is halo 4'S ranking system going to be like reachs?

the multiplayer in reach disgusted me when i felt like i was playing call of duty instead of halo.

1. no more ranked on how good you are. now when i face highest ranks its just a no lifer that probably sucks really bad. in halo 3 a lvl 50 would immediately destroy everyone.
    halo 3 made me good at halo becasue i was tired of being a low rank now i have nothing to achieve but armor that looks like everyone else oh joy.
    anyone elses thoughts?

> 1. no more ranked on how good you are. now when i face highest ranks its just a no lifer that probably sucks really bad. in halo 3 a lvl 50 would immediately destroy everyone.

You don’t need visible TrueSkill ranks to have accurate TrueSkill matching.

This is the matchmaking forum. It is only relevant to current titles. Halo 4 information goes to the Halo 4 forum.

> > 1. no more ranked on how good you are. now when i face highest ranks its just a no lifer that probably sucks really bad. in halo 3 a lvl 50 would immediately destroy everyone.
>
> You don’t need visible TrueSkill ranks to have accurate TrueSkill matching.

That’s true. Thanks for stating the obvious.

1-50 was more than just “visible TrueSkill”. It showed you how good you were compared to other people. That’s what people want (and accurate matching, of course).

> This is the matchmaking forum. It is only relevant to current titles. Halo 4 information goes to the Halo 4 forum.

Last time I checked you don’t have “Superintendent” under your avatar. Let the mods do their job. If you can’t contribute anything to the topic at hand, then don’t post.

Wannabe mods these days…

> Thanks for stating the obvious.

You’d be surprised how many people miss the obvious.

> 1-50 was more than just “visible TrueSkill”. It showed you how good you were compared to other people. That’s what people want (and accurate matching, of course).

Arena.

> > This is the matchmaking forum. It is only relevant to current titles. Halo 4 information goes to the Halo 4 forum.
>
> Last time I checked you don’t have “Superintendent” under your avatar. Let the mods do their job. If you can’t contribute anything to the topic at hand, then don’t post.
>
> Wannabe mods these days…

Last time I checked derailing the section of the website with off topic threads is detrimental to getting anything accomplished by the community.

You know this is not the section for such threads so why bump it by responding to it? Keeping the thread alive is the opposite of what should be done in this instance and I am simply telling the OP that this is the wrong place. Not only am I doing the Matchmaking section a favor by advising him to not post it here but I am doing the OP a favor by directing him to where he will get a better discussion regarding his concerns.

How bout you don’t tell me what to do and be a productive individual yourself?

> > Thanks for stating the obvious.
>
> You’d be surprised how many people miss the obvious.
>
>
>
> > 1-50 was more than just “visible TrueSkill”. It showed you how good you were compared to other people. That’s what people want (and accurate matching, of course).
>
> Arena.

About Arena:

• Terrible maps
  • Terrible game-types
  • Flawed for the first half of it’s life (based on individual statistics, not W/L)
  • Due to the above, hardly anyone plays it.

> About Arena:
>
> - Terrible maps
> - Terrible game-types
> - Flawed for the first half of it’s life (based on individual statistics, not W/L)
> - Due to the above, hardly anyone plays it.

Two of those three aren’t the fault of the Arena System. They contributed to it’s overall failure though.

It’s also players own ignorance. They still think it’s based off the Ranking System and not W/L.