Is Halo 5 going to be community orientated?

What Bungie did really well is creating a community for their game and letting them be creative with it. While Destiny was less than stellar it still has a large community that comes back every week and buys the new dlc. Is Halo 5 Guardians going to have a large active population or will it just cater to the casual group? What do you guys think about Halo 5? Is it going there going to be a game night every weekend or will it end up having the population of Halo 4?

I really hope 343 steps up the community side of things. Halo 3 did so well due to how Bungie involved the community and made each weekend worth while

> 2533274818439205;2:
> I really hope 343 steps up the community side of things. Halo 3 did so well due to how Bungie involved the community and made each weekend worth while

Exactly, each weekend had some new fun double experience point playlist. You better believe when Halloween rolled around I was pumped to play their Living Dead playlist. Plus towards the end of the Halo 3 double exp weekends they began taking people’s submissions of forge made maps to play in their community playlist where you got to play a mixture of Slayer and objective games on really cool community made maps. There was always something new and fun to do in Halo 3 which paired with a pretty good ranking system kept both casual and competitive players coming back for years and years. In my opinion those were the reasons why Halo 3 lasted so long after the initial hype died off.

Well, 343 have announced their plans to make H5 a sort of service, so that means a steady stream of new content in the form of REQs and variation in MP playlists through rotation. They’ve also not ruled out the possibility of adding in modes like Firefight, so it’s rather up in the air in terms of what they can do with H5.

BTW it can also be “oriented” rather than “orientated”. Saves time that way.

So far from what i see…no…they have said -Yoink- about…forge…gametype customization…fileshare/search…party systems,…nat restrictions…theater…community map playlists…they have said absolutely nothing on the subjects and it USED to piss me off…but now as it gets closer i just stopped caring because to me thats 343s motto…just stop caring…make it a once a year COD clone and you lost me and many players…havent preordered and this is the game that will make me decide if im just going to give up on halo

I’m pretty confident that 343i has some awesome community related stuff on the way :slight_smile:

Thank you! I’ve been saying this forever to my friends. That’s half of the problem with Halo 4 and MCC; 343 isn’t very active in the community and thus far they haven’t fostered a game environment that shows they even care.

They absolutely HAVE to nail the File Share this time and keep us satiated with community content, if only Forge maps in matchmaking like Reach.

I don’t want to defense 343i in any way. But we should also tell the truth. That’s not only up to 343i, but also up the Community/Playerbase itself. If Halo 5 is (commercial) success, also a good pack of Players which doesn’t act Toxic, like - you look at TMCC/Halo 4 Forums - the Chances are high that 343i will be much more Community oriented and also make events maybe. Mostly i’m very optimistic because for me it looks like, Halo 4 and TMCC were all stepladders for Halo 5. They look passionate to Halo 5… and besides of Splitscreen, everythings seems carefully thought out… so yeah, we will see…

> 2533274884478014;1:
> What Bungie did really well is creating a community for their game and letting them be creative with it. While Destiny was less than stellar it still has a large community that comes back every week and buys the new dlc. Is Halo 5 Guardians going to have a large active population or will it just cater to the casual group? What do you guys think about Halo 5? Is it going there going to be a game night every weekend or will it end up having the population of Halo 4?

How this was the case for an entire year is beyond me. For people to stick with it all throughout the year-long beta and then pay $40 to reap the fruits of their labor is just baffling to me.