Is H5 MP Hitscan or Projectile?

Is there confirmation on this yet?

Nope.

There is almost no confirmation on most things buddy :stuck_out_tongue: We have some time before we get any real news other than:

Next Generation Arena Matchmaking
60fps
1080p
New Spartan Abilities
Beta in December

Thank you guys.

what is hitscan and projectile?

Hitscan: Aim on target, pull the trigger, you connect. No bullet physics.

Example: Halo 2

Projectile: Aim at target relevant to their position. May need to “lead” your shot or account for some bullet drop. Bullet/projectile physics or simulation.

Example: Halo 3

I like hitscan, as it makes the game really fast paced and exciting. Projectile is cool because in some people’s opinion it increases the difficulty of connecting with the target. I don’t think it really matters in the end, because both games were played at very high levels. I think I prefer hitscan because I liked Halo 2’s feel better. Games like counter strike use a sort of hit-scan too and they are very competitive.

I guess it’ll be like in h4, depending on which weapon you use.

I’m a BTB player, because I enjoy vehicles. I hope we get Projectile Only. I’m tired of most encounters being decided at ten miles. I’m tired of headglitchers dmr/br’ing me across the map from behind rocks.

I hope that Halo 5 makes the switch back to projectile weaponry. It adds an element of skill, having to lead your target. This system didn’t really work well with Halo 3, since it used netcode, but since Halo 5 will have dedicated servers, projectile should work much better.

I hope it’s hitscan. So much better!

No word yet. But I hope we get projectile physics again. It can balance ranged combat and help the covie weapons out as well.

No word on that mate.
Hopefully, its hit scan.

I really hope it’s hitscan

There hasn’t been any word on this yet, but I can say with about 98% certainty that both projectiles and hitscan will be in Halo 5. The real question is: which weapons will be hitscan and which ones will use projectiles?

Edit: The only way I’m wrong is if all weapons use projectile physics. It would be completely absurd to have hitscan Rocket Launchers.

> There hasn’t been any word on this yet, but I can say with about 98% certainty that both projectiles and hitscan will be in Halo 5. The real question is: which weapons will be hitscan and which ones will use projectiles?
>
> Edit: The only way I’m wrong is if all weapons use projectile physics. It would be completely absurd to have hitscan Rocket Launchers.

I think we can safely assume he was asking specifically about weapons that fire bullets. I’m imagining hit scan plasma grenades right now.

Hitscan could apply to laser weaponry, like the Spartan laser – Why lead something when you wield a weapon that fires at the speed of light?

I could also see it working for MAC-style weaponry like the Gauss or Railgun. They might not move at light speed, but the projectile moves so fast that it could be a moot point for multiplayer.

> I hope that Halo 5 makes the switch back to projectile weaponry. It adds an element of skill, having to lead your target. This system didn’t really work well with Halo 3, since it used netcode, but since Halo 5 will have dedicated servers, projectile should work much better.

Agreed. Projectile was a lot more fun as it adds a level of predicting how far ahead you need to shoot to connect your shots.

It seems like there is a pretty big split between hitscan and projectile among this thread.

I hope precisions are hitscan, personally.

I can agree that weapons like the Spartan Laser and Sniper Rifle should be hitscan, it helps them at their function.

I don’t want the BR and DMR, or any other Utility/Precision weapons to be hitscan. We don’t need cross-mapping in our common weapons, it dumbs down gameplay and reduces skilled encounters.

With dedicated servers and better netcode, projectile weapons will be far more reliable than they were in older games. You won’t notice a difference in close-to-mid range between a projectile or hitscan BR, it’d only effect longer ranges. That means the only things that need hitscan are those things meant to snipe across huge distances.

I’d prefer projectile over hit-scan.