is anyone AGAINST removing the RANDOMNESS from the DMR?

for me, the main reason why i dont really like playing halo reach has to be the DMR, and its random factor.

in case you were not aware of this, even if you have flawless aim, and perfect cadence, someone straight up mashing his R trigger can get lucky and beat you at medium range (in a 1v1 DMR-only battle with no outside factors like cover, grenades, etc.). i have found this to happen around 15% of the time, but the % here is irrelevant because

1.) its noticeable
and
2.) its the % the game effectively fails (not a single person is thinking, YES! my flawless cadence, first shot, and perfect accuracy got beat by someone mashing his R trigger and aiming with a watermelon! i LOVE THIS GAME!)

i find this to be extremely problematic, to say the very least. because of this the DMR adds a RAGE factor every time someone spams and wins out against my flawless aim and cadence.

the biggest problem with the DMR, in my opinion, is that spamming not only works up until a bit past mid range (the length of the gap at the top of countdown), at close range, it is actually OPTIMAL meaning the victor of these close range optimally played ‘spam battles’ is 100% random (50% chance for either player to land the first 4 hits, then headshot), basically regardless of either players individual performance for that battle (after all, its not hard to aim with a WATERMELON sized reticule).

my question to you guys is…

are any of you AGAINST removing the RANDOM FACTOR from the DMR with a title update?

if you are against it, please explain why its better to have a random factor, because i cant, for the life of me, figure out why it could possibly be better this way.

halo has always been (thru halos 1, 2, and 3)

shoot better -> win the 1v1 battle (primary weapon spawn vs primary weapon spawn, and no outside factors)

in halo reach, however, it goes something like this:

shoot better -> win the 1v1 DMR-only battle, unless 1 person is spamming, then god knows who will win, and spamming is actually OPTIMAL for close range, resulting in 100% random battles.

what do you guys think?

Just remove the bloom already NOBODY likes it.

The bloom is dumb, take it out.

> Just remove the bloom already NOBODY likes it.

i disagree. i like the idea of bloom. it does everything non bloom does, plus adds skill gap and depth (if implemented properly, reach is a terrible example lol).

it doesnt even have to slow down kill times either, all of that can be tweaked to perfection.

im all for adding skill gap, thats what halo has always had, and thats what halo needs right now. this seems like a good area to add it in (since god knows we’ll never get the h2 double shot back lolz).

i’d say dont give up on bloom just because halo reach EPIC FAILED with it.

tbh i could care less which is implemented, just as long as the person who shoots technically better, or more optimally, wins 100% of the time (oh, and hitscan is also mandatory too IMO).

> > Just remove the bloom already NOBODY likes it.
>
> i disagree. i like the idea of bloom. it does everything non bloom does, plus adds skill gap and depth (if implemented properly, reach is a terrible example lol).
>
> it doesnt even have to slow down kill times either, all of that can be tweaked to perfection.
>
> im all for adding skill gap, thats what halo has always had, and thats what halo needs right now. this seems like a good area to add it in (since god knows we’ll never get the h2 double shot back lolz).
>
> i’d say dont give up on bloom just because halo reach EPIC FAILED with it.
>
> tbh i could care less which is implemented, just as long as the person who shoots technically better, or more optimally, wins 100% of the time (oh, and hitscan is also mandatory too IMO).

FPS’s like Halo should not have bloom on precision weapons. Leave that for the games like COD that need them due to the super fast kill times to create a skill gap. We have these things called SHIELDS in Halo that already make kill times long, we dont need to slow the game down anymore or its just boring and not competitve.

USE RECOIL like on the Halo 2 SMG NOT Bloom, Halo cannot have bloom on precision weapons it just doesnt work in the game.

> > Just remove the bloom already NOBODY likes it.
>
> i disagree. i like the idea of bloom. it does everything non bloom does, plus adds skill gap and depth (if implemented properly, reach is a terrible example lol).
>
> it doesnt even have to slow down kill times either, all of that can be tweaked to perfection.
>
> im all for adding skill gap, thats what halo has always had, and thats what halo needs right now. this seems like a good area to add it in (since god knows we’ll never get the h2 double shot back lolz).
>
> i’d say dont give up on bloom just because halo reach EPIC FAILED with it.
>
> tbh i could care less which is implemented, just as long as the person who shoots technically better, or more optimally, wins 100% of the time (oh, and hitscan is also mandatory too IMO).

Well, that’s just you :wink:

> > > Just remove the bloom already NOBODY likes it.
> >
> > i disagree. i like the idea of bloom. it does everything non bloom does, plus adds skill gap and depth (if implemented properly, reach is a terrible example lol).
> >
> > it doesnt even have to slow down kill times either, all of that can be tweaked to perfection.
> >
> > im all for adding skill gap, thats what halo has always had, and thats what halo needs right now. this seems like a good area to add it in (since god knows we’ll never get the h2 double shot back lolz).
> >
> > i’d say dont give up on bloom just because halo reach EPIC FAILED with it.
> >
> > tbh i could care less which is implemented, just as long as the person who shoots technically better, or more optimally, wins 100% of the time (oh, and hitscan is also mandatory too IMO).
>
> FPS’s like Halo should not have bloom on precision weapons. Leave that for the games like COD that need them due to the super fast kill times to create a skill gap. We have these things called SHIELDS in Halo that already make kill times long, we dont need to slow the game down anymore or its just boring and not competitve.
>
> USE RECOIL like on the Halo 2 SMG NOT Bloom, Halo cannot have bloom on precision weapons it just doesnt work in the game.

it absolutely can work, and it absolutely does NOT have to reduce the time it takes to kill someone, or slow the game down. a number of different tweaks can be done to make bloom add more skill gap and depth to halo, and i cant see how this is a bad thing, especially for players who are already good at halo to begin with.

to better explain myself, heres a list of pros and cons for bloom vs no bloom vs recoil.

[ + is PROS ] [ - is CONS ]

Bloom (updated so spamming NEVER WINS)

  • Added skill gap
  • Added depth
  • Something extra to keep track of (multitasking, keeping control of your rate of fire while you do the other things you would normally be doing to out play people)
  • You have to learn it (added learning curve? iuno lol)
  • Newer players will spam unless they arent told to not spam (easy fix that can be solved in the loading screens or even in an instructional video that players have to watch before playing)

No Bloom

  • Straight forward
  • Easy for new players
  • No added skill gap
  • No added depth

With Recoil

  • added skill gap
  • added depth
  • you have to learn to control your aim and rate of fire based on how much it makes the gun jump around
  • have to constantly re-fix your aim (seems like a con to me…)
  • harder on new players
    (honestly i think bloom is infinitely better than recoil, it certainly would feel more ‘clean’ since you dont have to do -Yoink!- things like constantly aim and press down on your aiming stick or shoot slower because of how much recoil it has, the first being more of a concern).

feel free to add any more pros and cons. i strongly feel like the pros for having bloom vastly outweigh the cons.

again, dont get me wrong, i could really care less so long as the person who shoots better wins, i’d just rather have more skill gap included in the shooting area, and this is the most straight forward way to do it IMO.

How can you have bloom that doesnt slow the game down? With correctly implemented bloom you have to TIME your shots so how can it not slow the game down?

Unlike bloom, with recoil you 100 percent control the outcome of whether you win the battle and the game will not be slowed down.

I am sorry but I am not going through Reach v2 with Halo 4 again where some dude gets luckier with the bloom and kills me because of it.

Maybe fix the current bloom on the DMR for Reach and ill be more open-minded to it, but right now I am anti-bloom for Halo for a good number of reasons.

> (not a single person is thinking, YES! my flawless cadence, first shot, and perfect accuracy got beat by someone mashing his R trigger and aiming with a watermelon!

That’s the biggest problem. The player that lost the DMR dual always thinks he had the better aim and the more appropriate style of pacing, so he rages. Blaming bloom for his downfall. It’s not bloom’s fault he lost, it’s his lack of skill.

Altogether you’ve got 4,444 kills with the DMR (nice number). This isn’t including campaign, firefight or customs. I’ve got 7,855. What I’m trying to say is that I’ve got more experience with the weapon, and it’s not nearly as random as you think or make it out to be.

The better player will always win during a 1v1 encounter. It’s not a 50/50 throw up like you say, well, it might be if both players have perfect aim and spamming at the same rate, but this scenario will never happen under normal circumstances (might happen if they’re using mods, aka, aimbots to get that perfect accuracy). However, in this scenario it’s also a 50/50 throw up in Halo 3, Halo 2 and CE, too.

You just haven’t mastered the weapon and you’re blaming your lose on bloom. It’s easy to shift the blame onto other things. Suck it up and get better. You’ll never see a patch that ‘fixes’ bloom because it’s not broken and I doubt you’ll ever see another incarnation of bloom in the Halo series because a lot of player have shown distaste for the addition (me being one of them, but not because I think it’s random, it’s just a feature I don’t like). Plus it wouldn’t make sense to have bloom in Halo 4. We’re playing the role of MC again, and it’d be truly odd if he was victim of bloom whilst being immune to it in all the other games.

> The better player will always win during a 1v1 encounter. It’s not a 50/50 throw up like you say, well, it might be if both players have perfect aim and spamming at the same rate, but this scenario will never happen under normal circumstances (might happen if they’re using mods, aka, aimbots to get that perfect accuracy).

Ummm…The only maps where the DMR bloom works is huge maps it actually increases the skill gap there. The DMR has proven to be a inconsistant weapon by many tests, and it does have a significant luck factor.On small-medium maps most people are spamming alot more then pacing therefore the luck factor will determine many of the battles. The NR is the superior competitve weapon to the DMR with its bloom that encourages spamming and coin-toss battles.

> > The better player will always win during a 1v1 encounter. It’s not a 50/50 throw up like you say, well, it might be if both players have perfect aim and spamming at the same rate, but this scenario will never happen under normal circumstances (might happen if they’re using mods, aka, aimbots to get that perfect accuracy).
>
> Ummm…The only maps where the DMR bloom works is huge maps it actually increases the skill gap there. The DMR has proven to be a inconsistant weapon by many tests, and it does have a significant luck factor.On small-medium maps most people are spamming alot more then pacing therefore the luck factor will determine many of the battles. The NR is the superior competitve weapon to the DMR with its bloom that encourages spamming and coin-toss battles.

Proven by tests? Ha! Those tests where both players are standing perfectly still and aiming at one point on the body for the whole time hardly count as tests. They don’t represent real in-game scenarios.

I could set up a ‘test’ in Halo 3 and have both players standing at medium range. The BR’s reticule will be placed over the head and body. Sometimes I’ll kill in 4 shots, other times I won’t. You could say the BR was a 50/50 toss up, too. If you want to use such tests.

Combined with strafing a pacer will out DMR spammers on medium sized maps. And the NR is a lot easier to use than the DMR, it also has a longer kill time so I doubt it’s ever going to be picked up by competitive players. The DMR will remain the go to weapon.

> How can you have bloom that doesnt slow the game down? With correctly implemented bloom you have to TIME your shots so how can it not slow the game down?

that part is easy! just pick a kill time that you want, for optimal shooting, then divide it up among the number of shots you want to kill the person (4 shot kill, or 5 shot kill), then go from there with how fast spamming is, etc. its not hard to do at all, trust me.

> Unlike bloom, with recoil you 100 percent control the outcome of whether you win the battle and the game will not be slowed down.

you can control the outcome of the battle with bloom implemented properly, i assure you. the difference is, you dont have to aim off target, you simply have to pace your shots, or use a cadence thats not full auto spamming.

> I am sorry but I am not going through Reach v2 with Halo 4 again where some dude gets luckier with the bloom and kills me because of it.

absolutely. im 100% with you here. if bloom is implemented to have any random factor in it where you can spam your shots and win, the game will be terrible just like reach is IMO.

> Maybe fix the current bloom on the DMR for Reach and ill be more open-minded to it, but right now I am anti-bloom for Halo for a good number of reasons.

yep, thats what we need. a massive fix to bloom. cross your fingers and i’ll cross mine XD

> That’s the biggest problem. The player that lost the DMR dual always thinks he had the better aim and the more appropriate style of pacing, so he rages. Blaming bloom for his downfall. It’s not bloom’s fault he lost, it’s his lack of skill.

my example was shooting DMR vs DMR only (meaning no outside factors like terrain, etc. just 2 people, 2 DMRs, and the floor, at mid range which i consider to be the length of the gap at the top of countdown). when you lose with the first shot, flawless cadence, and perfect accuracy, at mid range to someone mashing his R trigger its blooms fault, its not me getting outplayed, or having a lacking in skill.

> Altogether you’ve got 4,444 kills with the DMR (nice number). This isn’t including campaign, firefight or customs. I’ve got 7,855. What I’m trying to say is that I’ve got more experience with the weapon, and it’s not nearly as random as you think or make it out to be.

the # of kills you have is irrelevant with the DMR. i could care less if you have 200000000 kills with it. i am a halo veteran, and ive seen the randomness in bloom first hand. it is the primary reason why i dont like the game. i know the perfect cadence, i can see when i hit people, and i can tell how fast people are shooting at me based on their weapon sound, etc. i know when people are spamming. also, in the competitive playlist (the playlist we both frequent), i have a higher KD with said weapon which would suggest i actually know how to use said weapon better than you do, but it could just mean im doing other things better than you and this statistic is completely irrelevant, just like the # of kills you have with the DMR is.

> The better player will always win during a 1v1 encounter.

this is 100% false. first of all the better player doesnt win 100%, ever. they can always get out shot by someone technically ‘worse’ than them. im assuming you meant the person who shoots better, but worded it improperly, but thats also false. spamming beats pacing, thats just facts. you literally cannot debate this, at all. you are flat out wrong, and almost anyone will tell you that, and if they arent telling you that, they are just as wrong as you are.

> It’s not a 50/50 throw up like you say, well, it might be if both players have perfect aim and spamming at the same rate, but this scenario will never happen under normal circumstances (might happen if they’re using mods, aka, aimbots to get that perfect accuracy).

the 50/50 scenario is close range, where spamming is optimal, and the first person to land 4 hits wins (by following up with a headshot). it doesnt really matter which player is aiming better because they are aiming with a watermelon, where the bullets can travel anywhere within said watermelon. the only important shot is the headshot, which isnt hard at all considering the hitbox for the head is GINORMOUS as seen in this video.

> However, in this scenario it’s also a 50/50 throw up in Halo 3, Halo 2 and CE, too.

no, this 50/50 is absolutely not a throw up in halo 1, 2, and 3.

the person who shoots better on these games, wins, 100% of the time.

the only exceptions are as follows
-host advantage (boosting only 1 persons BR).
-bullet spread (tiny influence that effects all players the same), and with the pistol is only apparent at long range.
-when someone is holding down the trigger with their pistol in halo CE, whilst the other person is pulse firing (pressing the trigger for every shot), and even then, its nowhere near 50% chance that this person would have to win.

> [insert other shots at my skill level and how im failing and not bloom]

instead of taking shots at my skill level and how i couldnt possibly understand how bloom works, or couldnt possibly have mastered the DMR, why dont you take a look at my stats on halocharts. you will see that i am just as good as you are.

> Proven by tests? Ha! Those tests where both players are standing perfectly still and aiming at one point on the body for the whole time hardly count as tests. They don’t represent real in-game scenarios.

these tests mean a lot, actually. when you take away the things that literally dont make much difference at all, thats what you get. strafing plays very little part in halo reach for 2 reasons, and thus, can be ruled out as something reasonable you can use to remove said random factor:
1.) player speed is slow, so strafing does very little
2.) the person spamming is aiming with a WATERMELON, it is not hard to keep part of said WATERMELON on target, regardless of what kind of strafing you are using.

these tests prove that even with flawless accuracy by both parties, SPAMMING WILL STILL BEAT PACING. if you make the person who is pacing miss 1 shot (by including strafing that really only effects the person pacing since hes aiming with a small reticule), SPAMMING WILL BEAT PACING EVEN MORE.

> I could set up a ‘test’ in Halo 3 and have both players standing at medium range. The BR’s reticule will be placed over the head and body. Sometimes I’ll kill in 4 shots, other times I won’t. You could say the BR was a 50/50 toss up, too. If you want to use such tests.

and what would this test prove? nothing. the spread on the BR effects everyone EXACTLY THE SAME, whilst the random factor in the DMR comes from ONE SINGLE PERSON. fail argument is fail. as long as one of the 2 players doesnt have host, on halo 3, the person who shoots better wins. in halo reach this is not the case.

> > > The better player will always win during a 1v1 encounter. It’s not a 50/50 throw up like you say, well, it might be if both players have perfect aim and spamming at the same rate, but this scenario will never happen under normal circumstances (might happen if they’re using mods, aka, aimbots to get that perfect accuracy).
> >
> > Ummm…The only maps where the DMR bloom works is huge maps it actually increases the skill gap there. The DMR has proven to be a inconsistant weapon by many tests, and it does have a significant luck factor.On small-medium maps most people are spamming alot more then pacing therefore the luck factor will determine many of the battles. The NR is the superior competitve weapon to the DMR with its bloom that encourages spamming and coin-toss battles.
>
> Proven by tests? Ha! Those tests where both players are standing perfectly still and aiming at one point on the body for the whole time hardly count as tests. They don’t represent real in-game scenarios

Lol what? Thats the only way to test the consistency of the weapon, is to have a controlled test which many of done and have proved the DMR to be an incocnsistent weapon, and therfore that inconsistency will create a significant luck factor in gameplay.

The DMR is hitscan btw and people there are large hitboxes making spamming at close-mid range better then timing the tests have been done. That means when you fire the weapon its already determined whether you hit the enemy or not, thus making it be like if they were standing still.

As for comparing it to the H3 Br that isnt a good example they both had consistency issues.

The DMR just sucks for competitve gameplay with its current bloom and it makes for coin-toss battles which kills competitve gameplay.

Listen, I’m not taking pot-shots at your skill. I’m simply stating the truth. That is the more you’ve used a weapon the better understanding you have of that weapon. This applies to everything.

The player with the greater accuracy, even if the reticule is the size of a watermelon should theoretically win. If the player is in the center of the watermelon there’s a higher % of area to hit as opposed to someone who only has half the player in his watermelon sized reticule. Accuracy still comes into play.

And I was saying, under the same scenario as before, that being that both players have 100% perfect accuracy and are aiming at the same part of the body at all times as well as having the same set fire rate and firing at the same time it’ll be a 50/50 toss up regardless of what game you’re playing. You’re using the excuse that it’s a 50/50 toss up if both players have perfect accuracy in Reach and whatnot, but if we take this ‘excuse’ and put it in Halo 3, or any other Halo then is it not true that the outcome will also be random? As both players have perfect accuracy then there is no player with the greatest accuracy. So the ‘best’ player can’t win as both are the best. It’s a 50/50 toss up.

You know, that’s all I’m going to say regarding this issue. It’s a waste to say anymore. We’re not goign to change each others minds. Lastly, though, my spread with a DMR is +4152, yours is +2484. Make what you will with that. Oh, and I’ve been playing since CE, too. Where does that leave us, now?

Absolute last thing, saying things like, “when you lose with the first shot, flawless cadence, and perfect accuracy, at mid range to someone mashing his R trigger” is absolutely point less because no one has those traits.

> And I was saying, under the same scenario as before, that being that both players have 100% perfect accuracy and are aiming at the same part of the body at all times as well as having the same set fire rate and firing at the same time it’ll be a 50/50 toss up regardless of what game you’re playing.

Nope lol ,thats the problem with the DMR bloom its inconsistent and it creates for coin-toss battles based on luck IMO.

How do you not get this by now?

> > Proven by tests? Ha! Those tests where both players are standing perfectly still and aiming at one point on the body for the whole time hardly count as tests. They don’t represent real in-game scenarios.
>
> these tests mean a lot, actually. when you take away the things that literally dont make much difference at all, thats what you get. strafing plays very little part in halo reach for 2 reasons, and thus, can be ruled out as something reasonable you can use to remove said random factor:
> 1.) player speed is slow, so strafing does very little
> 2.) the person spamming is aiming with a WATERMELON, it is not hard to keep part of said WATERMELON on target, regardless of what kind of strafing you are using.
>
> these tests prove that even with flawless accuracy by both parties, SPAMMING WILL STILL BEAT PACING. if you make the person who is pacing miss 1 shot (by including strafing that really only effects the person pacing since hes aiming with a small reticule), SPAMMING WILL BEAT PACING EVEN MORE.
>
>
>
> > I could set up a ‘test’ in Halo 3 and have both players standing at medium range. The BR’s reticule will be placed over the head and body. Sometimes I’ll kill in 4 shots, other times I won’t. You could say the BR was a 50/50 toss up, too. If you want to use such tests.
>
> and what would this test prove? nothing. the spread on the BR effects everyone EXACTLY THE SAME, whilst the random factor in the DMR comes from ONE SINGLE PERSON. fail argument is fail. as long as one of the 2 players doesnt have host, on halo 3, the person who shoots better wins. in halo reach this is not the case.

sigh
If you think strafing in Reach does very little…

The spread on the BR was random, I don’t know how you don’t already know this.

All I’m seeing from this thread are people that thought they were good at Halo 3/2 and expect to be good at Reach too. It doesn’t work like that. Reach is different, and you’re not necessarily going to be as good as you were in 3/2. You people don’t know how to play the game. What can I say, practice makes perfect, I guess. Get practicing.

> Listen, I’m not taking pot-shots at your skill. I’m simply stating the truth. That is the more you’ve used a weapon the better understanding you have of that weapon. This applies to everything.

im glad you cleared that up.

and thats not the truth at all. it doesnt take 1000 kills to see that the DMR is random when 1 person is spamming, out to a bit past mid range, past that 1000 kills, you dont gain more insight on the same fact. the more you use something the better your understanding of it does not apply to everything. you can play tic tac toe 10 times then see that its a tie game every single time when both people know the optimal moves. after 1000 times playing tic tac toe that will still be true.

> The player with the greater accuracy, even if the reticule is the size of a watermelon should theoretically win. If the player is in the center of the watermelon there’s a higher % of area to hit as opposed to someone who only has half the player in his watermelon sized reticule. Accuracy still comes into play.

accuracy was never the point, cadence was.

> And I was saying, under the same scenario as before, that being that both players have 100% perfect accuracy and are aiming at the same part of the body at all times as well as having the same set fire rate and firing at the same time it’ll be a 50/50 toss up regardless of what game you’re playing.

you are still talking about both players pacing with a cadence. im talking about ONE person pacing with a cadence, and the other person full auto spamming.

> You’re using the excuse that it’s a 50/50 toss up if both players have perfect accuracy in Reach and whatnot, but if we take this ‘excuse’ and put it in Halo 3, or any other Halo then is it not true that the outcome will also be random? As both players have perfect accuracy then there is no player with the greatest accuracy. So the ‘best’ player can’t win as both are the best. It’s a 50/50 toss up.

i honestly cannot believe this is so hard for you to understand.

2 players see each other, with no outside factors (grenades, terrain, anything), at CLOSE RANGE.

both players spam because thats the optimal way of firing.

both players also know that once they get the 4th hit, they should slow down their shooting and get a headshot to finish.

if they both shoot at each other with 100% accuracy (center mass), who will win?

if 1 player shoots with 100% accuracy (center mass), and the other person shoots with less accuracy, aiming for the left side, who will win?

understand now? it doesnt really matter who aims better because both players are aiming with WATERMELONS that the BULLETS CAN TRAVEL ANYWHERE WITHIN. if 1 player has, say, 75% of his reticule covering his target, while the other person has a bit more with 80% covering his target, there is literally no way of telling who will win. the result is 100% random. 50/50 (provided both players can get a headshot when they need to).

> You know, that’s all I’m going to say regarding this issue. It’s a waste to say anymore. We’re not goign to change each others minds.

yea, good luck debating against facts in your future. telling experienced halo players the DMR isnt random is like telling an astronomer the earth is bigger than the sun. it simply isnt true.

> my spread with a DMR is +4152, yours is +2484. Make what you will with that.

spread means literally nothing. youve used the DMR more, so your spread is higher.

> Absolute last thing, saying things like, “when you lose with the first shot, flawless cadence, and perfect accuracy, at mid range to someone mashing his R trigger” is absolutely point less because no one has those traits.

THATS THE ENTIRE POINT IM TRYING TO MAKE.

even if you DO have the traits in order to have flawless aim (cadence is easy), and get the first shot, you WILL STILL LOSE to spamming. if you miss 1 or 2 shots SPAMMING WINS EVEN MORE, making the game MORE random.

> The spread on the BR was random, I don’t know how you don’t already know this.

the spread on the BR is random for EVERYONE. the random factor in the DMR is only apparent when ONE person is spamming (which isnt you unless its mid range, where spamming is optimal, and its a coin flip battle).

its very clear you have no intention of understanding or comprehending what myself and TTRESS are trying to say, i already said this before.

In Halo: CE, Halo2 and Halo3, no amount of pacing will increase the precision of my weapons.

The Pistol in CE can kill in 3 shots, but as stated many times by IQ and others that seem to feel the DMR bloom adds a sense of randomness, the Pistol usually takes 4-6 shots to get a kill outside of short-range. 4 at medium, 5-6 at medium long.
No amount of pacing will change this.
If two players decided to engage each other at range, and if all other things are equal, neither player is known to win. It is completely random as to who gets their 3 shots to land (out of how many fired), even with perfect aim. This is the true coin toss scenario as there is no control.
The other effect is that as range increases, so does kill time as the Pistol is more likely to miss as the range increases.

In Reach, the DMR kills in 5 shots. It WILL kill in 5 shots at long range if the shots are paced. It WILL kill in 5 shots if paced, but not as slow, at medium range. If I pace my shots, I get to hit every hit. The effect is kill times increase as range increases. Firing too fast for range will induce the coin toss effect.
I cannot be given control AND have things made more random for me.

Unlike the BRs or Pistol of yestergames. No amount of pacing or aim control will increase their precision at longer-ranges. The Pistol is a 3-shot, the BRs 4-shots. At longer ranges, it takes more shots to be fired than required to kill. With the DMR, no matter the range, you always have control as to how much precision you have. You control whether you miss, not the static reticle itself.

Now for balance reasons, if a full-auto is to loose precision with sustained fire, a semi-auto must loose precision with rapid-firing. That is called balance.

Semis already have the advantage of being headshot capable. IF semis are to loose their precision-balance, then full-autos must also loose their precision balance.

It is outright sandbox cheating and a sign of a lack of gaming experience to want precision weapons to be headshot capable and not loose any precision with rapid-firing, yet want full-autos to not be headshot capable AND loose precision with sustained fire (power weapon philosophy aside).

Bloom is terrible and everyone knows it.