Is Halo 5 a beta test for Halo 6?

Before I start this post I would like to clarify that this post will not be about criticising Halo 5 and the decisions 343i have made. Instead, it will be discussing whether or not Halo 5 has been a somewhat beta test for 343i to make Halo 6 the perfect Halo game.

As we know, a lot of the decisions made with Halo 5 have been received in different ways by the community. Whether this be with the Req system, armour abilities, different maps and gamemodes etc. These sorts of changes seem to have been a lot more drastic in the development of Halo 5 in comparison to how they were in Halo 4. By this, I mean that 343i seem to be a lot more focused on shaping Halo in a different way with Halo 5 than with Halo 4.

This made me wonder if Halo 5 has been used, in a way, as a beta test for Halo 6. As Halo 5 has been the first Halo on next gen that wasn’t just a port of last gen games, it has been a way for the developers to see what can be pulled off with the system’s new capabilities. Whilst doing this, I wonder if they have tried to see how the community has reacted to different changes and using this, will attempt to make Halo 6 the perfect rounded Halo game that everybody can be satisfied with.

Feel free to leave thoughts below, this is just something I was thinking about and decided it could be a good post topic.
TL;DR: do you think Halo 5s changes and additions have been somewhat of a beta test for Halo 6?

In a way, I suppose you could say it is, though, if that’s the case, you could pretty much call every predecessor a beta for the next.

> 2533274830929412;1:
> Before I start this post I would like to clarify that this post will not be about criticising Halo 5 and the decisions 343i have made. Instead, it will be discussing whether or not Halo 5 has been a somewhat beta test for 343i to make Halo 6 the perfect Halo game.
>
> As we know, a lot of the decisions made with Halo 5 have been received in different ways by the community. Whether this be with the Req system, armour abilities, different maps and gamemodes etc. These sorts of changes seem to have been a lot more drastic in the development of Halo 5 in comparison to how they were in Halo 4. By this, I mean that 343i seem to be a lot more focused on shaping Halo in a different way with Halo 5 than with Halo 4.
>
> This made me wonder if Halo 5 has been used, in a way, as a beta test for Halo 6. As Halo 5 has been the first Halo on next gen that wasn’t just a port of last gen games, it has been a way for the developers to see what can be pulled off with the system’s new capabilities. Whilst doing this, I wonder if they have tried to see how the community has reacted to different changes and using this, will attempt to make Halo 6 the perfect rounded Halo game that everybody can be satisfied with.
>
> Feel free to leave thoughts below, this is just something I was thinking about and decided it could be a good post topic.
> TL;DR: do you think Halo 5s changes and additions have been somewhat of a beta test for Halo 6?

Yes. Pretty much. Let’s just hope 343 thinks of it that way too.

I don’t know. Every Halo has been different from the last so I don’t see why it would be.

> 2535437652903765;2:
> In a way, I suppose you could say it is, though, if that’s the case, you could pretty much call every predecessor a beta for the next.

True, it’s definitely a good way to improve the next game of a series, providing it has an active community.

> 2535445555605570;3:
> > 2533274830929412;1:
> > Before I start this post I would like to clarify that this post will not be about criticising Halo 5 and the decisions 343i have made. Instead, it will be discussing whether or not Halo 5 has been a somewhat beta test for 343i to make Halo 6 the perfect Halo game.
> >
> > As we know, a lot of the decisions made with Halo 5 have been received in different ways by the community. Whether this be with the Req system, armour abilities, different maps and gamemodes etc. These sorts of changes seem to have been a lot more drastic in the development of Halo 5 in comparison to how they were in Halo 4. By this, I mean that 343i seem to be a lot more focused on shaping Halo in a different way with Halo 5 than with Halo 4.
> >
> > This made me wonder if Halo 5 has been used, in a way, as a beta test for Halo 6. As Halo 5 has been the first Halo on next gen that wasn’t just a port of last gen games, it has been a way for the developers to see what can be pulled off with the system’s new capabilities. Whilst doing this, I wonder if they have tried to see how the community has reacted to different changes and using this, will attempt to make Halo 6 the perfect rounded Halo game that everybody can be satisfied with.
> >
> > Feel free to leave thoughts below, this is just something I was thinking about and decided it could be a good post topic.
> > TL;DR: do you think Halo 5s changes and additions have been somewhat of a beta test for Halo 6?
>
>
> Yes. Pretty much. Let’s just hope 343 thinks of it that way too.

Hopefully, just a concern that they might not take into account the criticisms that people give.

> 2535457681377273;4:
> I don’t know. Every Halo has been different from the last so I don’t see why it would be.

Debatable, not to mention there will be similarities between the current game and the next and the things that receive good feedback will most likely remain in the next installment.

> 2533274830929412;5:
> > 2535437652903765;2:
> > In a way, I suppose you could say it is, though, if that’s the case, you could pretty much call every predecessor a beta for the next.
>
>
> True, it’s definitely a good way to improve the next game of a series, providing it has an active community.

Hopefully 343 will have learned from Halo 5, and makes Halo 6 the best game so far, though I’m not sure how much I trust them with doing that.

A pretty expensive beta then if you ask me.

Pretty much. A beta that has most people hate a lot in Halo 5

It’s been done before, and recently, too. It would make sense if it was, in a way, a trial of different concepts that would make it into a future title. DICE EA did that with BF4’s Dragon’s Teeth DLC and BFH. If it is, then Halo 6 had better do what H5 did, but waaaaay better. Otherwise, many people won’t like it.

This is a really elaborate beta then.

You make no sense.

> 2533274879657715;11:
> It’s been done before, and recently, too. It would make sense if it was, in a way, a trial of different concepts that would make it into a future title. DICE EA did that with BF4’s Dragon’s Teeth DLC and BFH. If it is, then Halo 6 had better do what H5 did, but waaaaay better. Otherwise, many people won’t like it.

That is my point, the changes and ideas that have been implemented into Halo 5 could be a test for how the community wants Halo 6.

> 2535410755618980;13:
> You make no sense.

Judging by the replies made by other people, I’m not talking complete and utter nonsense. Not to mention this is only a concept I’m putting forward I’m not saying this is exactly what Halo 5 is.

I wouldn’t call it a beta. More like an experiment for Halo 6 or any xbox one halo engine fps games

Every game in a series should provide a number of lessons learned to the developer, that they can incorporate into the sequels going forward… I see what you mean, but that doesn’t really make the game a “beta” though.

Techincally speaking, I wouldn’t classify Halo 5 as a beta test for Halo 6. Now maybe in the near future with Halo Wars 2/Halo 3 Anniversary(if that happens, but I suspect it will), one of those 2 games could possibly feature a Halo 6 beta in it, but overall, I don’t think Halo 5 is a beta for 6 IMO.