is ground pounding as bad as we think?

Ground pounding in Halo 5 doesnt seem to be used and it doesnt seem effective to use ALL the time. It is a direct hit hill NOTHING else unless you hit close then it is shield damage. Why are people wanting this takin out? It is multi-purpose. You could use it to defend - if you dont get shot down while trying - you could retreat by ground pounding off the building in Empire. Or camp and wait your next victim. { horible examples i know…point is } Ground pounding isnt like people think like in destiny this HUGE radius, it is only direct hit.

Is ground pounding as bad as we think?

Yes, because now the entire weapons sandbox (yes, including the vehicles) will have to be balanced around this new mechanic. And if it isn’t balanced? Then it becomes completely broken.

> 2533274881015020;2:
> “Is ground pounding as bad as we think?
>
> Yes, because now the entire weapons sandbox (yes, including the vehicles) will have to be balanced around this new mechanic. And if it isn’t balanced? Then it becomes completely broken.

And if it is balanced, then its not broken?

I mean, using your logic anything new is therefore bad because it effects balance and could go wrong.

> 2533274964189700;3:
> > 2533274881015020;2:
> > “Is ground pounding as bad as we think?
> >
> > Yes, because now the entire weapons sandbox (yes, including the vehicles) will have to be balanced around this new mechanic. And if it isn’t balanced? Then it becomes completely broken.
>
>
> And if it is balanced, then its not broken?
>
> I mean, using your logic anything new is therefore bad because it effects balance and could go wrong.

No, you’re assuming that I said anything new is inherently bad. It can always, however, affect balance. This is a crucial component to design.

> 2533274881015020;4:
> > 2533274964189700;3:
> > > 2533274881015020;2:
> > > “Is ground pounding as bad as we think?
> > >
> > > Yes, because now the entire weapons sandbox (yes, including the vehicles) will have to be balanced around this new mechanic. And if it isn’t balanced? Then it becomes completely broken.
> >
> >
> >
> > And if it is balanced, then its not broken?
> >
> > I mean, using your logic anything new is therefore bad because it effects balance and could go wrong.
>
>
> No, you’re assuming that I said anything new is inherently bad. It can always, however, affect balance. This is a crucial component to design.

But you’re criteria for why it’s bad could be extended to any new mechanic ever. I agree the balancing of it against other mechanics of the sandbox is a fundamental part of design. I just fail to see how that means its bad.

Greenskull could be deliberately going out of his way to not use it for all we know. A few videos from one guy isn’t a good way to gauge how frequently the ability will be (or can be) used.

I remain skeptical.

> 2533274964189700;5:
> > 2533274881015020;4:
> > > 2533274964189700;3:
> > > > 2533274881015020;2:
> > > > “Is ground pounding as bad as we think?
> > > >
> > > > Yes, because now the entire weapons sandbox (yes, including the vehicles) will have to be balanced around this new mechanic. And if it isn’t balanced? Then it becomes completely broken.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > And if it is balanced, then its not broken?
> > >
> > > I mean, using your logic anything new is therefore bad because it effects balance and could go wrong.
> >
> >
> >
> > No, you’re assuming that I said anything new is inherently bad. It can always, however, affect balance. This is a crucial component to design.
>
>
> But you’re criteria for why it’s bad could be extended to any new mechanic ever. I agree the balancing of it against other mechanics of the sandbox is a fundamental part of design. I just fail to see how that means its bad.

Again, you’re extrapolating that I said new mechanics are bad. Badly implemented and unbalanced mechanics are bad.

Can we just wait to play the beta to find out for ourselves? I know people have already had the opportunity to test it, but when it goes live we can actually have hands on experience with the stuff.

> 2533274912984822;8:
> Can we just wait to play the beta to find out for ourselves? I know people have already had the opportunity to test it, but when it goes live we can actually have hands on experience with the stuff.

Allow me to copypaste:

> 2533274881015020;22:
> We don’t have just one or two videos of Halo 5’s gameplay to adequately judge it objectively. The pool of footage that we can judge its gameplay - and most if not all of its elements - numbers in the hundreds.
>
> Saying that we can’t accurately judge a variation of a game that we have been playing for years based on the footage of a sequel which has the same base elements of its gameplay as its predecessors is a really passive-aggressive attempt at trying to prevent discussion and the critical analysis of a sequel and its mechanics.
>
> It’s ridiculous that users are bullying others into accepting the spurious belief that no one is allowed to think differently or consider the footage of Halo 5 as proof enough of what it’s going to be like. Every time I’ve seen anyone bring up a good point about Halo 5 has been met with stiff opposition in the form of a fallacy that we can’t judge a game’s sequel based on video evidence. Enough is enough. I thought Bungie’s community was toxic, but this is downright manipulative in the worst of ways. It’s dismissive to the extreme.

I dunno about you guys but groundpounding people while listening to space jam sounds fantastic to me

Sprint is the issue, not mechanics which will be worked out in the beta. The issue always has and always will be sprint.

It looks like it’s balanced to me. It has numerous drawbacks, like the need for full charge, totally vulnerable before and after the pound itself for a few seconds, and everybody else has the ability to thruster away. The only real problem with it is it’s radius of damage, it should be that you get the kill if you hit the player dead center and do no damage if you miss, instead of just damaging the shields. It’s kill or no kill and nothing in between. I would also think to shrink the reticule to make getting the kill more challenging.

Maybe, but it sure isn’t as easy as we think.

Ground Pound? Ohhh ohhh! Copyright Issues?? xDD

http://mariobroswii.com/_ui/img/screens/adv_ground-pound.jpg

Theres a new race upcoming i guess :'D

Not going to judge till the beta comes out.

> 2533274819302824;6:
> Greenskull could be deliberately going out of his way to not use it for all we know. A few videos from one guy isn’t a good way to gauge how frequently the ability will be (or can be) used.
>
> I remain skeptical.

Good thing I didn’t gauge it by watching one guy since there’s quite a few other videos on YouTube of other people playing it who all said the same thing about ground pound not being an issue and being extremely hard to pull off successfully.

> 2533274805799247;11:
> Sprint is the issue, not mechanics which will be worked out in the beta. The issue always has and always will be sprint.

No it’s not. Not being able to move faster than you can in Halo1,2 and 3 is the issue.

> 2535432369599366;17:
> > 2533274805799247;11:
> > Sprint is the issue, not mechanics which will be worked out in the beta. The issue always has and always will be sprint.
>
>
> No it’s not. Not being able to move faster than you can in Halo1,2 and 3 is the issue.

That was a minor issue in BTB maps if you were in the open.

If you cannot even give a single reason why it is an issue, then your argument does not stand.

I never thought it was bad ever since it was known you need a direct hit to actually kill someone.

If it’s anything like crysis 2 mp then you need a direct hit and the move not only disables you for a second you also lose full power. That’s crysis 2 mp which is sounding very similar to h5.