Is 343i Still Updating Reach?

Hi Everybody,

Disclaimer: I mean no disrespect at all to 343i, but I have some interesting points/questions.

Just got of off Reach earlier today; though the game is past its prime but it still doesn’t feel that old. Almost 20,000 players are still on its servers, beating out Halo 4’s population. So then, I ask you: is 343i still updating/monitoring Halo: Reach? Obviously there is still someone monitoring matchmaking but where are all the updates? Halo: Reach is still a well-populated and important game of the franchise. I understand that Halo 4 is getting most of the attention and is making the money for 343i, but why should Halo: Reach waste in ruin? Just a few days ago there was a challenge that involved bungie.net–WHAT?? I get the feeling that the game has not been updated in a while, and players would like a change. We don’t want groundbreaking new games or maps, but switching game modes and playlists around would help revitalize the game.

I have never worked in the video game industry, or ever probably will, but I was wondering what 343i has planned for Reach in the future. If there is nothing planned I would be disappointed, but would play the game nevertheless.

Thanks

343i hasn’t updated Reach in a long time; since before Halo 4 came out. They really should pay this game more attention. It gets more players every day than Halo 4, and people have been asking for some DLC playlists for a while now, but we’re constantly being ignored.

Unless they do something before Halo:MCC comes out, I think there’s no hope of ever getting an update for Halo:Reach.

No and they probably won’t, I think they dropped support for Reach the second Halo 4 was announced.

Yeah I think that it is really crappy of 343i to ignore Reach. Out of all Halo games it is my favorite now. It is very different but Bungie really did a good job on this game. The gameplay, the campaign the armor is all really good. The ranking system is fun and seems endless.

I really hope that they at least bring Halo: Reach to the Xbox One and upscale it to 60 fps like they are doing for Halo 3 or even better make an anniversary version of it. I think they should have cut out Halo 4 from the MCC and had Reach instead.

I really think it’s unfair Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach are being completely ignored from 343i when they are some of the best Halo games. All you have to do is look how more people play Reach than Halo 4.

Don’t ignore Reach 343i please bring it to the Xbox One. It is an amazing fun game that so many people enjoy.

> Yeah I think that it is really crappy of 343i to ignore Reach. Out of all Halo games it is my favorite now. It is very different but Bungie really did a good job on this game. The gameplay, the campaign the armor is all really good. The ranking system is fun and seems endless.
>
> I really hope that they at least bring Halo: Reach to the Xbox One and upscale it to 60 fps like they are doing for Halo 3 or even better make an anniversary version of it. I think they should have cut out Halo 4 from the MCC and had Reach instead.
>
> I really think it’s unfair Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach are being completely ignored from 343i when they are some of the best Halo games. All you have to do is look how more people play Reach than Halo 4.
>
> Don’t ignore Reach 343i please bring it to the Xbox One. It is an amazing fun game that so many people enjoy.

Why do people want HD remakes of HD games? Reach looks pretty great. There is absolutely no reason for an anniversary edition.

The whole point of the Master Chief Collection is to have the Master Chief’s story on Xbox One. Cutting out Halo 4 and/or adding Reach or ODST would make no sense.

> > Yeah I think that it is really crappy of 343i to ignore Reach. Out of all Halo games it is my favorite now. It is very different but Bungie really did a good job on this game. The gameplay, the campaign the armor is all really good. The ranking system is fun and seems endless.
> >
> > I really hope that they at least bring Halo: Reach to the Xbox One and upscale it to 60 fps like they are doing for Halo 3 or even better make an anniversary version of it. I think they should have cut out Halo 4 from the MCC and had Reach instead.
> >
> > I really think it’s unfair Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach are being completely ignored from 343i when they are some of the best Halo games. All you have to do is look how more people play Reach than Halo 4.
> >
> > Don’t ignore Reach 343i please bring it to the Xbox One. It is an amazing fun game that so many people enjoy.
>
> Why do people want HD remakes of HD games? Reach looks pretty great. There is absolutely no reason for an anniversary edition.
>
> The whole point of the Master Chief Collection is to have the Master Chief’s story on Xbox One. Cutting out Halo 4 and/or adding Reach or ODST would make no sense.

Because eventually the Reach population will be like Halo 3 which is also an HD game getting an HD upscale by the way and it is full of modders and cheaters, I said I’d be happy with an HD upscale for Reach.

I doubt the Reach population would increase all that much. It’s not as loved of a game as you seem to think.

Halo 3 is not getting an anniversary treatment, because it is already an HD game. It is getting a resolution upgrade, like everything else in the collection.

And you completely ignored the fact that the Master Chief Collection, as he name clarly implies, focuses on the Master Chief, which Reach does not.

Well I hope they will make a dedicated server for Reach and bring it to the Xbox one. I bet the population would be bigger than you seem to think.

> Because eventually the Reach population will be like Halo 3 which is also an HD game getting an HD upscale by the way and it is full of modders and cheaters, I said I’d be happy with an HD upscale for Reach.

Halo 3 was not fully HD. It was able to be upscaled to play in 720p or 1080p, but its actual native resolution was 1152×640. This is because Halo 3 uses two frame buffers instead of the usual one, so the lower resolution allowed Bungie to preserve as much of the dynamic range as possible for the game’s lighting without adversely affecting the frame rate.

Halo in it’s prime is Master Chief working with Cortana. Reach doesn’t necessarily involve Chief, but it involves bringing The Package (Cortana) to Captain Keyes, which Cortana ends up working with Chief throughout Halo’s 1,2,3 and 4. I can see not putting ODST in MCC, but not putting Reach in blows my mind. If Reach is in MCC, I will play that one first then continue on all the campaigns. What’s wrong with some story line, we hear Cortana saying to Chief a lot of times in Halo, things like “they choose me” “they” “They choose” “I Choose”, which Reach explains it. Cortana also says to John in Halo 1, “they tracked us all the way back from Reach.” I don’t know if anyone caught onto that or not. People say Bungie didn’t want to make Reach, my -Yoink!- they didn’t.

343i, I respect Halo 4, but yes Reach is getting more players than Halo 4 and has anyone checked up on Halo 3 lately? Last time I checked (few days ago) I saw 12,000 people online, 2000 more than Halo 4 usually. I’m not liking 343i idea’s, halo’s story should stay put. I will not look forward to Halo 5. I mean I guess they did continue the story, (involving Forerunners), which was mentioned in Halo 3’s campaign, but common I played Halo 4 on legendary and I didn’t feel that thrill I usually feel in Halo, for example Halo 2 that mission ‘Gravemind’ when they play Breaking Benjamin, blow me away. Halo 4 had nothing of the sort and it didn’t give me the goose bumps like Halo 2 did on that mission, from just how badass it was.

Anyways, I hope they remove halo 4 from MCC and put reach in behind Halo CE. I only replied to this topic when I heard someone say Reach doesn’t involve Chief because that’s kinda false.

I mean common 343i, you had the chance to make a badass entry into continuing Halo’s story but you blew it with halo 4 in my opinion, no disrespect, just voicing my opinion.

How to impress us? Give us the goosebumps, like Gravemind in halo 2.

It would be very cool to see Halo: Reach receive some love. That said, I would cross my fingers, but stop holding my breath if I were you. It doesn’t seem to matter to 343 Industries that Halo: Reach is currently the highest-populated Halo game with the most content - Halo 4 is their baby, so they’re going to keep the ball rolling on that instead.

It’s a shame, too, because Halo: Reach will likely not be revived on the Xbox One in the same way that our Master Chief games are, so once it’s dead, it’s dead. And it’s a huge game. That will be a sad day. One of the most important settings in the Halo universe. One of the most promising, but least utilized cast of characters in Noble Team. Some amazing fan service from Bungie. It’s definitely a shame that we likely won’t be seeing any love for it again.

> Halo in it’s prime is Master Chief working with Cortana. Reach doesn’t necessarily involve Chief, but it involves bringing The Package (Cortana) to Captain Keyes, which Cortana ends up working with Chief throughout Halo’s 1,2,3 and 4. I can see not putting ODST in MCC, but not putting Reach in blows my mind. If Reach is in MCC, I will play that one first then continue on all the campaigns. What’s wrong with some story line, we hear Cortana saying to Chief a lot of times in Halo, things like “they choose me” “they” “They choose” “I Choose”, which Reach explains it. Cortana also says to John in Halo 1, “they tracked us all the way back from Reach.” I don’t know if anyone caught onto that or not. People say Bungie didn’t want to make Reach, my -Yoink!- they didn’t.
>
> 343i, I respect Halo 4, but yes Reach is getting more players than Halo 4 and has anyone checked up on Halo 3 lately? Last time I checked (few days ago) I saw 12,000 people online, 2000 more than Halo 4 usually. I’m not liking 343i idea’s, halo’s story should stay put. I will not look forward to Halo 5. I mean I guess they did continue the story, (involving Forerunners), which was mentioned in Halo 3’s campaign, but common I played Halo 4 on legendary and I didn’t feel that thrill I usually feel in Halo, for example Halo 2 that mission ‘Gravemind’ when they play Breaking Benjamin, blow me away. Halo 4 had nothing of the sort and it didn’t give me the goose bumps like Halo 2 did on that mission, from just how badass it was.
>
> Anyways, I hope they remove halo 4 from MCC and put reach in behind Halo CE. I only replied to this topic when I heard someone say Reach doesn’t involve Chief because that’s kinda false.

The whole point is Chief’s story. Reach does not follow Chief’s story.

It affects it, as every game does, but it does not focus on Chief. The only time you even see something directly related to the Chief is the second to last mission, and you only see Chief in a non-canon easter egg that could just as well be Linda.

It’s not false at all that Reach doesn’t involve Chief, because it doesn’t.

> > Halo in it’s prime is Master Chief working with Cortana. Reach doesn’t necessarily involve Chief, but it involves bringing The Package (Cortana) to Captain Keyes, which Cortana ends up working with Chief throughout Halo’s 1,2,3 and 4. I can see not putting ODST in MCC, but not putting Reach in blows my mind. If Reach is in MCC, I will play that one first then continue on all the campaigns. What’s wrong with some story line, we hear Cortana saying to Chief a lot of times in Halo, things like “they choose me” “they” “They choose” “I Choose”, which Reach explains it. Cortana also says to John in Halo 1, “they tracked us all the way back from Reach.” I don’t know if anyone caught onto that or not. People say Bungie didn’t want to make Reach, my -Yoink!- they didn’t.
> >
> > 343i, I respect Halo 4, but yes Reach is getting more players than Halo 4 and has anyone checked up on Halo 3 lately? Last time I checked (few days ago) I saw 12,000 people online, 2000 more than Halo 4 usually. I’m not liking 343i idea’s, halo’s story should stay put. I will not look forward to Halo 5. I mean I guess they did continue the story, (involving Forerunners), which was mentioned in Halo 3’s campaign, but common I played Halo 4 on legendary and I didn’t feel that thrill I usually feel in Halo, for example Halo 2 that mission ‘Gravemind’ when they play Breaking Benjamin, blow me away. Halo 4 had nothing of the sort and it didn’t give me the goose bumps like Halo 2 did on that mission, from just how badass it was.
> >
> > Anyways, I hope they remove halo 4 from MCC and put reach in behind Halo CE. I only replied to this topic when I heard someone say Reach doesn’t involve Chief because that’s kinda false.
>
> The whole point is Chief’s story. Reach does not follow Chief’s story.
>
> It affects it, as every game does, but it does not focus on Chief. The only time you even see something directly related to the Chief is the second to last mission, and you only see Chief in a <mark>non-canon easter</mark> egg that could just as well be Linda.
>
> It’s not false at all that Reach doesn’t involve Chief, because it doesn’t.

Where was it stated that it was non-canon?

to be honest. 343 needs to update halo reach. i mean come on. 20,000 gamers are on. still loving the game. we need more updates and dlc needs to come back… not to mention weekend jackpots

> Halo in it’s prime is Master Chief working with Cortana. Reach doesn’t necessarily involve Chief, but it involves bringing The Package (Cortana) to Captain Keyes, which Cortana ends up working with Chief throughout Halo’s 1,2,3 and 4. I can see not putting ODST in MCC, but not putting Reach in blows my mind. If Reach is in MCC, I will play that one first then continue on all the campaigns. What’s wrong with some story line, we hear Cortana saying to Chief a lot of times in Halo, things like “they choose me” “they” “They choose” “I Choose”, which Reach explains it. Cortana also says to John in Halo 1, “they tracked us all the way back from Reach.” I don’t know if anyone caught onto that or not. People say Bungie didn’t want to make Reach, my -Yoink!- they didn’t.
>
> 343i, I respect Halo 4, but yes Reach is getting more players than Halo 4 and has anyone checked up on Halo 3 lately? Last time I checked (few days ago) I saw 12,000 people online, 2000 more than Halo 4 usually. I’m not liking 343i idea’s, halo’s story should stay put. I will not look forward to Halo 5. I mean I guess they did continue the story, (involving Forerunners), which was mentioned in Halo 3’s campaign, but common I played Halo 4 on legendary and I didn’t feel that thrill I usually feel in Halo, for example Halo 2 that mission ‘Gravemind’ when they play Breaking Benjamin, blow me away. Halo 4 had nothing of the sort and it didn’t give me the goose bumps like Halo 2 did on that mission, from just how badass it was.
>
> Anyways, I hope they remove halo 4 from MCC and put reach in behind Halo CE. I only replied to this topic when I heard someone say Reach doesn’t involve Chief because that’s kinda false.

Great read. I couldn’t agree more. Gravemind was an amazing mission.

The Halo: Reach campaign wasn’t the best ever but it was still fun and Reach was needed it explained a lot of the Halo universe. It shouldn’t be left behind.

This is something where I think Microsoft should get involved just because 343i may not like Reach. Halo: Reach was the best selling Halo game and just because it didn’t have a playable Master Chief doesn’t mean it wasn’t a great game to lots of people. All you have to do is look at how many people are online in reach vs 4 to see it still has significance.

Best armory. Fun gameplay. Interesting Arena system. Great firefight mode. Fun multiplayer. Even the menu where you can see all your friends list and their armor and armory collection percentage, etc. was really really cool.

> > > Halo in it’s prime is Master Chief working with Cortana. Reach doesn’t necessarily involve Chief, but it involves bringing The Package (Cortana) to Captain Keyes, which Cortana ends up working with Chief throughout Halo’s 1,2,3 and 4. I can see not putting ODST in MCC, but not putting Reach in blows my mind. If Reach is in MCC, I will play that one first then continue on all the campaigns. What’s wrong with some story line, we hear Cortana saying to Chief a lot of times in Halo, things like “they choose me” “they” “They choose” “I Choose”, which Reach explains it. Cortana also says to John in Halo 1, “they tracked us all the way back from Reach.” I don’t know if anyone caught onto that or not. People say Bungie didn’t want to make Reach, my -Yoink!- they didn’t.
> > >
> > > 343i, I respect Halo 4, but yes Reach is getting more players than Halo 4 and has anyone checked up on Halo 3 lately? Last time I checked (few days ago) I saw 12,000 people online, 2000 more than Halo 4 usually. I’m not liking 343i idea’s, halo’s story should stay put. I will not look forward to Halo 5. I mean I guess they did continue the story, (involving Forerunners), which was mentioned in Halo 3’s campaign, but common I played Halo 4 on legendary and I didn’t feel that thrill I usually feel in Halo, for example Halo 2 that mission ‘Gravemind’ when they play Breaking Benjamin, blow me away. Halo 4 had nothing of the sort and it didn’t give me the goose bumps like Halo 2 did on that mission, from just how badass it was.
> > >
> > > Anyways, I hope they remove halo 4 from MCC and put reach in behind Halo CE. I only replied to this topic when I heard someone say Reach doesn’t involve Chief because that’s kinda false.
> >
> > The whole point is Chief’s story. Reach does not follow Chief’s story.
> >
> > It affects it, as every game does, but it does not focus on Chief. The only time you even see something directly related to the Chief is the second to last mission, and you only see Chief in a <mark>non-canon easter</mark> egg that could just as well be Linda.
> >
> > It’s not false at all that Reach doesn’t involve Chief, because it doesn’t.
>
> Where was it stated that it was non-canon?

I highly doubt Chief/Linda was sitting in a Cryptube in an open hanger as the Autumn was lifting off, especially since Chief was in orbit at this moment.

> > Halo in it’s prime is Master Chief working with Cortana. Reach doesn’t necessarily involve Chief, but it involves bringing The Package (Cortana) to Captain Keyes, which Cortana ends up working with Chief throughout Halo’s 1,2,3 and 4. I can see not putting ODST in MCC, but not putting Reach in blows my mind. If Reach is in MCC, I will play that one first then continue on all the campaigns. What’s wrong with some story line, we hear Cortana saying to Chief a lot of times in Halo, things like “they choose me” “they” “They choose” “I Choose”, which Reach explains it. Cortana also says to John in Halo 1, “they tracked us all the way back from Reach.” I don’t know if anyone caught onto that or not. People say Bungie didn’t want to make Reach, my -Yoink!- they didn’t.
> >
> > 343i, I respect Halo 4, but yes Reach is getting more players than Halo 4 and has anyone checked up on Halo 3 lately? Last time I checked (few days ago) I saw 12,000 people online, 2000 more than Halo 4 usually. I’m not liking 343i idea’s, halo’s story should stay put. I will not look forward to Halo 5. I mean I guess they did continue the story, (involving Forerunners), which was mentioned in Halo 3’s campaign, but common I played Halo 4 on legendary and I didn’t feel that thrill I usually feel in Halo, for example Halo 2 that mission ‘Gravemind’ when they play Breaking Benjamin, blow me away. Halo 4 had nothing of the sort and it didn’t give me the goose bumps like Halo 2 did on that mission, from just how badass it was.
> >
> > Anyways, I hope they remove halo 4 from MCC and put reach in behind Halo CE. I only replied to this topic when I heard someone say Reach doesn’t involve Chief because that’s kinda false.
>
> Great read. I couldn’t agree more. Gravemind was an amazing mission.
>
> The Halo: Reach campaign wasn’t the best ever but it was still fun and Reach was needed it explained a lot of the Halo universe. It shouldn’t be left behind.
>
> This is something where I think Microsoft should get involved just because 343i may not like Reach. Halo: Reach was the best selling Halo game and just because it didn’t have a playable Master Chief doesn’t mean it wasn’t a great game to lots of people. All you have to do is look at how many people are online in reach vs 4 to see it still has significance.
>
> Best armory. Fun gameplay. Interesting Arena system. Great firefight mode. Fun multiplayer. Even the menu where you can see all your friends list and their armor and armory collection percentage, etc. was really really cool.

Microsoft is 343i. 343i is the Halo division.

Actually, Reach wasn’t “needed”, as we already had The Fall of Reach explaining what happened leading up to CE.

It’s not about being a good game or bad game or something. It is about the Chief’s story.
The point of the collection is to bring the Master Chief’s story to Xbox One in preparation for Halo 5: Guardians.

> > > Halo in it’s prime is Master Chief working with Cortana. Reach doesn’t necessarily involve Chief, but it involves bringing The Package (Cortana) to Captain Keyes, which Cortana ends up working with Chief throughout Halo’s 1,2,3 and 4. I can see not putting ODST in MCC, but not putting Reach in blows my mind. If Reach is in MCC, I will play that one first then continue on all the campaigns. What’s wrong with some story line, we hear Cortana saying to Chief a lot of times in Halo, things like “they choose me” “they” “They choose” “I Choose”, which Reach explains it. Cortana also says to John in Halo 1, “they tracked us all the way back from Reach.” I don’t know if anyone caught onto that or not. People say Bungie didn’t want to make Reach, my -Yoink!- they didn’t.
> > >
> > > 343i, I respect Halo 4, but yes Reach is getting more players than Halo 4 and has anyone checked up on Halo 3 lately? Last time I checked (few days ago) I saw 12,000 people online, 2000 more than Halo 4 usually. I’m not liking 343i idea’s, halo’s story should stay put. I will not look forward to Halo 5. I mean I guess they did continue the story, (involving Forerunners), which was mentioned in Halo 3’s campaign, but common I played Halo 4 on legendary and I didn’t feel that thrill I usually feel in Halo, for example Halo 2 that mission ‘Gravemind’ when they play Breaking Benjamin, blow me away. Halo 4 had nothing of the sort and it didn’t give me the goose bumps like Halo 2 did on that mission, from just how badass it was.
> > >
> > > Anyways, I hope they remove halo 4 from MCC and put reach in behind Halo CE. I only replied to this topic when I heard someone say Reach doesn’t involve Chief because that’s kinda false.
> >
> > Great read. I couldn’t agree more. Gravemind was an amazing mission.
> >
> > The Halo: Reach campaign wasn’t the best ever but it was still fun and Reach was needed it explained a lot of the Halo universe. It shouldn’t be left behind.
> >
> > This is something where I think Microsoft should get involved just because 343i may not like Reach. Halo: Reach was the best selling Halo game and just because it didn’t have a playable Master Chief doesn’t mean it wasn’t a great game to lots of people. All you have to do is look at how many people are online in reach vs 4 to see it still has significance.
> >
> > Best armory. Fun gameplay. Interesting Arena system. Great firefight mode. Fun multiplayer. Even the menu where you can see all your friends list and their armor and armory collection percentage, etc. was really really cool.
>
> Microsoft is 343i. 343i is the Halo division.
>
> Actually, Reach wasn’t “needed”, as we already had The Fall of Reach explaining what happened leading up to CE.
>
>
> It’s not about being a good game or bad game or something. It is about the Chief’s story.
> The point of the collection is to bring the Master Chief’s story to Xbox One in preparation for Halo 5: Guardians.

I know you really hate Reach and books are great and all but games are more fun. I’m not asking for it to be in the collection all I’m asking is that it be brought to the Xbox One. They don’t even have to update the graphics to 60 fps or anything just add to to Xbox One and give it dedicated servers.