is Halo 4 the best halo game?

Halo 4 while having a few problems early on. With the constant updates and map packs I believe that it could be now the best halo game.

• A choice between halo 3 style gameplay (legendary slayer) and infinity slayer
  • A choice between 2 very different styles of flood gameplay (hivemind and normal)
  • Some amazing maps like haven, perdition and outcast
  • Regicide and dominion
  • Weapons are now balanced to perfection
  • spartan ops provides some very fun levels
  • A campaign with an amazing finish
  • The best graphics

0/10

If it were good then I’d have played it as long as I did past halos. If it were the best then I’d still be playing.

not in the slightest

That’s a negative, Ghost Rider.

But I still respect your opinion.

> 0/10
>
> If it were good then I’d have played it as long as I did past halos. If it were the best then I’d still be playing.

Legendary slayer is almost a copy of halo 3 style slayer

Halo 4 is a great game with amazing potential and I really appreciate the constant updates however I don’t believe it lives up to the standards of Halo 2 and 3. The biggest problems for me are the maps. The majority of the maps are trash and the best maps are DLC which is arguably not worth buying seeing as the maps rarely come up in matchmaking.

> - A choice between halo 3 style gameplay (legendary slayer) and infinity slayer

Arguable. There is no descope and sprint is a thing. The only classic aspect is the loadout and Shutout. Would be much better if maps like Solace were removed and replaced with remakes.

> - A choice between 2 very different styles of flood gameplay (hivemind and normal)

I played Hivemind for the first time a few days back and loved it. The reason I hadn’t played it earlier was because of the crappy gameplay Flood offered. Flood should just be removed and replaced with a Halo Reach styled Infection mode.

> - Some amazing maps like haven, perdition and outcast

I love Haven, Skyline, Monolith and Perdition as stated however the best maps are DLC which is rare to see in matchmaking.

> - Regicide and dominion

Regicide is a just stupid, however I enjoy it. I enjoy it up to the point where someone beats me with 18 kills when I have about 25. Dominion is a nice concept but doesn’t work on the current maps well par Exile and Longbow. Its just a camp fest. Would be much better with some community maps.

> Weapons are now balanced to perfection

We can still spawn with 3 Sticky grenades and Active Camo. The weapons should have been balanced from the start to be honest. I love the idea of loadouts but they need to be fixed.

> spartan ops provides some very fun levels

Agreed however I know the majority will disagree. Many people didn’t enjoy Spartan Ops.

> A campaign with an amazing finish

The campaign was brilliant but the ending was terrible xD

> The best graphics

The graphics look better than those shown on the new consoles xD

> > 0/10
> >
> > If it were good then I’d have played it as long as I did past halos. If it were the best then I’d still be playing.
>
> Legendary slayer is almost a copy of halo 3 style slayer

With sprint, AR starts, no magnum secondary, flinch instead of descope, only 5 maps in the rotation, 8 months after launch and 4 months after it was originally promised

> Halo 4 is a great game with amazing potential and I really appreciate the constant updates however I don’t believe it lives up to the standards of Halo 2 and 3. The biggest problems for me are the maps. The majority of the maps are trash and the best maps are DLC which is arguably not worth buying seeing as the maps rarely come up in matchmaking.
>
>
>
>
>
> > Weapons are now balanced to perfection
>
>
> We can still spawn with 3 Sticky grenades and Active Camo. The weapons should have been balanced from the start to be honest. I love the idea of loadouts but they need to be fixed.

Jut get rid of Abandon and it would be a lot better

In Big team stickys are a bit over powered probably won’t be able to fix it until the next halo though.

It is one of the best in my opinion but Halo 2 were the most fun game in the series.

Dude… Halo Wars and ODST were so much better and statistically more popular. Duh.

Kidding, but I don’t know if I’d call it the best. The updates to it, however, give me tons of hope for Halo 5/Halo Xbox One/Halo: Tatooine/Whatever.

This is completely opinion based, so Halo 4 cannot really be called the best Halo game ever.

I mean, in my opinion, Reach is the best Halo game.

Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from making nonconstructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> I mean, in my opinion, Reach is the best Halo game.

-vomits-

> > I mean, in my opinion, Reach is the best Halo game.
>
> -vomits-

You might wanna clean up a bit.

And now tell me, why did you do that?

The fact that I don’t have to buy new maps to play big team makes it better to me than Halo 3 (though I bought the LE). No armor lock makes it better than Reach. I don’t understand why everyone whines so much. If everything was the same as Halo 2 the game would get so boring. Even CoD has evolved slightly. I love sprint, especially the option for it to be unlimited. 343 has been on the ball with game updates. Besides some of the goofy helmets I think Halo 4 is the best so far.

I could probably pull down your points fairly easily but it’s all been said and done before and we’ve all moved on from it.

So no, I think Halo 4 is probably the worst Halo I’ve ever played. Obviously that’s just me.

I figure if I can manage to play Halo 3/ODST and even Reach for hours on end without getting bored but somehow can’t after one game of Halo 4 then there’s something seriously wrong with it.

It all depends in preference, CE is my favorite as I think it’s the most well built game in the series and delivers in every aspect, but Halo 4 is a close second, I love Halo 4, the campaign is just beautiful, storywise and astetically, SpOps is fun, could be better, and it’s the only multiplayer I’ve enjoyed since CE

I do like halo 4 but its not the best halo I do like spartan ops and I thought the campaign was great.

nope

> 0/10
>
> If it were good then I’d have played it as long as I did past halos. If it were the best then I’d still be playing.

Atleast 7/10, as 0/10 would have been spawning with rockets in the loadouts, and a terrible Campaign.

> > > I mean, in my opinion, Reach is the best Halo game.
> >
> > -vomits-
>
> You might wanna clean up a bit.
>
> And now tell me, why did you do that?

-Bloom
-Lack of bleedthrough
-Sword block
-Armor Lock
-Jetpack
-Camo