) feel very different than what you experienced. What felt new and exciting might just turn out to be eh. You can’t judge the game by previous Halos or the H5 beta. Take the BF3 and BF4 betas for example. BF3’s ran sh*tty but the final game ran as smooth as could be. The opposite goes for BF4 (for beta and launch). Don’t get me wrong, I had a lot of fun with the H5 beta. Personally, I won’t buy the game until the price goes down if at all only because of split screen. That issue may not apply to you, but still don’t pre-order it.

1. Make sure you know what you’re paying for. Because you won’t until the game comes out

> 2535471906694096;10:
> > 2535413961532622;8:
> > No. Stop pre ordering games. Every store has more than enough copies to go around on launch day. There is no need to pre order.
>
>
> But I want that exclusive bonus DLC.

“Exclusive” DLC is a brain tumor for gaming, don’t promote such a malicious practice.

Honestly do what you want to do with YOUR money. -yoink- what ppl say about pre orders

> 2533274835305187;14:
> Honestly do what you want to do with YOUR money. -yoink- what ppl say about pre orders

Because it’s ok to screw over gaming for everyone else with you’re wallet! Yeah, those people who are passionate about bringing long lived, complete, and working games by release are just nostalgic, narcissistic jerks, who are only benefiting themselves!

> 2533274822366750;15:
> > 2533274835305187;14:
> > Honestly do what you want to do with YOUR money. -yoink- what ppl say about pre orders
>
>
> Because it’s ok to screw over gaming for everyone else with you’re wallet! Yeah, those people who are passionate about bringing long lived, complete, and working games by release are just nostalgic, narcissistic jerks, who are only benefiting themselves!

It doesn’t screw us over when someone else buys a broken game cause they went ahead and pre-ordered. All we can do is give good advice. It’s still their choice to listen or not and it’ll be their fault when they paid in advance for a product that doesn’t actually work. You can do what you want with your money, I’m just saying be smart with your money

> 2533274886246836;16:
> > 2533274822366750;15:
> > > 2533274835305187;14:
> > > Honestly do what you want to do with YOUR money. -yoink- what ppl say about pre orders
> >
> >
> >
> > Because it’s ok to screw over gaming for everyone else with you’re wallet! Yeah, those people who are passionate about bringing long lived, complete, and working games by release are just nostalgic, narcissistic jerks, who are only benefiting themselves!
>
>
> It doesn’t screw us over when someone else buys a broken game cause they went ahead and pre-ordered. All we can do is give good advice. It’s still their choice to listen or not and it’ll be their fault when they paid in advance for a product that doesn’t actually work. You can do what you want with your money, I’m just saying be smart with your money

And when the masses buy said broken game, it promotes the industry to make even more broken games. That’s not exactly being smart with you’re wallet.

> 2533274822366750;13:
> > 2535471906694096;10:
> > > 2535413961532622;8:
> > > No. Stop pre ordering games. Every store has more than enough copies to go around on launch day. There is no need to pre order.
> >
> >
> >
> > But I want that exclusive bonus DLC.
>
>
> “Exclusive” DLC is a brain tumor for gaming, don’t promote such a malicious practice.

But what if I really want it?

> 2535471906694096;18:
> > 2533274822366750;13:
> > > 2535471906694096;10:
> > > > 2535413961532622;8:
> > > > No. Stop pre ordering games. Every store has more than enough copies to go around on launch day. There is no need to pre order.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > But I want that exclusive bonus DLC.
> >
> >
> >
> > “Exclusive” DLC is a brain tumor for gaming, don’t promote such a malicious practice.
>
>
> But what if I really want it?

Don’t give in, I used to guilty of the same thing, but it’s NOT worth it, it will be released into the main game within a few months (most likely).

> 2533274822366750;17:
> > 2533274886246836;16:
> > > 2533274822366750;15:
> > > > 2533274835305187;14:
> > > > Honestly do what you want to do with YOUR money. -yoink- what ppl say about pre orders
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Because it’s ok to screw over gaming for everyone else with you’re wallet! Yeah, those people who are passionate about bringing long lived, complete, and working games by release are just nostalgic, narcissistic jerks, who are only benefiting themselves!
> >
> >
> >
> > It doesn’t screw us over when someone else buys a broken game cause they went ahead and pre-ordered. All we can do is give good advice. It’s still their choice to listen or not and it’ll be their fault when they paid in advance for a product that doesn’t actually work. You can do what you want with your money, I’m just saying be smart with your money
>
>
> And when the masses buy said broken game, it promotes the industry to make even more broken games. That’s not exactly being smart with you’re wallet.

That just leads to a lose-lose situation. The devs/publishers name and reputation go down and so do their sales (it’s already happening) and the consumer gets a broken product. I don’t see that as a situation 343 and Microsoft would realistically pursue. I just don’t trust 343. To me, they have not proven themselves capable or even adequate. If Halo 5 ends up being broken, or just bad (even running smoothly), it’ll be because of 343. It is not a logical business strategy to release a broken game. I won’t say Halo 5 won’t be broken, I’m just saying that it won’t be broken because the devs/publishers wanted it to be. Because if it is, they’ll pay the price. They would become a symbol for the rest of the industry of what not to do, and how you should loose money. There is no way that would cause the industry to follow. I won’t buy the game, because I don’t trust 343, and none of us should. But a broken Halo 5 won’t break the industry, just Halo. And some of your money could go to waste which is your fault if you pre-order