Is "Casual" H5 Stressful, or is That Just Me?

“Kick up your feet and relax with a fun social playlist.”

Take a break from Ranked play to just have some fun!”

Don’t worry about winning or losing! Just have fun!”

I don’t know if it’s just me, but Halo 5’s casual playlists still feel incredibly competitive. None of the above statements seem to apply. It feels like everyone plays hyper-competitively on even the most casual playlists. I don’t know if that’s just me, or of everyone really is trying their faces off. If it’s just me, I’ll stop worrying about it.

After I put my face back on, that is.

That is all.

I mean, if people go in the playlist with a competitive mindset, everyone else is going to have to adopt to a competitive mindset or face getting beaten.

Casual and social are not the same thing. Also yes it’s frustrating

We only have 2 casual modes at the moment.

Firefight.
Grifball.

Social = ranked without rank.
Pretty much no difference.
Because there is a hidden ranking system that manages matching.

Halo 5 is over competitive period. Even in the social playlists it still affects your KDA and Win/loss. You can’t play it casually without affecting your stats.

> 2535414791138154;5:
> Halo 5 is over competitive period. Even in the social playlists it still affects your KDA and Win/loss. You can’t play it casually without affecting your stats.

Too bad that stats get tracked period on the social playlist. If they did away with that, then it might not be nearly as bad. Win or lose, no matter how well or badly you play, you won’t have to stress over anything.

The level of competitiveness is really up to the individual player.

I find the problem is the social side is more competitive than the actaul competitive play lists. Primarily warzone it’s self people have no chill.

Yeah dude people have no chill in anything

H5 is definitely too competitive.

It’s competitive or joke playlists. There are no casual playlists that use the actual default gameplay.

These modes still attract some players that want to play hard. I can’t deny that I have played that way sometimes in these modes. For the majority I do relax and not worry about winning or maintaining a positive K/D. I know it’s tracked, but I choose not to care. Even if there’s one or a few opponents on the enemy team trying hard. I wouldn’t let the conditions of other players dictate the atmosphere for you. Sometimes I go into Arena and just play with no disposition of seriousness. What happens, happens. The modes are pretty social though. When I do decide to play competitively in Arena there is a big drop off when I want to chill and play Infection, Grifball, BTB, Warzone, whatever social mode they have installed for the weekend. Just play the game however you want and don’t let what’s going on around you influence your pleasure. It works for me.

It doesn’t matter how ‘casual’ a playlist is in Halo 5 because they will all have you mashing at the controller like a madman to stay clear of everyone’s Spartan Abilities.

It is extremely competitive. I can’t enjoy grifball or infection anymore. Everyone is hungry for the top spot.

Yeah, every single part of Halo 5 is extremely competitive. It really sucks for us social players who just want to have a good time. These social playlists are nothing but competitive ranked playlists with hidden ranks.

> 2533274983213185;4:
> We only have 2 casual modes at the moment.
>
> Firefight.
> Grifball.
>
> Social = ranked without rank.
> Pretty much no difference.
> Because there is a hidden ranking system that manages matching.

Even firefight isn’t casual.
You have to try super hard and communicate with a team.

> 2533274823412826;6:
> > 2535414791138154;5:
> > Halo 5 is over competitive period. Even in the social playlists it still affects your KDA and Win/loss. You can’t play it casually without affecting your stats.
>
>
> Too bad that stats get tracked period on the social playlist. If they did away with that, then it might not be nearly as bad. Win or lose, no matter how well or badly you play, you won’t have to stress over anything.

I’m sorry are you agreeing with me? I can’t tell

As others have stated Halo 5 is way too competitive. The full party raids that people engage in are not helping either.

This promotes smurfing. Match parties with parties and solo players with other solo players.

> 2535414791138154;16:
> > 2533274823412826;6:
> > > 2535414791138154;5:
> > > Halo 5 is over competitive period. Even in the social playlists it still affects your KDA and Win/loss. You can’t play it casually without affecting your stats.
> >
> >
> > Too bad that stats get tracked period on the social playlist. If they did away with that, then it might not be nearly as bad. Win or lose, no matter how well or badly you play, you won’t have to stress over anything.
>
>
> I’m sorry are you agreeing with me? I can’t tell

In a sense, I am. In this day and age, showing one’s statistics online is like taking home a bad report card you don’t want to show to show to your parents, but ultimately can’t

> 2533274807881644;3:
> Casual and social are not the same thing. Also yes it’s frustrating

What is the difference? I see them as one in the same. Only Halo calls it social where COD calls it casual. At least to me social and casual are gametypes that are not ranked gameplay. Thus meant to not be taken seriously and meant to be more fun because of that.

I just find it incredible that a VIDEO GAME that I once stressed out about not getting to play…stresses me out while I am playing. Sounds wrong but it makes a lot of sense.