Is COMPLEX too big for 4v4?

At least half the games I play on this map do not reach 600 points and there seems to be long periods of running about trying to find an enemy.

Or is it just me?

its just you i like it alot.

Well, every game I play everyone just runs for the building by the cliffside so 95% of the map gets wasted, so no it’s great! Just like on Abandon where all the action happens at the top of the lift! Gotta love it!

I agree. There’s like 3 main areas of the map: the center-ish building that peopel camp inside or on top of, one open spawning area, and the other sort-of-open spawning area on the other side of the map. Most of the fighting happens in the building I mentioned, or people on the building shoot at the open areas with DMR’s…I hate it.

I voted no, because there are plenty of lines of sight that make the map “play” smaller, as well as ghosts. I’m not saying it’s an excellent map, but I think it serves its intended purpose of providing 4 vs 4 games with emphasis on longer range combat (in contrast to Haven, Adrift and Abandon). Then again, due to Halo 4’s loose ranking system, I don’t feel like I’ve played many (or any) games with two full teams of very highly skilled players, which I could see becoming a bit of a camp-fest.

I do believe the map is too large for 4v4, it’s fine for 5v5 objective but 4v4 slayer is just slow. This map has the same problems as Boardwalk.

Yeah, I know what you mean about boardwalk. By the way, I never said it was a BAD map.

It isn’t too big, it is badly designed. It has too many camping & hiding spots. People hide on top of the towers, back in spawns, or crouched in a room. Definitely the worst map in the game.

I would love to see Warthogs added to map, perhaps the extra vehicles could jazz it up a bit.

You have to admit it is pretty fun on SWAT though

Complex is plain terrible for any match, almost as bad as Abandon.
The only playlist it fits into is Flood.

> It isn’t too big, it is badly designed. It has too many camping & hiding spots. People hide on top of the towers, back in spawns, or crouched in a room. Definitely the worst map in the game.

But don’t you think that such campy tactics (especially those exposed tower tops) would be less viable if the map had more players on it? Maybe even a banshee :smiley:

Yep, I just went about 2 minutes without the score changing in Slayer.

If not on the roof, on the way.
I tend to wander the large central structure, plenty of midrange combat and well covered from dmr fire. If your lucky you snag a sword or scattershot

Yeah, I think it is too big. It would make a decent 8v8 map probably if you added some warthogs in it
I like it in Flood though, hiding on the roof is fun :slight_smile:

Its kind of big for 4v4.

Even more problematic is CTF. Predictably so, considering its an asymmetrical map, one side has an immense advantage.