Is attack on sanctum unbalanced?

It’s a beautiful map but its gameplay turns awful if you don’t capture temple and therefore it’s more likely your team and you get triple capped. It’s like the younger brother of escape from arc IMO.

Warzone in general is unbalanced! Although, that’s I feel about the game mode and the maps. Doesn’t mean that’s not fun!..sometimes.

It is, as Red team has a huge advantage over blue. If there was official 343 word their statistics will show that red team wins about 65% times on this map. Red team gets Temple most of the time. If blue team only has the South Garage (closest to blue base I think, might be North) they lose 75% of the time. If you want to win pray you get red team.

Sanctum and Apex are unfair maps

> 2533274967369999;3:
> It is, as Red team has a huge advantage over blue. If there was official 343 word their statistics will show that red team wins about 65% times on this map. Red team gets Temple most of the time. If blue team only has the South Garage (closest to blue base I think, might be North) they lose 75% of the time. If you want to win pray you get red team.

That would be the case if Red Team sends a few guys to the Temple Rotunda to pick off Blue players trying to break inside the Temple to capture it. Even if they bypass that, the reds have some nice adequate cover to hold off the blues for such a time, making red vs blue a little unbalanced balanced. That could just be my opinion on the matter.

I know Warzone is unbalanced… :slight_smile:

> 2533274870852072;1:
> It’s a beautiful map but its gameplay turns awful if you don’t capture temple and therefore it’s more likely your team and you get triple capped. It’s like the younger brother of escape from arc IMO.

The temple is far, far more powerful than any of the other middle bases. I can count the number of games I’ve won on that map without the temple on one hand and times my teams retaken it mid-match on my toes. I’ve also made the comparison to arc before. The major problem imo is the bases are so close together you can literally toss a grenade from one to the next. That means it’s very easy for the team that caps the temple to keep the pressure on and great sight lines form there as well makes it harder to do an end run towards to other garage or group up to rush the temple or snag a boss. Having more than one major boss spawn on top of it doesn’t help either.

I’m not fond of having matches decided within the first couple of minutes and it does seem that most of the time that is the case to me. On the other hand I’m not sure what could be done to fix the problem that could be added easily. They can’t really move the bases.

> 2533274967369999;3:
> It is, as Red team has a huge advantage over blue. If there was official 343 word their statistics will show that red team wins about 65% times on this map. Red team gets Temple most of the time. If blue team only has the South Garage (closest to blue base I think, might be North) they lose 75% of the time. If you want to win pray you get red team.

Do you have a link to that? I’m curious.

Their really is no balance in warzone because it depends on players actually using their reqs and not only that using the right req.

> 2533274880633045;6:
> > 2533274870852072;1:
> > It’s a beautiful map but its gameplay turns awful if you don’t capture temple and therefore it’s more likely your team and you get triple capped. It’s like the younger brother of escape from arc IMO.
>
> The temple is far, far more powerful than any of the other middle bases. I can count the number of games I’ve won on that map without the temple on one hand and times my teams retaken it mid-match on my toes. I’ve also made the comparison to arc before. The major problem imo is the bases are so close together you can literally toss a grenade from one to the next. That means it’s very easy for the team that caps the temple to keep the pressure on and great sight lines form there as well. Having more than one major boss on top of it doesn’t help either.
>
> I’m not fond of having matches decided within the first couple of minutes and it does seem that most of the time that is the case to me. On the other hand I’m not sure what could be done to fix the problem that could be added easily.
>
>
> > 2533274967369999;3:
> > It is, as Red team has a huge advantage over blue. If there was official 343 word their statistics will show that red team wins about 65% times on this map. Red team gets Temple most of the time. If blue team only has the South Garage (closest to blue base I think, might be North) they lose 75% of the time. If you want to win pray you get red team.
>
> Do you have a link to that? I’m curious.

I don’t its just personal game observations. Whenever I get JiP’s on that map its pretty much South Garage only for Blue Team, and rarely red team.
Once red team gets the temple its over.

Like Ghostkiller said Red team can flank blue team in the rotunda at the start of the game, pick them off when they try to take on the Temple.
Blue team if they go to the left at the start will almost always engage red team face to face.
You also see these inherent map advantages where red team has a man cannon that takes them right outside the Temple. Blue team takes them tl their bridge, and its so easy for red team to bottle neck blue at that rotunda.
Its far quicker and easily for red team to engage the Temple from their garage compared to blue team.
As for going to the garages from the Temple. Red team gets two man cannons to defend their side, while if Blue team had the temple they can only defend with one man cannon.

At the start of the game Temple has Covenant forces facing red, while Blue has to deal with the harder Promethean forces.

The only time the game is balanced is in warzone turbo, when the significant req power can ignore red teams early advantages.

Oh I’m just saying this in general and not to any particular person. I’m SR 150 and my stats will tell you I have this warzone info.