Is BTB broken?

Y it no werk? pls ;-;

It seems to be broken for a lot of us (including myself) but it works flawlessly for some. Weird.

> 2533275014518827;2:
> It seems to be broken for a lot of us (including myself) but it works flawlessly for some. Weird.

Been searching for 2 hours lol

> 2533274860001230;3:
> > 2533275014518827;2:
> > It seems to be broken for a lot of us (including myself) but it works flawlessly for some. Weird.
>
>
> Been searching for 2 hours lol

I know the feels bro :frowning: Just put your faith in God.

BTB worked fine on Sunday but now it doesnt work at all. I really dont understand how they could get this so wrong.

Haven’t been able to get a BTB match from launch. It’s annoying as it’s my favourite mode.

I hadn’t got any Big Team games in ages but finally got into one tonight. So it is showing promise at least.

I have issues with BTB as well. I was a little worried that it was due to low population or something, but nice to see others are having the problem. Hopefully 343 gets back to us soon about the problem, since I don’t think they’ve mentioned it at all.

BTB started working again for me today =D man that Timberland… memories

i was managing to get in a few over the last week or two, but very hit and miss to say the least.

last couple of days i havent been able to get in a match at all, leave it trying to find match for about an hour at a time before giving up and turning it off. i have noticed its a waste of my time trying before 11pm my time(uk)when the US guys start login in in numbers i start gettin matches(apart from last two days that is), we defo need player numbers to see if we wasting our time waiting for matches when there prob less that 100 people tryin to get a BTB
slayer, no probs, in a game in around a min, only prob is i hate slayer, got no time for that what so ever, only bought the xbox one to play halo, and i only play BTB in halo, so this is driving my crazy right now.

not played console for 10yrs, last one i played was an xbox, and only game i had for that was halo 2 for the online multiplayer, and then only BTB. so coming back to this mess is maddening

Right now halo relies only on P2P connection.
BTB will only work flawless when the servers are online.
16 people appear to be too much for host based matches.

Also, not many people are patient and if you have to search 20+ min there won’t be much population.
And if those few patient find a match, half of them will vote for Halo 4 and the other half will quit…

I love BTB as well, but I’ll only try again if there’s an official announcement that dedicated servers are in use.

************* STILL BROKE FOR ME ************

It’s never worked for me. Of course after 5-7 minutes of waiting, I simply return to the lobby.

> 2533274833077305;6:
> Haven’t been able to get a BTB match from launch. It’s annoying as it’s my favourite mode.

Neither have i, my favourite mode Also. Freakin’ vehicles, how could it not be? :slight_smile:
Nothing better than a sticky on a passing warthog, full of opponents.

Somethings up with BTB. What’s odd is that the weeks after the game released, I was actually finding BTB games… I mean, I don’t know how, but I was.

But for the last few weeks… Nope. Just nope.

> 2533274830745135;11:
> Right now halo relies only on P2P connection.
> BTB will only work flawless when the servers are online.
> 16 people appear to be too much for host based matches.
>
> Also, not many people are patient and if you have to search 20+ min there won’t be much population.
> And if those few patient find a match, half of them will vote for Halo 4 and the other half will quit…
>
> I love BTB as well, but I’ll only try again if there’s an official announcement that dedicated servers are in use.

Your idea that the only reason BTB doesn’t work is because of the current P2P/player hosted games makes no sense. The original Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 games were all player hosted, did not have dedicated servers, and did not have these issues. BTB worked just fine on those games, and that was back when people didn’t have the faster internet speeds we have today.

The problem is not P2P vs. dedicated servers, the problem is that 343’s code/algorithm for the matchmaking process is completely screwed up.

Back on topic with the OP… BTB is broken for I think the majority of people. For some people BTB works, and others it doesn’t. Some people find games instantly, some people find games in 30 minutes, and some people never find a game. It’s pretty much based on luck at this point.

johnjr999, I played many BTB on the 360 throughout all titles, and BTB was always prone to awful connections due to too many players.
Is there more data to be shared and progressed through the host now? I never said that.
That’s just my commen sense five cents on why BTB in particular doesn’t work.
The netcode is the same for all playlists, only difference is the number of players, and due to that more differing connections (nat open/closed).
Servers for Titanfall (azure-nw) and Battlefield connect all players to one server and it works fine.

ok

decided to try this afternoon since my last post, and all ive been doin is having GREAT matches, one after the other, no problems to speak of at all!!

never had it like this in BTB, they have certainly fixed somethin since last night for me anyway.

been a couple of 5min+ waits to get in macth, but that was when i first started, after that, 1-2min max