Is Halo 5 in its 'final' state?

We haven’t had a huge update in some time, aside from some nice playlist changes and community features in matchmaking. Most of the new stuff under the Community and News tabs on Waypoint is focused around Wars 2 and Halo E-Sports, which is fine. (Johnson is rocking the new suit pretty well). Given this, is it safe to say that Halo 5 is possibly in its “complete” state in terms of content?

If it is, I’m perfectly okay with it.

It’s had a pretty large slew of content added in since launch (the lump it leaves in anybody’s storage units shows this accurately). Weapons, map placement, and other sandbox tweaks have been endlessly fine-tuned. Forge is big and beautiful, and its incredible content creators equally so. Playlist settings and new gametypes experimented with to leave both Arena and Warzone relatively fresh.

Halo 5 still has a few issues to be snuffed out, sure. But for the most part, it’s come pretty far as an installment in the franchise. So if it is done, per se, alright. Here’s to hoping the next entry is just as ambitious and open to additions and feedback.

Well Halo 5 is nearing it’s end. However I think one update is in the working. At some point though we will have to accept that there will be no more updates.

> 2533274972430429;2:
> Well Halo 5 is nearing it’s end. However I think one update is in the working. At some point though we will have to accept that there will be no more updates.

Another update would be pretty neat. Again, if that’s it, that’s fine.

Well said OP, I’m pretty happy with the support this game has received and I’ve played enough to really feel like I got my monies worth and then some. I’m hoping for one more update, something to keep people playing for a bit longer.

Ultimately I would love to see a campaign expansion that uses the engine/assets, something ODST like that also has some other dazzling feature much the same way that ODST ushered in firefight… I know this is wishful thinking but it’ll be long time until we get Halo 6.

I haven’t been on Halo 5 for roughly about 4-5 days. With that being said, I need some type of reason to play Halo 5 when I get back. I usually play Ranked Arena, but a Scratched Achilles armor set would be nice…

I think the days of huge armor and REQ updates are done. We might get a small specialized armor pack, but that’s probably about it. The updates coming out will most likely be focused on playlists and game modes.

> 2533274972430429;2:
> Well Halo 5 is nearing it’s end. However I think one update is in the working. At some point though we will have to accept that there will be no more updates.

If I recall the last one might be at E3 as they there won’t be another Halo announced but some surprised.

Personally I would want one grand feature update that includes optimizations and forge fixes and additions.

Last update should go to just community stuff and adding a few more forge specific features to keep user driven content coming. There is still a few forge things I hope they add like camera shake (simulate the rattle that occurs when explosions go off), optimizations, and better Halo PC support as it is still super buggy in places.

I’m pretty sure it is. At this point 343 is just putting things in the “back-end” of things in Halo 5.

> 2535409489305717;7:
> > 2533274972430429;2:
> > Well Halo 5 is nearing it’s end. However I think one update is in the working. At some point though we will have to accept that there will be no more updates.
>
> If I recall the last one might be at E3 as they there won’t be another Halo announced but some surprised.

I wonder what it could be. A live action tv series perhaps?

Probably in it’s final state. I doubt there’ll be any major updates except the Scorpio update.

> 2533274972430429;10:
> > 2535409489305717;7:
> > > 2533274972430429;2:
> > > Well Halo 5 is nearing it’s end. However I think one update is in the working. At some point though we will have to accept that there will be no more updates.
> >
> > If I recall the last one might be at E3 as they there won’t be another Halo announced but some surprised.
>
> I wonder what it could be. A live action tv series perhaps?

Maybe but from what I heard it went silent. It might be some “great” halo 5 update for Scorpio or another free update of more reqs that people might never use.

> 2535409489305717;12:
> > 2533274972430429;10:
> > > 2535409489305717;7:
> > > > 2533274972430429;2:
> > > > Well Halo 5 is nearing it’s end. However I think one update is in the working. At some point though we will have to accept that there will be no more updates.
> > >
> > > If I recall the last one might be at E3 as they there won’t be another Halo announced but some surprised.
> >
> > I wonder what it could be. A live action tv series perhaps?
>
> Maybe but from what I heard it went silent. It might be some “great” halo 5 update for Scorpio or another free update of more reqs that people might never use.

I think the topic of the 10th anniversary of Halo 3 will definitely get talked about. Don’t know what they have prepared though.

Based on what they’ve said, Halo 6 looks like it’s coming out probably Winter 2018, and I expect them to support this game in the manner in which they have been for the last 3-4 months until it releases. I’d expect 1 MAYBE 2 “content updates” between now and Halo 6’s launch.

Lots of people have been waiting for one final content drop but as time goes by it becomes more doubtful

343 is focusing more on halo wars 2 than halo 5 at this point, however I can agree with everyone that one more update is probably in the workings.

343 seems to only really support one game at a time. Now that is halo wars. They will work on milking that one until their next game, but halo 5 while still being milked won’t get anymore updates like MCC halo 4 halo anni or halo reach. Doesn’t matter if the game needs fixes still, they just move on. Not always a bad thing. Halo 5 is in a good state I think.

> 2533274849645270;17:
> 343 seems to only really support one game at a time. Now that is halo wars. They will work on milking that one until their next game, but halo 5 while still being milked won’t get anymore updates like MCC halo 4 halo anni or halo reach. Doesn’t matter if the game needs fixes still, they just move on. Not always a bad thing. Halo 5 is in a good state I think.

Have to disagree seeing how we just got a hot fix today for H5 and they have said H5 will get another update sooner or later. While I don’t think it will be “major” but it will be something. We have already been getting pretty nice maps still as well.