Is a patch that adds Splitscreen possible?

This is not another “we want splitscreen” thread before you say something, this is just a simple question that’s been stuck in my head for ages. I want to know the answer so that my mind can be finally be at rest. Is it at all, in any way, possible to release a patch for the game that adds splitscreen and offline playability? ARK: Survival Evolved did it, so I’m thinking maybe it’s possible with this game. It’s such a shame that this game has so much awesome stuff that we can’t even enjoy offline. In fact, it’s hard for me to enjoy the game at all, or even play it because I get kicked out of everything due to the server issues. It’s very inconvenient that the entire game relies on servers that can be unreliable at times to be completely honest.

So, is it possible? Please answer 343i, because this is one of those times where communication is very important. I also would like to hear what the rest of the community thinks about this!

Possible? yes. But many things are possible and not done.
Likely? No. It’s been well over 6 months and we still have “should have been in at launch” content, so there’s that to consider.

> 2533274909139271;2:
> Possible? yes. But many things are possible and not done.
> Likely? No. It’s been well over 6 months and we still have “should have been in at launch” content, so there’s that to consider.

If splitscreen is possible, it’s very important that it’s done.

If they aren’t going to do it by now, then chances are it’s never going to come.

Especially considering that that means 343i is basically admitting that they could have patch in Splitscreen whenever they wanted, and it wasn’t a design choice or due to the engine, which only leads to backlash and more people complaining that it wasn’t here at launch.

> 2533274833081329;4:
> If they aren’t going to do it by now, then chances are it’s never going to come.
>
> Especially considering that that means 343i is basically admitting that they could have patch in Splitscreen whenever they wanted, and it wasn’t a design choice or due to the engine, which only leads to backlash and more people complaining that it wasn’t here at launch.

Not implementing a feature because fans would complain about it is the dumbest reason to withhold content.

Considering H6 hasn’t been announced it seems H5’s lifecycle is longer than expected. Maybe the engine “mechanics” at 343i might find a way to implement split screen. I’m hoping for it, but I get no promises have been made.

> 2717573882290912;5:
> > 2533274833081329;4:
> > If they aren’t going to do it by now, then chances are it’s never going to come.
> >
> > Especially considering that that means 343i is basically admitting that they could have patch in Splitscreen whenever they wanted, and it wasn’t a design choice or due to the engine, which only leads to backlash and more people complaining that it wasn’t here at launch.
>
>
> Not implementing a feature because fans would complain about it is the dumbest reason to withhold content.
>
> Considering H6 hasn’t been announced it seems H5’s lifecycle is longer than expected. Maybe the engine “mechanics” at 343i might find a way to implement split screen. I’m hoping for it, but I get no promises have been made.

it IS a bad reason to withhold content, but you already have members on record saying why Halo 5 doesn’t have Splitscreen. The last thing you need is negative PR and very clear backlash from this.

The only thing that will bring Halo 5 on splitscreen is the Scorpio which is next year.

> 2535409489305717;7:
> The only thing that will bring Halo 5 on splitscreen is the Scorpio which is next year.

Are you seriously saying we’ll need a 4K-capable 1,500$ console to play a simple game such as Halo 5 in splitscreen?
Do you console gamers even math? Because Halo 5’s graphics aren’t even close to being impressive most of the time when playing.

> 2533274812698627;8:
> > 2535409489305717;7:
> > The only thing that will bring Halo 5 on splitscreen is the Scorpio which is next year.
>
>
> Are you seriously saying we’ll need a 4K-capable 1,500$ console to play a simple game such as Halo 5 in splitscreen?
> Do you console gamers even math? Because Halo 5’s graphics aren’t even close to being impressive most of the time when playing.

No I meant the POWER OF THE SCORPIO since being 6 teraflops.

> 2535409489305717;9:
> > 2533274812698627;8:
> > > 2535409489305717;7:
> > > The only thing that will bring Halo 5 on splitscreen is the Scorpio which is next year.
> >
> >
> > Are you seriously saying we’ll need a 4K-capable 1,500$ console to play a simple game such as Halo 5 in splitscreen?
> > Do you console gamers even math? Because Halo 5’s graphics aren’t even close to being impressive most of the time when playing.
>
>
> No I meant the POWER OF THE SCORPIO since being 6 teraflops.

Plus we they said it might be around the 400-500$ range guessing so all people can buy it.

> 2535409489305717;9:
> > 2533274812698627;8:
> > > 2535409489305717;7:
> > > The only thing that will bring Halo 5 on splitscreen is the Scorpio which is next year.
> >
> >
> > Are you seriously saying we’ll need a 4K-capable 1,500$ console to play a simple game such as Halo 5 in splitscreen?
> > Do you console gamers even math? Because Halo 5’s graphics aren’t even close to being impressive most of the time when playing.
>
>
> No I meant the POWER OF THE SCORPIO since being 6 teraflops.

Again, the original Xbox One runs at 1.36 Tflops, do you think you’d need 6 to run Halo 5 in splitscreen?

> 2535409489305717;10:
> > 2535409489305717;9:
> > > 2533274812698627;8:
> > > > 2535409489305717;7:
> > > > The only thing that will bring Halo 5 on splitscreen is the Scorpio which is next year.
> > >
> > >
> > > Are you seriously saying we’ll need a 4K-capable 1,500$ console to play a simple game such as Halo 5 in splitscreen?
> > > Do you console gamers even math? Because Halo 5’s graphics aren’t even close to being impressive most of the time when playing.
> >
> >
> > No I meant the POWER OF THE SCORPIO since being 6 teraflops.
>
>
> Plus we they said it might be around the 400-500$ range guessing so all people can buy it.

buahahahaha, where did you read that?! Seriously. My 1,600$ PC can play almost all games at 4K except for The Witcher 3 and it has 5 teraflops, so make the calc.

> 2533274812698627;11:
> > 2535409489305717;9:
> > > 2533274812698627;8:
> > > > 2535409489305717;7:
> > > > The only thing that will bring Halo 5 on splitscreen is the Scorpio which is next year.
> > >
> > >
> > > Are you seriously saying we’ll need a 4K-capable 1,500$ console to play a simple game such as Halo 5 in splitscreen?
> > > Do you console gamers even math? Because Halo 5’s graphics aren’t even close to being impressive most of the time when playing.
> >
> >
> > No I meant the POWER OF THE SCORPIO since being 6 teraflops.
>
>
> Again, the original Xbox One runs at 1.36 Tflops, do you think you’d need 6 to run Halo 5 in splitscreen?

It has more than enough power to keep 60fps to have split screen.

> 2535409489305717;13:
> > 2533274812698627;11:
> > > 2535409489305717;9:
> > > > 2533274812698627;8:
> > > > > 2535409489305717;7:
> > > > > The only thing that will bring Halo 5 on splitscreen is the Scorpio which is next year.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Are you seriously saying we’ll need a 4K-capable 1,500$ console to play a simple game such as Halo 5 in splitscreen?
> > > > Do you console gamers even math? Because Halo 5’s graphics aren’t even close to being impressive most of the time when playing.
> > >
> > >
> > > No I meant the POWER OF THE SCORPIO since being 6 teraflops.
> >
> >
> > Again, the original Xbox One runs at 1.36 Tflops, do you think you’d need 6 to run Halo 5 in splitscreen?
>
>
> It has more than enough power to keep 60fps to have split screen.

It’d have enough power to run Halo 5 at splitscreen for two VR players at 4K, play Crysis 3 at the same time, and hack into the pentagon without getting past 60ºC in the GPU.

> 2533274812698627;12:
> > 2535409489305717;10:
> > > 2535409489305717;9:
> > > > 2533274812698627;8:
> > > > > 2535409489305717;7:
> > > > > The only thing that will bring Halo 5 on splitscreen is the Scorpio which is next year.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Are you seriously saying we’ll need a 4K-capable 1,500$ console to play a simple game such as Halo 5 in splitscreen?
> > > > Do you console gamers even math? Because Halo 5’s graphics aren’t even close to being impressive most of the time when playing.
> > >
> > >
> > > No I meant the POWER OF THE SCORPIO since being 6 teraflops.
> >
> >
> > Plus we they said it might be around the 400-500$ range guessing so all people can buy it.
>
>
> buahahahaha, where did you read that?! Seriously. My 1,600$ PC can play almost all games at 4K except for The Witcher 3 and it has 5 teraflops, so make the calc.

Yeah PC but were not talking about PC, we’re talking about the Scorpio and the future of halo split screen.

> 2535409489305717;15:
> > 2533274812698627;12:
> > > 2535409489305717;10:
> > > > 2535409489305717;9:
> > > > > 2533274812698627;8:
> > > > > > 2535409489305717;7:
> > > > > > The only thing that will bring Halo 5 on splitscreen is the Scorpio which is next year.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Are you seriously saying we’ll need a 4K-capable 1,500$ console to play a simple game such as Halo 5 in splitscreen?
> > > > > Do you console gamers even math? Because Halo 5’s graphics aren’t even close to being impressive most of the time when playing.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > No I meant the POWER OF THE SCORPIO since being 6 teraflops.
> > >
> > >
> > > Plus we they said it might be around the 400-500$ range guessing so all people can buy it.
> >
> >
> > buahahahaha, where did you read that?! Seriously. My 1,600$ PC can play almost all games at 4K except for The Witcher 3 and it has 5 teraflops, so make the calc.
>
>
> Yeah PC but were not talking about PC, we’re talking about the Scorpio and the future of halo split screen.

You… you do realize consoles are nothing but entry-level PCs with some exclusives, right? The same rules apply. And I can’t see why the -Yoink- do you think they’d make Halo 5 split screen playable on the Scorpio or why do you think we’d need some beast of the same potential as the Scorpio to pull it off. As if splitscreen was that demanding, when it is not.

> 2533274812698627;16:
> > 2535409489305717;15:
> > > 2533274812698627;12:
> > > > 2535409489305717;10:
> > > > > 2535409489305717;9:
> > > > > > 2533274812698627;8:
> > > > > > > 2535409489305717;7:
> > > > > > > The only thing that will bring Halo 5 on splitscreen is the Scorpio which is next year.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Are you seriously saying we’ll need a 4K-capable 1,500$ console to play a simple game such as Halo 5 in splitscreen?
> > > > > > Do you console gamers even math? Because Halo 5’s graphics aren’t even close to being impressive most of the time when playing.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > No I meant the POWER OF THE SCORPIO since being 6 teraflops.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Plus we they said it might be around the 400-500$ range guessing so all people can buy it.
> > >
> > >
> > > buahahahaha, where did you read that?! Seriously. My 1,600$ PC can play almost all games at 4K except for The Witcher 3 and it has 5 teraflops, so make the calc.
> >
> >
> > Yeah PC but were not talking about PC, we’re talking about the Scorpio and the future of halo split screen.
>
>
> You… you do realize consoles are nothing but entry-level PCs with some exclusives, right? The same rules apply. And I can’t see why the -Yoink- do you think they’d make Halo 5 playable on the Scorpio or why do you think we’d need some beast of the same potential as the Scorpio to pull it off.

Well really, the original Xbox did not have the hardware to be very powerful and community did not like that so Xbox has been trying to make a Xbox made by the fans to be powerful, faster and possibly smaller.

> 2535409489305717;17:
> > 2533274812698627;16:
> > > 2535409489305717;15:
> > > > 2533274812698627;12:
> > > > > 2535409489305717;10:
> > > > > > 2535409489305717;9:
> > > > > > > 2533274812698627;8:
> > > > > > > > 2535409489305717;7:
> > > > > > > > The only thing that will bring Halo 5 on splitscreen is the Scorpio which is next year.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Are you seriously saying we’ll need a 4K-capable 1,500$ console to play a simple game such as Halo 5 in splitscreen?
> > > > > > > Do you console gamers even math? Because Halo 5’s graphics aren’t even close to being impressive most of the time when playing.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > No I meant the POWER OF THE SCORPIO since being 6 teraflops.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Plus we they said it might be around the 400-500$ range guessing so all people can buy it.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > buahahahaha, where did you read that?! Seriously. My 1,600$ PC can play almost all games at 4K except for The Witcher 3 and it has 5 teraflops, so make the calc.
> > >
> > >
> > > Yeah PC but were not talking about PC, we’re talking about the Scorpio and the future of halo split screen.
> >
> >
> > You… you do realize consoles are nothing but entry-level PCs with some exclusives, right? The same rules apply. And I can’t see why the -Yoink- do you think they’d make Halo 5 playable on the Scorpio or why do you think we’d need some beast of the same potential as the Scorpio to pull it off.
>
>
> Well really, the original Xbox did not have the hardware to be very powerful and community did not like that so Xbox has been trying to make a Xbox made by the fans to be powerful, faster and possibly smaller.

Both consoles are a joke, if they are making the Scorpio, it’s to promote the idea that Xbox will be turned into a platform (with ALL games coming to Xbox One, Xbox One S, Scorpio and PC).

And how many tflops do you need to run Halo 5 in split screen? And you think 343I would even think of updating the game for the Scorpio so it can be done? No.
Besides, they said it was some engine issue -Yoink- which was to fault for the lack of splitscreen.

> 2533274812698627;18:
> > 2535409489305717;17:
> > > 2533274812698627;16:
> > > > 2535409489305717;15:
> > > > > 2533274812698627;12:
> > > > > > 2535409489305717;10:
> > > > > > > 2535409489305717;9:
> > > > > > > > 2533274812698627;8:
> > > > > > > > > 2535409489305717;7:
> > > > > > > > > The only thing that will bring Halo 5 on splitscreen is the Scorpio which is next year.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Are you seriously saying we’ll need a 4K-capable 1,500$ console to play a simple game such as Halo 5 in splitscreen?
> > > > > > > > Do you console gamers even math? Because Halo 5’s graphics aren’t even close to being impressive most of the time when playing.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > No I meant the POWER OF THE SCORPIO since being 6 teraflops.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Plus we they said it might be around the 400-500$ range guessing so all people can buy it.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > buahahahaha, where did you read that?! Seriously. My 1,600$ PC can play almost all games at 4K except for The Witcher 3 and it has 5 teraflops, so make the calc.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Yeah PC but were not talking about PC, we’re talking about the Scorpio and the future of halo split screen.
> > >
> > >
> > > You… you do realize consoles are nothing but entry-level PCs with some exclusives, right? The same rules apply. And I can’t see why the -Yoink- do you think they’d make Halo 5 playable on the Scorpio or why do you think we’d need some beast of the same potential as the Scorpio to pull it off.
> >
> >
> > Well really, the original Xbox did not have the hardware to be very powerful and community did not like that so Xbox has been trying to make a Xbox made by the fans to be powerful, faster and possibly smaller.
>
>
> Both consoles are a joke, if they are making the Scorpio, it’s to promote the idea that Xbox will be turned into a platform (with ALL games coming to Xbox One, Xbox One S, Scorpio and PC).
>
> And how many tflops do you need to run Halo 5 in split screen? And you think 343I would even think of updating the game for the Scorpio so it can be done? No.
> Besides, they said it was some engine issue -Yoink- which was to fault for the lack of splitscreen.

Then they might have to make a brand new game engine.

> 2535409489305717;19:
> > 2533274812698627;18:
> > > 2535409489305717;17:
> > > > 2533274812698627;16:
> > > > > 2535409489305717;15:
> > > > > > 2533274812698627;12:
> > > > > > > 2535409489305717;10:
> > > > > > > > 2535409489305717;9:
> > > > > > > > > 2533274812698627;8:
> > > > > > > > > > 2535409489305717;7:
> > > > > > > > > > The only thing that will bring Halo 5 on splitscreen is the Scorpio which is next year.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Are you seriously saying we’ll need a 4K-capable 1,500$ console to play a simple game such as Halo 5 in splitscreen?
> > > > > > > > > Do you console gamers even math? Because Halo 5’s graphics aren’t even close to being impressive most of the time when playing.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > No I meant the POWER OF THE SCORPIO since being 6 teraflops.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Plus we they said it might be around the 400-500$ range guessing so all people can buy it.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > buahahahaha, where did you read that?! Seriously. My 1,600$ PC can play almost all games at 4K except for The Witcher 3 and it has 5 teraflops, so make the calc.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Yeah PC but were not talking about PC, we’re talking about the Scorpio and the future of halo split screen.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > You… you do realize consoles are nothing but entry-level PCs with some exclusives, right? The same rules apply. And I can’t see why the -Yoink- do you think they’d make Halo 5 playable on the Scorpio or why do you think we’d need some beast of the same potential as the Scorpio to pull it off.
>
>
> Then they might have to make a brand new game engine.

You’re right when it comes to that.
Just realized that since they’ve been using the same engine since Halo 1… ee are talking about an engine which dates back to the time the first Deus Ex was being developed.