Is at all possible to update Halo 2

I unfortunately got the xbox version of halo 2 after they shut down the servers so I have a pre-update version of the game.

Now I’m curious if its at all possible to update the game or get the map packs now. I was considering getting the multiplayer map pack since I can get it pretty cheap and money isn’t an issue.

I’m just curious if that’s my best bet to enjoy the Halo 2 post-updates or are there alternatives.

Unfortunately, I’ve experienced the same problem, and I don’t think it’s possible without the MP disc. XBL 1 marketplace is completely gone. The only thing that could hypothetically work is downloading it from somewhere else on the internet, and even then I wouldn’t know if it’d work.
Sorry man. :frowning:

You would need to buy/install (not sure if you can install on the 360) the MP Map pack disc.

So, from personal experience and Xbox Support’s official word, the map packs for Halo 2 aren’t supported anymore, although I have seen cases where they work, but it seems to be random.

I highly doubt it. I get disconnected from Xbox Live every time I play Halo 2. It’s sad. :frowning:

It’s possible.

As far as I know no one has done it though.

would anyone know if it’d be possible at all to get said content from copying it from someone else who has a fully updated Halo 2, not that I’d know how it’d work but at least its a guess.

> would anyone know if it’d be possible at all to get said content from copying it from someone else who has a fully updated Halo 2, not that I’d know how it’d work but at least its a guess.

The only thing you can do on a retail console is buy the Multiplayer DLC disk and get TU 1.4, that is the highest you can get without the game actually being put online again.

I myself never played Halo 2 online but I did download the map packs onto my 360. I had the Multiplayer Map Pack disc, not sure if that’s the only way to get them but that’s how I did. I just put the disc into my 360, downloaded them and they work just fine.