Is halo 4 really worth that much???

why do we pay more for your game 343?

i know that games are usualy cheaper in the states, but what i cant understand is this…

How is it possible to have Halo 4 on demand for $60 difference, from two very developed but different countries???

What i want to know is; are US developers ripping off overseas customers?

im not being a -Yoink- i just want to know if it costs 343 an extra $60 per digital copy to say “halo 4 is now available on the aussie xbox marketplace for a low low $99.99” does it really cost them that much? or did i miss something?

i know alot of the community here are from AUS and you know what i mean, so can you help me understand why microsoft and 343 hate us that much?

i know about taxes and stuff…but seriously…$60

Halo 4 AUS xbox marketplace
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-AU/Product/Halo-4/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530919?NoSplash=1

Halo 4 USA xbox marketplace
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Halo-4/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530919?NoSplash=1

> why do we pay more for your game 343?
>
> i know that games are usualy cheaper in the states, but what i cant understand is this…
>
> How is it possible to have Halo 4 on demand for $60 difference, from two very developed but different countries???
>
> What i want to know is; are US developers ripping off overseas customers?
>
> im not being a Yoink! i just want to know if it costs 343 an extra $60 per digital copy to say “halo 4 is now available on the aussie xbox marketplace for a low low $99.99” does it really cost them that much? or did i miss something?
>
> i know alot of the community here are from AUS and you know what i mean, so can you help me understand why microsoft and 343 hate us that much?
>
> i know about taxes and stuff…but seriously…$60
>
> Halo 4 AUS xbox marketplace
> http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-AU/Product/Halo-4/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530919?NoSplash=1
>
> Halo 4 USA xbox marketplace
> http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Halo-4/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530919?NoSplash=1

Is it just Halo that markets their products for $100? Or even anything more than it is compared to the US price?

Edit: I’m not sure if it’s 343i that has a part to play in this…I think Microsoft is the company that generally lists the prices. I could be very wrong.

> Is it just Halo that markets their products for $100? Or even anything more than it is compared to the US price?
>
> Edit: I’m not sure if it’s 343i that has a part to play in this…I think Microsoft is the company that generally lists the prices. I could be very wrong.

well of the games ive seen on demand, halo 4 has the biggest difference by far. i mean $60 is enough to buy it, after you spent $40 buying it in the US, plus the DLC. By then youve only bought the game in AUS.

Digital downloads are taxed in Aus

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

It’s your taxes, blame your country.

Majority of stuff in Australia thats from other countires, usually cost more.

The hard copy should be alot cheaper then the digital one.

>

And tariffs. Same source of blame.

It goes for 39.99 in retail-stores in Cali.

I wouldn’t even pay $40 for this crap game…

thats obviously some sort of bug like that demo or add on that costed 1 billion microsoft points

The game dropped to 30 bucks on Amazon for a fresh copy.

> I wouldn’t even pay $40 for this crap game…

good cause looking at your history stats; it looks like you already payed $60 hahaha

I have an idea: Just fly to the US and buy all the games you want, then leave!

But seriously though, if prices really are bumped up that high in Australia, it might really be cheaper to do that than just buying them there.

> thats obviously some sort of bug like that demo or add on that costed 1 billion microsoft points

I guarantee its not a bug. we get screwed over big time in Australia for everything we buy. idk why. but im so sick of paying ridiculous prices for the same stuff americans pay next to nothing for.

I have thought of going to the states and just buying everything i ever wanted, for cheap. but you gat taxed LIKE HELL when you come back to AUS and plus its all REGION LOCKED.

Also halo 3 is still $50 on demand as opposed to the $20 on the American marketplace.

Im contemplating making a US xbox account and buying all my games through that coz games arent locked to gamertag, only console. every aussie should do that and screw over the Australian Govt for being such -Yoink!-