Is bloom going to be in Halo 4? Good or Bad?

Well i have seen some gameplay with the DMR, but it doesn’t seem to be as much as a problem as it was in Halo Reach. Do you think it is a big factor or not?

I do believe it is only at longer ranges bloom affects your shots.

if they do, it better be like you say and not be a problem…

The randomness it created was unparalleled.

I thought it was gone. Doesn’t the DMR just have visual bloom now?

It doesn’t play a very large role in Halo 4 at all. There are only a handful of weapons that actually have it, and it now acts as more of an indication as to when you can fire next as opposed to offsetting your aim. It may affect the gun slightly if you keep shooting, but it’s not nearly as dramatic as it was in Reach. The exception being automatics, which still have pretty substantial bloom.

> I thought it was gone. Doesn’t the DMR just have visual bloom now?

yea i think so, but i think that made reach seem like a very, may i say it, unfair experience or crazy. But idk everything

> > I thought it was gone. Doesn’t the DMR just have visual bloom now?
>
> yea i think so, but i think that made reach seem like a very, may i say it, unfair experience or crazy. But idk everything

Well, the bloom in Reach actually made the bullets shoot in [random] directions. Visible bloom just basically tells you when you can fire again. Or that’s how I understand it.

All of Halo 4’s automatic weapons have bloom. The DMR does have a bloom that behaves as Reach’s actually. They’ve made it so it really only affects the DMR’s shots at extreme ranges.