Is Halo 3 Stat Tracking coming back?

I was looking at my profile out of boredom and just noticed that I can finally view some basic Halo 3 stats. Does this mean that the Halo 3 stats are going to start being tracked again due to the “games with gold” launch that Halo 3 is getting in a few days?

:)! It looks like it. There’s a way to view service record… Hoping they put it back up…

On A more serious note, I’ve put almost 64 days into h3 matchmaking… I’m disappointed in myself.

Halo Waypoint has had very basic Halo 3 stat tracking for a while now. This is nothing new.

> Halo Waypoint has had very basic Halo 3 stat tracking for a while now. This is nothing new.

Only through the “Waypoint Career” section of the player stats. Now Halo 3 has its own definitive section for stats like Reach and 4. So yes, this is something new to Waypoint.

Woah you’re right. iirc 343 said that they didn’t have much control over Halo 3 due to how the legacy transfer-thing worked (it was in a Halo Bulletin) so unless 343 dos something tomorrow for when H3 is free that’d be amazing.

I wish they’d have more detailed stats. I miss knowing what my updated stats are. All I have to go off of is from bungie.net and that is old.

The only link I could find on this website is: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/***/halo3

Insert player name instead of ***

While on the topic, I found an old link to halo.bungie.net H3 stats on my computer. Not sure if it works for all, but try visiting (http:/halo.bungie.net/stats/halo3/default.aspx?player=***).

It was a blast from the past. What was especially nice for me was the screenshot I chose to populate the top of the page.

That, 343, has some cool ideas that I think would be a nice addition to Halo 5’s Waypoint career page. The customization, personalized screenshot, pie-chart style metrics especially…

> > Halo Waypoint has had very basic Halo 3 stat tracking for a while now. This is nothing new.
>
> Only through the “Waypoint Career” section of the player stats. Now Halo 3 has its own definitive section for stats like Reach and 4. So yes, this is something new to Waypoint.

I noticed the drop down box on the website about a month ago.

Whoa! I’m on here everyday and I’ve never noticed that before. Thanks!

Whoa, no way, I’ve never seen this before!

It would be pretty awesome if the new Halo 3 stats page could show off our old Halo 3 Spartan. What are the chances of that happening? Pretty slim?

> > > Halo Waypoint has had very basic Halo 3 stat tracking for a while now. This is nothing new.
> >
> > Only through the “Waypoint Career” section of the player stats. Now Halo 3 has its own definitive section for stats like Reach and 4. So yes, this is something new to Waypoint.
>
> I noticed the drop down box on the website about a month ago.

Which is still relatively new to Waypoint seeing as the site has not had that section of stats until 3 years after the website being up, if I remember correctly.

> It would be pretty awesome if the new Halo 3 stats page could show off our old Halo 3 Spartan. What are the chances of that happening? Pretty slim?

Not going to happen.

> > > > Halo Waypoint has had very basic Halo 3 stat tracking for a while now. This is nothing new.
> > >
> > > Only through the “Waypoint Career” section of the player stats. Now Halo 3 has its own definitive section for stats like Reach and 4. So yes, this is something new to Waypoint.
> >
> > I noticed the drop down box on the website about a month ago.
>
> Which is still relatively new to Waypoint seeing as the site has not had that section of stats until 3 years after the website being up, if I remember correctly.

Pretty sure it did have Halo 3/ODST stats when it first started, since it was first released November 5th 2009 (same time as the Fall XBL update) and Halo Reach wasn’t released until September 2010.

> > > > > Halo Waypoint has had very basic Halo 3 stat tracking for a while now. This is nothing new.
> > > >
> > > > Only through the “Waypoint Career” section of the player stats. Now Halo 3 has its own definitive section for stats like Reach and 4. So yes, this is something new to Waypoint.
> > >
> > > I noticed the drop down box on the website about a month ago.
> >
> > Which is still relatively new to Waypoint seeing as the site has not had that section of stats until 3 years after the website being up, if I remember correctly.
>
> Pretty sure it did have Halo 3/ODST stats when it first started, since it was first released November 5th 2009 (same time as the Fall XBL update) and Halo Reach wasn’t released until September 2010.

I was a Bungie(dot)net user until Halo made the complete shift from Bungie to 343 so I never got to witness the ODST section of stats that this website had. But it doesn’t make sense as to why 343 would get rid of those drop down boxes for games that are still supported on XBL. It’s unfortunate that we cannot have our full stats for every XBL supported Halo game but I’ll just have to live with that. Good to see that Halo 3 at least made a return though.

I just started playing H3 Multiplayer for the first time, but I’m surprised to see there’s no stat tracking (anymore) at all (well yeah there’s the one page, but it’s not much…).
I won’t let it chase me away from H3 (and certainly not towards H4 which has awesome stat tracking (but otherwise just doesn’t cut it), just like Reach and the old H3 stats on Bungie.net), but I am pretty disappointed. I agree that a decent level of stat tracking is to be expected from any serious XBL multiplayer game. It’s shame to see it this afwul in one of the greatest XBL games of all time. And we Yoinking deserve it, for paying H3 and constant XBox Live memberships…