Is Halo 5 the worst online game for solo players?

I can’t think of any games that rival Halo 5 in this regard. There appears to be no party size considerations in matchmaking. Both arena and war zone are filled with full teams. The only real solo experience in matchmaking is FFA, which in itself is quite a stressful and frustrating experience given the pace of the game.

I can’t think of any shooter that favors pre-made groups to the extent that Halo 5 does, to the point where running solo is not enjoyable in the slightest.

Yes

> 2535464169630092;2:
> Yes

very few games take into consideration if another team is in a party. Halo 5 is just more team work focused so its more apparent. Im more of a team work player so I dont mind it though I can see why solo players may get annoyed. Hopefully once more social modes get released, the solo players will become stronger.

I don’t know, Halo 2 could also be pretty brutal playing solo.

Yup…playing solo slayer against Onyx teams on US servers from the UK is probably the most frustrating and futile gaming experience I have ever encountered.

Yes H5 is the worst Halo game for play solo. Sprint sucks

Yes. I don’t play H5 as often as I played the previous versions partly because solo play is not that great.

I am a solo gamer and you have to love FFA to love H5. I am loving the FFA of H5. Then I also play BTB and war zone on occasion as well.

I love Halo 5, but as a mostly solo player, it is pretty damn difficult to get in the right mood to play. I mostly stick to Warzone and give myself little challenges to do.

So h5s multiplayer is different than previous titles? Lol. Like one has already said, halo is s team game, of course you’ll get wrecked if you go solo from time to time. H5 isn’t any different than previous halos.

> 2533274923562209;11:
> So h5s multiplayer is different than previous titles? Lol. Like one has already said, halo is s team game, of course you’ll get wrecked if you go solo from time to time. H5 isn’t any different than previous halos.

You’re probably right, but I’m not just comparing it to other Halo titles.

Halo 5 solo is probably the most rage murder your Xbox ever.

> 2533275031834766;12:
> > 2533274923562209;11:
> > So h5s multiplayer is different than previous titles? Lol. Like one has already said, halo is s team game, of course you’ll get wrecked if you go solo from time to time. H5 isn’t any different than previous halos.
>
>
> You’re probably right, but I’m not just comparing it to other Halo titles.

except you cant compare it to other games when other games dont cater to team play. You could compare it to Siege which is a team orientated game which released with even less content than halo 5, and punishes players who go solo do to lack of communication. The difference though is that in siege most games people play with their mics on (atleast in my experiance) in halo players play without mics, why? I have no idea

> 2533274964259220;3:
> > 2535464169630092;2:
> > Yes

> 2533274840624875;14:
> > 2533275031834766;12:
> > > 2533274923562209;11:
> > > So h5s multiplayer is different than previous titles? Lol. Like one has already said, halo is s team game, of course you’ll get wrecked if you go solo from time to time. H5 isn’t any different than previous halos.
> >
> >
> > You’re probably right, but I’m not just comparing it to other Halo titles.
>
>
> except you cant compare it to other games when other games dont cater to team play. You could compare it to Siege which is a team orientated game which released with even less content than halo 5, and punishes players who go solo do to lack of communication. The difference though is that in siege most games people play with their mics on (atleast in my experiance) in halo players play without mics, why? I have no idea

Personally, I’m mainly comparing it to Black Ops 3, a game that is very enjoyable as a solo player (outside of being a very good game in general, much like Halo 5).

Any highly team-based game is going to be brutal online for people attempting to play it solo, especially at a high level.

This is in no way exclusive to Halo.

If you expect to queue solo at a relatively high CSR in a team-based mode and expect to do well, you’re doing it wrong.

Period.

People claimed that they wanted a high skill-cap, team-based shooter. They got it. And now they complain that highly-skilled and organized teams wreck them…

YES, especially considering I have about 2 friends with H5, one who doesn’t play multiplayer yet, and one who dislikes playing matchmaking.

> 2533274935834633;17:
> Any highly team-based game is going to be brutal online for people attempting to play it solo, especially at a high level.
>
> This is in no way exclusive to Halo.
>
> If you expect to queue solo at a relatively high CSR in a team-based mode and expect to do well, you’re doing it wrong.
>
> Period.

Do you not think that it is a concern for the longevity of the franchise that players who mainly play solo are turned off from the game? Would you not agree that it would be better for the franchise if there were options also for these players?

As a strictly solo player (until my friends can play) I don’t have problems other than the occasional match where my team just gets wrecked. Im fine with people having comunication advantage. The only way to combat it would be to make Halo a twitch shooter.