Is 343 making everything right?

I always hear people that say that 343 is ruining the game, maybe its true but give them a chance they are trying to make everything right, the bringed back halo combat evolved magnum, halo 2 br, and other stuff they will start adding from previous games, maybe it was a bad not start with infection, grifball, gravity hammers, 343 is trying to bring back memories and create them, it’s my opininion, but please dont judge me

In answer to your question:

No.

I’m a big fan of classic Halo. I play the MCC a lot (I enjoy playing Halo 4 in there too, I’m no hater), and I still play Reach as well, but more often than not, I find myself only playing a couple of matches before I’m back in Halo 5. Something about that game just feels right, and I think it’s the way they went back to the Arena style of Halo 2 and Halo 3.

yeah they tried to do some new stuff in H4, it didn’t work, they put out a great game in H5, works as well as any halo has, looks sharp, competitive and fun, and yet you’ll only ever see people who think that the rose colored memories of H2 are what we need. Halo’s player base is aging so that’s why you see so much complaining by guys that don’t have anything else going on in their life and they are wishing for the old days. Halo moved on from the old days and they are upset because they don’t want to let go of the past. H5 is better than the old ones, its the community that brings the game down.

They’re close, they do a lot of things right, but their refusal to budge on some imperative design choices that the community has brought up and provided quality reasoning for (looking at you, sprint) coupled with the poor UI capabilities and performance issues are preventing halo from being as amazing as it could be

Nope, they are with the microtransactions

no but they’re trying, you have to give them credit at that.

I think they have done a good job with Halo 5. Launch was bare bones but the games right now is great. As far as microtransactions, I have yet to spend a dime and have a blast.

> 2533274831998765;4:
> yeah they tried to do some new stuff in H4, it didn’t work, they put out a great game in H5, works as well as any halo has, looks sharp, competitive and fun, and yet you’ll only ever see people who think that the rose colored memories of H2 are what we need. Halo’s player base is aging so that’s why you see so much complaining by guys that don’t have anything else going on in their life and they are wishing for the old days. Halo moved on from the old days and they are upset because they don’t want to let go of the past. H5 is better than the old ones, its the community that brings the game down.

Wow!

I really cant say they are making it right. The game isn’t complete yet. Once all the updates are done and we get a good run of it then I will give it my grade. In its current state it has a way to go yet.

Ehh… They still haven’t budged on a server browser, action sack, or most of the missing gamemodes. Nor have I seen them mention putting Warzone maps in Forge/customs, adding Campaign rewards, Campaign scoring, fixing theater, etc…

All huge detriments to the game that adding more REQs and maps don’t really make up for.

Halo 5 is a game in progress, unfortunately.

Short answer to your question, they’re trying to make it right what they did to the game at launch.

Long answer:
Halo 5 is the least social Halo of them all. While Halo 5’s controls schemes feel and play great and make for some great comeback moments or add to the verticality of play, the game itself is lacking in many aspects that made the previous titles so great.

Halo 5’s Arena maps are awful.
Truth and Regret are the only decent maps and that’s because they’re remakes.
The rest feel slightly out of place. Less Halo, more random first person shooter with Halo elements.
Halo 5 catered too much to the esports and competitive scene, when they should’ve focused on building Halo maps and making the game fun first.
There is no true social playlist, they’re all ranked. The “social” playlists just have a hidden rank.

If 343 wanted to get the epsorts attention, they, again, should’ve just made the game 100% fun.
You don’t go to esports first, you make them come to you.

These monthly content drops are good to keep some sort of life in the game.
But that does nothing to help once you look and realize they cut more content from Halo 5 than Bungie did with Destiny during Year 1.

They need to add in a fully unranked (not hidden) social playlist in alongside the Memories of Reach update.
Or if they plan to wait out the actual social playlist, Immediately after WZ Firefight is launched, they need to take a HUGE amount of maps from the community, and make full on Community playlists, just like Bungie did for Halo 3 towards the end of its DLC cycle.
When Sandbox released and they let people make maps to be added into matchmaking, the social playlists lit up like fireworks.

343 needs way more participation from community forgers, and I’m not talking about your top tier Cartographers who live and breathe Forge.
I’ve seen so many forge maps from Halo 5 from so many different people, I’m afraid my bookmark list for my little weekend custom games nights is going to fill up too quick.

They already brought in some community maps for Grifball and BTB, but they need to bring in maps for Arena too.
But if they plan to not implement community maps into Arena, then they need to add a community playlist for these maps and add them to a full rotation.

Halo 5 probably did not sell as well as it could’ve had they had everything ready for October when it released.
Some people prefer to wait until a full post-launch review is out so they can make the call to grab it or wait, and I bet a lot of people decided to hold out on Halo 5 due to the lack of social playlists.
A lot of my old Halo friends delayed getting Halo 5 because they found out there was no social scene.

I would’ve been ok with a full year delay for them to have made sure Forge had near infinite capabilities and that all of the classic Halo gametypes were in the initial release.

So yes, in a sense, they’re trying to make things right with the Halo players.
But they never should’ve started out so bad.

It depends on what you are talking about. I could have cared less if they brought back weapons like the Magnum from previous games.

Halo 5 at launch was fun for me. Its better now. I could even care less about being able to buy req packs since it means I have gotten free DLC that I find fun.

It’s the story and lack of content at launch most people don’t like, not the gameplay. The gameplay is great, different from the classics, but it plays really solid and well.

Halo 4 is the idiotic step-brother in the shadow of the great son called Halo 5. 343 is doing much better than they were at first. It’s not that Halo 4 is a tragedy, it’s just that Halo 5 is much, MUCH better.

> 2533274870591903;7:
> no but they’re trying, you have to give them credit at that.

Do or do not, there is no try.

I’d say that 343 is getting most things right. Not everything.