Is anyone else annoyed by boundaries?

I wanted to know if anyone else was annoyed by the “soft kill” boundaries on most of the maps (particularly Highlands and Forge World), that exist even in forge, and cannot be removed. I understand that they exist to hide the parts of the maps that aren’t as visually pleasing, but I’m honestly more annoyed by that then blurry textures. Wouldn’t it have been cool to build things in that big forest and river on Highlands? Wouldn’t it be cool to check out the big mountains on forge world? I don’t understand why they thought that’d be a good idea.

You’re not the only one, man.

I Absolutely HATE soft-kill boundaries. Invisible walls I can understand, and hard-kill boundaries (For maps that, if you fall off the playable area you die), but soft-kill boundaries make me extremely upset.

I’m always playing and see a spot that looks like an excellent vantage point not ten feet from a major causeway. But when I get there, there’s this frickin’ timer blocking my screen and I have 10 second to get back to the extremely confining, sucky maps that Bungie shipped the game with! Why even have it to where we can get to these areas if you’re just going to kill us for getting to them?

If Bungie wanted us to stay in the crappy confines of their maps so badly, they should have just used invisible walls.

I disagree, the boundries are there for a reason. Yes they can be annoying if ur forging and u back up into one but atleast the softkill limits give u a warning, they could had just placed kill barriers instead. If you ever forge a map u’ll understand the importance of softkills and hardkill limits. To the ability to block off areas of the map you find would be great places to play with, every map has a size limit before created map structures dis-exist and map art takes over. However some softkill limits can be negated in the use of theater mode if you are looking to capture an image or video.

I hate when you spawn an object and you get bumped in to a rock and you instantly die.

I prefer the invisible walls. That way you can find a way past them and get to use the entire map

> I prefer the invisible walls. That way you can find a way past them and get to use the entire map

YES!

But seriously, I think that everyone preferred invisible walls rather than these stupid soft-kill boundaries. As I said above, Hard-Kill boundaries will always be needed (For forged maps where a certain drop might not kill players on it’s own), but not soft-kill boundaries.

I’d rather have Forgeable Invisible Walls.

Soft Kill boundaries in Matchmaking - that’s understandable.

In Forge - WHY!?

I don’t mind measures being put in to prevent sequence breaking and such. I hate invisible barriers but don’t mind the soft KZs.

> I don’t mind measures being put in to prevent sequence breaking and such. I hate invisible barriers but don’t mind the soft KZs.

I definitely see a use for them, but Bungie went overboard! They’re everywhere, and even in places they don’t need to be!

While they are very important, they can be a little irritating when try to forge in the ‘quarry’ area. Those pesky guardians!

<4

> I Absolutely HATE soft-kill boundaries. Invisible walls I can understand, and hard-kill boundaries (For maps that, if you fall off the playable area you die), but soft-kill boundaries make me extremely upset.
>
> I’m always playing and see a spot that looks like an excellent vantage point not ten feet from a major causeway. But when I get there, there’s this frickin’ timer blocking my screen and I have 10 second to get back to the extremely confining, sucky maps that Bungie shipped the game with! Why even have it to where we can get to these areas if you’re just going to kill us for getting to them?
>
> If Bungie wanted us to stay in the crappy confines of their maps so badly, they should have just used invisible walls.

Wait, what? So you’d prefer dropping dead instantly (hardkill) over being given a chance to return to the map (softkill)?

Notable also is the fact that patching maps post-release would be impossible without Forge-enabled Soft Kill Boundaries. Even if invisible walls were added to the Forge palette, they would be very limited in their potential – and they’d be insanely difficult to use, for obvious reasons.

> I disagree, the boundries are there for a reason. Yes they can be annoying if ur forging and u back up into one but atleast the softkill limits give u a warning, they could had just placed kill barriers instead. If you ever forge a map u’ll understand the importance of softkills and hardkill limits. To the ability to block off areas of the map you find would be great places to play with, every map has a size limit before created map structures dis-exist and map art takes over. However some softkill limits can be negated in the use of theater mode if you are looking to capture an image or video.

Boundrys are load of BS

> I disagree, the boundries are there for a reason. Yes they can be annoying if ur forging and u back up into one but atleast the softkill limits give u a warning, they could had just placed kill barriers instead. If you ever forge a map u’ll understand the importance of softkills and hardkill limits. To the ability to block off areas of the map you find would be great places to play with, every map has a size limit before created map structures dis-exist and map art takes over. However some softkill limits can be negated in the use of theater mode if you are looking to capture an image or video.

Boundrys are load of BS

> I disagree, the boundries are there for a reason. Yes they can be annoying if ur forging and u back up into one but atleast the softkill limits give u a warning, they could had just placed kill barriers instead. If you ever forge a map u’ll understand the importance of softkills and hardkill limits. To the ability to block off areas of the map you find would be great places to play with, every map has a size limit before created map structures dis-exist and map art takes over. However some softkill limits can be negated in the use of theater mode if you are looking to capture an image or video.

Boundrys are load of BS

> I disagree, the boundries are there for a reason. Yes they can be annoying if ur forging and u back up into one but atleast the softkill limits give u a warning, they could had just placed kill barriers instead. If you ever forge a map u’ll understand the importance of softkills and hardkill limits. To the ability to block off areas of the map you find would be great places to play with, every map has a size limit before created map structures dis-exist and map art takes over. However some softkill limits can be negated in the use of theater mode if you are looking to capture an image or video.

Boundrys are load of BS

> > I disagree, the boundries are there for a reason. Yes they can be annoying if ur forging and u back up into one but atleast the softkill limits give u a warning, they could had just placed kill barriers instead. If you ever forge a map u’ll understand the importance of softkills and hardkill limits. To the ability to block off areas of the map you find would be great places to play with, every map has a size limit before created map structures dis-exist and map art takes over. However some softkill limits can be negated in the use of theater mode if you are looking to capture an image or video.
>
> Boundrys are load of BS

This is such a wonderfully-intelligent and mature point, you felt the need to post it three times!

Doublepost!..Triplepost!..OVERPOST! Extermination!

<4

Yes, I am annoyed, but they have to end the map somewhere and a kill boundary is better than just boxing every thing off. I mean would you rather have those boundaries or have a wall on every side of the map.

thats one of the main reasons why i wish they would give us forge and a new halo custom edition.