Is Halo 5 the worst Halo game?

Halo 5’s matchmaking is worse than any other Halo game in its current state. Now, I enjoy Halo 5 more than Reach and Halo 4 on a base level, but the matchmaking makes no sense. I barely play Halo 5 and for good reason. Every time I try to play it I get pinned against players who play this game non stop. I loaded up Halo 5 today and to no surprise it puts me in a game of a score 500-400 something.

I am level 11 with pretty much no REQs and just the base variants of the BR, SMG, and AR. At the start of this game I have 2 REQ energy. I am getting put against people that are SR81 and 10,000 kills with REQ snipers that one shot me to the foot. Because I only have 2 REQ energy, I have to wait just to use anything which comes down to Beam Rifles because that’s all I unlocked. Every enemy I see is using some variant weapon with a fancy name and aiming down sights in the back of the map. As a level 11 it’s absurd I have to play against FaZe/MLG kids who play this game non stop and have ALL the Legendary REQs. I just want to enjoy Halo 5 at a normal pace.

Skill based matchmaking is broken. There’s no reason I should be put in EXTREMELY laggy lobbies with players with a -Yoink- ton more experience than me. Yes, I said laggy. Despite dedicated servers it seems that the servers are mashing players of different regions or bad ping together simply due to
“skill”. Here’s the thing though. The skill algorithm this game uses is purely based on k/d (otherwise I wouldn’t play against such tryhards). I’m guessing this game is giving me matches based on K/D which is why I am put in horrible lobbies with everyone using instant kill REQs and I have NOTHING. I don’t even have a longshot BR or DMR and without a ranged gun I can barely even move about the map. I don’t mind playing against good players, but those players should be of similar rank to me and location. I should not be playing against people with 10-20 days played, half of that in Warzone, and every damn REQ in the game. I am also being put in very laggy lobbies because of it.

How to fix skill based matchmaking. Change the algorithm so players of similar win ratios and total wins play each other. The game should not put me in tryhard lobbies simply due to my k/d ratio. It should be more about experience which k/d does not properly reflect.

tl;dr I am level 11 getting put against join in progress lobbies with enemies averaging >10 days played and have all the legendary REQs and DMRs. Halo 5’s SBMM is the worst system I have seen in Halo history because it’s unfairly putting me against players with 50x my playtime.

Absolutely not. Halo 5 is great and really reminds of the old days playing classic halo with my friends.

Halo 5 multiplayer is awesome

Halo 5’s Campaign is so bad it’s shameful.

Your playing warzone, there is no limitations in who can be put into your game, its a social gamemode.

Again your playing warzone, ranked matches match you according to whatever rank you are placed in after the first 10 games. Now the initial placing seems to be a bit off but no it doesnt focus on K/D.

I always laugh at the term tryhard. People are playing to win, thats what happens when you have two teams go after a similar goal, all because people are trying to win does not mean they are try hards, they are just playing the game.

Now to answer your question that is your posts title, no halo 5 is not the worst, i personally think 4 was with reach coming a close second. $ just added to many things that were not well balanced when created. Gameplay wise i think halo 5 has one of the best and is the most balanced when it comes to weapon viability. Now this is not applying to warzone cause thats meant to be hectic and well imbalanced when it comes to weapon play. In arena all weapons have a niche they succeed in and a player who learns the abilities can create great moments. Does the game have some issues? ya, the EU servers or lack there of really hurt that part of the community and I hope they become fixed soon.

No! But its not for everyone. If someone doesn’t like Halo 5 then they can play MCC or just not play Halo at all and find some other shooter out there. Good Luck :grin:

No actually Time bandits on the NES was , no relation to the movie .

> 2533274804280158;5:
> No! But its not for everyone. If someone doesn’t like Halo 5 then they can play MCC or just not play Halo at all and find some other shooter out there. Good Luck :grin:

MCC is dead and broken. Let’s be honest it’s still got problems.

> 2533274840624875;4:
> Your playing warzone, there is no limitations in who can be put into your game, its a social gamemode.
>
> Again your playing warzone, ranked matches match you according to whatever rank you are placed in after the first 10 games. Now the initial placing seems to be a bit off but no it doesnt focus on K/D.
>
> I always laugh at the term tryhard. People are playing to win, thats what happens when you have two teams go after a similar goal, all because people are trying to win does not mean they are try hards, they are just playing the game.
>
> Now to answer your question that is your posts title, no halo 5 is not the worst, i personally think 4 was with reach coming a close second. $ just added to many things that were not well balanced when created. Gameplay wise i think halo 5 has one of the best and is the most balanced when it comes to weapon viability. Now this is not applying to warzone cause thats meant to be hectic and well imbalanced when it comes to weapon play. In arena all weapons have a niche they succeed in and a player who learns the abilities can create great moments. Does the game have some issues? ya, the EU servers or lack there of really hurt that part of the community and I hope they become fixed soon.

No, it’s not a social gamemode. I can tell it is specifically putting me against players of higher skill due to my k/d. There’s no other reason. It was very noticeable when it changed. The first match I was playing against complete idiots due to having no rank so it gave me an average rating. Once I got a high k/d it gave me a high rating and now I am playing against players with 50x my playtime. I provided a simple solution which is to change the matchmaking algorithm could simply be fixed into a more fair solution such as time played or win/loss ratio + total wins. What is wrong about anything I said?

> 2535441488042067;3:
> Halo 5 multiplayer is awesome
>
> Halo 5 Campaign in so bad it’s shameful.

I actually replayed the campaign with a friend and it’s not as bad as everyone says. The gameplay was fun and the story lacked, but it wasn’t an AWFUL story (in my opinion) but it wasn’t up to par with what we were lead to believe. With all the hate the campaign gets, we tend to get biased and some make it seem worse than it really is.

To answers your question OP, definitely no, halo 5 is awesome. If you play in arena, the matches should be more fair because it’s ranked and not social.

> 2533274943747719;8:
> > 2533274840624875;4:
> > Your playing warzone, there is no limitations in who can be put into your game, its a social gamemode.
> >
> > Again your playing warzone, ranked matches match you according to whatever rank you are placed in after the first 10 games. Now the initial placing seems to be a bit off but no it doesnt focus on K/D.
> >
> > I always laugh at the term tryhard. People are playing to win, thats what happens when you have two teams go after a similar goal, all because people are trying to win does not mean they are try hards, they are just playing the game.
> >
> > Now to answer your question that is your posts title, no halo 5 is not the worst, i personally think 4 was with reach coming a close second. $ just added to many things that were not well balanced when created. Gameplay wise i think halo 5 has one of the best and is the most balanced when it comes to weapon viability. Now this is not applying to warzone cause thats meant to be hectic and well imbalanced when it comes to weapon play. In arena all weapons have a niche they succeed in and a player who learns the abilities can create great moments. Does the game have some issues? ya, the EU servers or lack there of really hurt that part of the community and I hope they become fixed soon.
>
>
> No, it’s not a social gamemode. I can tell it is specifically putting me against players of higher skill due to my k/d. There’s no other reason. It was very noticeable when it changed. The first match I was playing against complete idiots due to having no rank so it gave me an average rating. Once I got a high k/d it gave me a high rating and now I am playing against players with 50x my playtime. I provided a simple solution which is to change the matchmaking algorithm could simply be fixed into a more fair solution such as time played or win/loss ratio + total wins. What is wrong about anything I said?

I have pretty decent/above average K/D, not the best but not terrible and I have always experianced this. Some games I have been matched against better players, other games I have played against terrible players. It IS a social gamemode, it does not take K/D into factor in anyway no matter how much you think it does. Some games you face better players some you face worse, thats what happens when you play in a mode with no restrictions in who can join the match.

Halo 5 is amazing. I love it

Lol no. And Matchmaking is worse? the matchmaking is so fast sometimes i dont even have time to take a quick piss before a match.

Apart from the visual presentation of the maps (too much human\UNSC design) H5 trumps the older ones in every way.

Worst campaign imo yes worst multiplayer idk it feels like 343 is acting like the covenant, imitative not innovative

I wouldn’t say it’s the worst Halo game, but it is the most bare bones one. The content is very limited compared to previous Halo entries, has a Campaign with little to no replay value, no Co-op PvE mode in Matchmaking, and seems to be just a money pit focused on getting Microsoft and 343 industries into competitive Pro Gaming along side CoD and other shooters. Looking at the content, everything seems more geared towards Pro, uber try hard gamers and less towards the casual, we just want to have fun player base that originally made Halo so popular. It’s very confusing considering how this game operates mostly on the computational cloud and, according to 343 pre-release, has access to more computational power than any Halo prior to 5.

However, in Halo 5 we have seen many, many steps backwards in terms of content. For example our Spartans’ armor. We can now only customize the helmet and armor as a whole, and pre-set emblems, instead of individual sections like each arm, each leg, torso and helmet as well as personalized emblems. From what I and many others have observed, Halo 5 has not been living up to its potential. If anything, it seems like it was purposely made with very little to offer. Despite it using all of this next gen tech, the cloud, etc. it is offering LESS than previous entries in the franchise. Compared to games like Halo 3 and Reach and Halo 4, all of which offered high levels of customization, diverse game types, game modes and maps and campaigns with replay value, all of which Halo 5 lacks drastically.

All in all, Halo 5 has been disappointing. So much was sacrificed in the name of tailoring the game to one purpose, catering to the MLG crowd and gouging players for cash with micro-transactions. Halo was never about MLG and it made its money in game sales. It was about fun, skill and, with the advent of Forge, creativity. Those are what made Halo great. In Halo 5, those have been lost. Unless this changes, I have little hope for Halo 6.

In terms of features and overall fun value it’s pretty dang close to being the worst. On a technical level, it’s the best we’ve got.

It unfortunately has the worst campaign in a mainline Halo game, however the multiplayer is a HUGE improvement over 4’s. I think 343 was pushed to release a tad bit sooner than they would have liked and that has lead to some of the games current problems. If 343 would listen a tad more to the community (more gametypes, social, some REQ system improvements, etc.) then they can definitely greatly improve this game. The foundation is there, now it’s just time to build on it… and for the love of god hire another writer for Halo 6.

Halo 4 is the worst halo game. But the reason everyone keeps complaining about the matchmaking skill discrepancy is because the population is so low.

4 was way worse. This game just needs more multiplayer variants.

> 2535455681930574;9:
> > 2535441488042067;3:
> > Halo 5 multiplayer is awesome
> >
> > Halo 5 Campaign in so bad it’s shameful.
>
>
> I actually replayed the campaign with a friend and it’s not as bad as everyone says. The gameplay was fun and the story lacked, but it wasn’t an AWFUL story (in my opinion) but it wasn’t up to par with what we were lead to believe. With all the hate the campaign gets, we tend to get biased and some make it seem worse than it really is.
>
> To answers your question OP, definitely no, halo 5 is awesome. If you play in arena, the matches should be more fair because it’s ranked and not social.

I disagree with you my fellow Spartan. The campaign in halo 5 is the worst in the series and has no place being considered a “halo game”. Every title to date (with the exceptions of reach & odst) was built upon a fun and exciting Campaign centered around the master chief. Halo 5 took a radical step in he wrong direction by implementing Osris & blue team along with a poorly paced story.

> 2535460843083983;15:
> In terms of features and overall fun value it’s pretty dang close to being the worst. On a technical level, it’s the best we’ve got.

Agreed and very well said. The mechanics and game play are some of the best in the series. It’s just this darn campaign holding Halo 5 back from greatness.