Is 343i locking topics that criticize Infinte's exploitative progression/customization?

in my case I was just going “This system is good, but it could use more”

2 Likes

Oh god yeah no, the topic of the body sliders has definitely been one to tread carefully on. I think there was one thread I left a comment on about it and the last I saw someone was getting pretty up in arms about it. Haven’t seen it since and I’m almost afraid to go find it lol.

I’m aware, I remember the thread. Unfortunately in a public forum threads go where the contributors take them.

Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Summary

Ib4 locked :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Yeah, they don’t like people expressing their opinion about the truth, about what 343 is doing is wrong.This text will be hidden

1 Like

It’s called damage control.

2 Likes

probably saw you in one of those then xD

“must we fight over the right for a Jorge-esque form?” etc etc etc.

but yeeeeh some of those got inherently messy, some even outright saying to replace the current ones, which I disagree with heavily.

Well, let’s just hope that moving forward that people actually give criticism instead of just complaining to complain. Attracting more flies with honey than vinegar and all that, you know?

1 Like

indeed. I want this game to succeed and the core is certainly ready for it, but the stuff that surrounds it…im certainly disappointed.

1 Like

Careful bro, im praying for your account right now

1 Like

I’m seeing specific comments on the locked topics that point to it being the heated and non-constructive discourse between people, which makes sense as I read through the arguments myself.

1 Like

Again, the problem falls on the shills and derailers who do nothing but try and turn discourse away from the actual discussion and into the valley of “your mad and im not so you being mad is invalid”

I dont know what these people gain from it other then getting the thread locked, but it is very annoying and is prevalent is nearly any thread that gains traction

1 Like

Yeah but that’s a thing on any forum site

Does this also justify a knee-jerk reaction to lock other threads due to having similar topics? despite having different contexts and timeframes?

1 Like

I saw that last night. I was pretty annoyed.

Threads on this forum always get locked/removed once they reach a certain level of negativity about 343. Been that way for a long time.

1 Like

Except that sometimes the actual discussion is “you’re confusing being mad about a feature with offering feedback about a feature”. The topics that seem to consistently get locked are often bogged down by false info from people who are just flatly pissed. There is a big difference between someone being a shill and someone trying to bring some perspective to what SHOULD be feedback and not just a gripe session to air out grievances, overblow how bad things are or undersell how easy an alternative is based on a person’s preference.

If I recall, they locked it because people were attacking one another and acting very uncivil about things. It wasn’t able what the subject was covering.

1 Like

They did is dirty and they know it

But at the same time it’s the internet things get blown out proportion a lot sad but there’s no easy fix to it

1 Like

If you’d actually read and followed the rules I wouldn’t have to lock threads.