Is Achilles Like Recon?

Is earning achilles like getting recon in h3

In a way, yes but not really. Since Recon back in the day was given to you by Bungie if you did something special with/for Halo so you couldn’t necessarily earn it by playing/grinding. Its the closest thing H5 has to Recon though.

> 2533274796134964;2:
> In a way, yes but not really. Since Recon back in the day was given to you by Bungie if you did something special with/for Halo so you couldn’t necessarily earn it by playing/grinding. Its the closest thing H5 has to Recon though.

I thought you could eventually get Recon from the vid master achievements? It was given out by Bungie for the first year and then it became unlockable through those?

I would say not even close since one is earned through a grind and the other an achievement. Also I sure hope they don’t give out the Achilles armor after a while, to everyone, like they did with the Recon armor.

No.

Recon required you and a group of people to pass through a series of difficult achievements or do something positive in the Halo community, whilst Achilles is just you and a group of players playing the game for a long time, and for some of those players that time is spent decorating the enemy teams homebase with bullets.

> 2614366390849210;3:
> > 2533274796134964;2:
> > In a way, yes but not really. Since Recon back in the day was given to you by Bungie if you did something special with/for Halo so you couldn’t necessarily earn it by playing/grinding. Its the closest thing H5 has to Recon though.
>
> I thought you could eventually get Recon from the vid master achievements? It was given out by Bungie for the first year and then it became unlockable through those?

It used to be given out to the special few that proved themselves, but then Bungie made it worth less by making it available through VidMaster achievements (which I laugh at, people think they ‘earned’ Recon but in fact they really did not)… and then they made it worthless by making it available to everyone after the switchoff to 343.

> 2533274837720524;6:
> > 2614366390849210;3:
> > > 2533274796134964;2:
> > > In a way, yes but not really. Since Recon back in the day was given to you by Bungie if you did something special with/for Halo so you couldn’t necessarily earn it by playing/grinding. Its the closest thing H5 has to Recon though.
> >
> > I thought you could eventually get Recon from the vid master achievements? It was given out by Bungie for the first year and then it became unlockable through those?
>
> It used to be given out to the special few that proved themselves, but then Bungie made it worth less by making it available through VidMaster achievements (which I laugh at, people think they ‘earned’ Recon but in fact they really did not)… and then they made it worthless by making it available to everyone after the switchoff to 343.

And then of course it showed up in Reach as standard armor and everyone wore it…even though it wasn’t even that cool looking.

Achilles requires patience not skill
Recon requires skill not patience

If you mean everyone who has it thinks they are the best, then yes.