Is everyone here really okay with this?

Is everyone really okay with the last shot system for Warzone bosses?

I find it really unfair most of the time because there are so many variables that you simply cannot control that dictate which team gets ALL the points. Want to make a bonus for the last shot? Fine, but also make it so that the team that did the most damage to the boss gets a fair chunk of points too.

Yeah, I’m not sure about it either. A team could spend a minute unloading everything into the Warden Eternal only for the other team to finish him off with a single shot and claim all the points.

No. And I’m fairly certain the last hit isnt even accurate. The health bar seems to have some kind of response delay so if you technically hit it last, you didnt actually hit it last

Having a diminishing returns system would work better. As players attack bosses, the less health the boss has, the less points the attacking team receives for dealing damage. A fixed total amount of points is given out, but it can be split between both teams. But being the first to engage will offer the most points. Less points as the boss takes damage.

I’d bet most people aren’t happy with it and would rather have a better system for that.

No one is okay with it. But 343i has been on record saying its fine the way it is.

Personally I think it should be whichever team did the most damage to the boss within ten seconds of its death gets the points.

> 2533274819302824;6:
> No one is okay with it. But 343i has been on record saying its fine the way it is.
>
> Personally I think it should be whichever team did the most damage to the boss within ten seconds of its death gets the points.

I can see that working. Or perhaps when the boss shows up, he’s entirely invincible and will be on the map for one whole minute and whichever team deals the most damage in that time gets the kill.

> 2533274819302824;6:
> No one is okay with it. But 343i has been on record saying its fine the way it is.
>
> Personally I think it should be whichever team did the most damage to the boss within ten seconds of its death gets the points.

That still doesn’t solve the problem, really. If both teams are at a steady rate of dealing damage, all it takes is for one side to shoot off one extra bullet to imbalance the dealt damage. It’s the same problem just in a more arbitrary system.

It’s not last shot, it seems more random than that. Although far from perfect I am fine with it the way it is.

> 2533274833600810;1:
> Is everyone really okay with the last shot system for Warzone bosses?
>
> I find it really unfair most of the time because there are so many variables that you simply cannot control that dictate which team gets ALL the points. Want to make a bonus for the last shot? Fine, but also make it so that the team that did the most damage to the boss gets a fair chunk of points too.

I agree. I’m not only with it.
I have experienced that my team have taken all the damage literally 99,9% without the enemy team firing a single bullet.

Then out of nowhere he gets sniped.
Who gets the kill? The enemy team does.

I AM 110% fine with it. It is fine the way it is. Bosses being able to be stolen are the only thing that can give some teams hope when one team starts pulling away with the game. Sure it sucks when it gets stolen but it’s super sweet when you steal it. I now for a fact several times me stealing a boss kill help turn the tide of a game.

> 2533274816788253;11:
> I AM 110% fine with it. It is fine the way it is. Bosses being able to be stolen are the only thing that can give some teams hope when one team starts pulling away with the game. Sure it sucks when it gets stolen but it’s super sweet when you steal it. I now for a fact several times me stealing a boss kill help turn the tide of a game.

these halo players, would HATE moba’s.

boss stealing is apart of moba’s, warzone, is based off of moba like gameplay.

343 is correct in saying, it works as intended, because it does.

is it annoying having someone snipe the boss from across the map? of course it is. but that is just part of the gametype.

there are 12 people, all 12 people do NOT need to be shotting at the boss. so instead of crying for a change, why don’t you start guarding the boss from the enemy team?

i am not trying to come off as the best warzone player, but it really is common sense.

> 2533274827519891;12:
> > 2533274816788253;11:
> > I AM 110% fine with it. It is fine the way it is. Bosses being able to be stolen are the only thing that can give some teams hope when one team starts pulling away with the game. Sure it sucks when it gets stolen but it’s super sweet when you steal it. I now for a fact several times me stealing a boss kill help turn the tide of a game.
>
>
> these halo players, would HATE moba’s.
>
> boss stealing is apart of moba’s, warzone, is based off of moba like gameplay.
>
> 343 is correct in saying, it works as intended, because it does.
>
> is it annoying having someone snipe the boss from across the map? of course it is. but that is just part of the gametype.
>
> there are 12 people, all 12 people do NOT need to be shotting at the boss. so instead of crying for a change, why don’t you start guarding the boss from the enemy team?
>
> i am not trying to come off as the best warzone player, but it really is common sense.

Players don’t want to use mics or team work. They want the games catered to them.

Completely fine with it. ‘Getting the last shot’ is an important strategy in all playlists. Kill stealing in FFA and multi-team is a pivotal part of the game, Team-shooting in Arena, Slayer, Breakout and Big Team is what sets apart good teams from bad. Why should Warzone be any different? Why aren’t FFA players complaining that they should get the point for hitting 4 shots and then having their kill stolen?

You want the points to be split based on damage dealt, why? Why not make it that you get 0.8 kills for taking someones shield in slayer and your team mate gets 0.2 kills for finishing the kill? Splitting the points for bosses decreases win variance, and so the team with only one base has a much lower chance of making a comeback.

OR THEY CAN JUST HIDE THE HEALTHBAR.

problem solved. you dont know how much health i has so you fire. the rest stays the same.

They aren’t fixing it. They’re embracing it.

I don’t like it, I never have. It just feels tremendously unfair. Part of the reason I’ve never been able to warm up to Warzone. I wanted to like it but in the end, I just don’t.

no i hate it. you can be triple capping the other team have 11 of em dead but the last guy can still get a lucky dmr shot to steal the kill

I’m fine with it. Then again I’ve played games that did this sort of thing for a while, so I’m no novice to the concept.

> 2533274833600810;1:
> Is everyone really okay with the last shot system for Warzone bosses?
>
> I find it really unfair most of the time because there are so many variables that you simply cannot control that dictate which team gets ALL the points. Want to make a bonus for the last shot? Fine, but also make it so that the team that did the most damage to the boss gets a fair chunk of points too.

Fair is exactly what it is if you can bring yourself to accept that this is how Halo kills have worked for fifteen years. You don’t suddenly get a free pass because there’s more at stake.

The entire point of warzone, with it’s twentyfour spartans, AI targets, vehicles, and eight billion weapons, is that there be too many variables for you to control. If you want control then you need to be playing team slayer.