Is anyone else finding LAG really bad lately?

I have noticed that lag is really bad lately. I was playing Slayer on Truth and it was almost unplayable due to the lag and rubber banding around. At one point I was on upper blue tower and in a split second I am running into the wall of lower blue tower. Next I was running through mid starting at Blue and just as I started I hit the wall on the other side at Red.

Guys were disappearing and popping up all over the map.

Is this a by-product of the regional lock being off?

I noticed it in social slayer but in ranked it was not bad. Some people just eat a couple shots when they are absolute.

Game play has been terrible the last few days. So much lag and my shots aren’t registering as hits a lot of times. I never had these problems until they took off the region lock. Aiming seems to be off as well. At this point the game is almost impossible to play competitively in arena .

I’ve only experienced minor lag in Warzone turbo. But that’s honestly to be expected since there are 6 scorpions and 3 banshees on the map at any given time

I have not however my friends have reported severe rubber banding and controller lag.

Thanks to all for replying.

Seems to be a legitimate issue. Hope it improves because it really is distracting and frustrating. Especially when you get teleported to somewhere else on the map and it takes you a second or two to realize what happened and where you are—hopefully before someone puts a bullet in your head!

Probably because they turned off the region lock so your now playing with people from all around the world instead of your region. But I’m not having any lag problems here in Alaska.

Its SOOOO bad, microsoft has been having so many problems lately.

Now this is an issue. Ridding region lock means everyone is lagging. Aoolying region lock means almost nobody outside the US can find games but at peak time.

Only two solutions there are is either find a way to raise the population and apply region lock again or rid it like now and increase server performance.

I doubt they’ll do latter. Which I suggest they do because I doubt they can raise the population for a significant amount to the point region lock can be applied.

I’ve noticed the rubber banding has been happening a lot recently. To add to that I started playing Halo today to find that my REQs have decided to stop working entirely. I’ve tried everything to resolve the issue but no attempts were successful.

I had a little bit in warzone today but that’s it.

> 2535440854662399;8:
> Its SOOOO bad, microsoft has been having so many problems lately.

It’s not Microsoft. 343 turned of Region lock

Just watch the dedicated EU server thread take off again.

WZ Turbo has disconnected me 3 games today after about 10 minutes of playing. Arena is working however.

I am having huge issues with laggy input and hitbox registration. IDK what’s going on but since Friday after the reset it feel like the game is way off in some subtle but noticeable ways. I feel as though the region unlocking as brought in a bunch of people that have substandard connection speeds and that is what is causing the issues. On a side note I also have been playing with some very very bad teammates in both WZ and Arena. Idk if it’s BC the are not NA players or what but the overall skill since the reset seems to be very low.

I can’t recall many games that I’ve had with lag. Sometimes there will be a very brief moment where one enemy will fall of a ledge or something and then rubber band right back then fall again, but nothing more than that really.

Yes, here and there. When I was doing my placement matches for FFA some people were teleporting or I was getting late kills.

> 2535450449120712;1:
> I have noticed that lag is really bad lately. I was playing Slayer on Truth and it was almost unplayable due to the lag and rubber banding around. At one point I was on upper blue tower and in a split second I am running into the wall of lower blue tower. Next I was running through mid starting at Blue and just as I started I hit the wall on the other side at Red.
>
> Guys were disappearing and popping up all over the map.
>
> Is this a by-product of the regional lock being off?

It´s been extremely bad the past week, but got worse when they decided to drop the region lock in matchmaking during the past week. That means long distance gaming with lag and latency. There´s been a lot of threads about it but the major thread discussing these issues since launch is this thread closing in on 200 pages/4000 posts…

To save you some time I can assure you that the only way 343 can be taken seriously is by giving players an option in the matchmaking process as to whether to prioritize low ping games or fast search times. Even better, allow players to chose which data centers to connect to. Besides that, 343 needs to work on their networking skills because there is something fundamentally wrong with the coding and how the game behaves/performs online.