Is 343 industries really listening to the community?

I think they are. They have already pushed out ATLEAST 3 updates in less than a week. That’s pretty much unheard of in the industry.

3 Likes

There’s a growing amount of damage control with threads and posts being locked/taken down so weather they are gonna do something productive or not is a different story

5 Likes

We’ll find out in the next few days. I didn’t expect anything since it was the weekend, but if they radio silent for the week… well then I’ll worry a bit.

Edit: personally I wouldn’t even call their “fix” a fix. All it did was make a handful of challenges super easy and halve out match xp. Honestly I’d say it’s much worse now imo.

1 Like

I heard the same issues were in the flight tests they did and people gave feedback then so, if that’s true then it doesn’t look like they are listening.

1 Like

Honestly I think that happened on purpose. I was talking to my friends about it and how almost no big Halo youtuber has made a video on the current state of the game

1 Like

I mean it literally is a bandaid. A temporary fix as they work on a more permanent solution. They knew it would take time so they tried to make it slightly better while they work on it

1 Like

As far as I can remember, they said this is a short term fix to hold out until the long term solution comes around. I think they said this in the tweet they put out. Could be wrong though.

2 Likes

Actually 343 made a post after each flight acknowledging problems. They just said some fixes would take longer and would be post launch

2 Likes

They’re listening to advice they agree with, but I don’t think they are listening to issues they don’t want to change. Player collision is evidence enough of that.

What someone says is just a convinient thing for them to reference when they makena change.

A few posts with few hearts saying we need a feature changed that 343 also wants changed? “Guys we have seen community feedback”

A post with 900 votes with almost 90% saying they want player collision back? Nah didn’t see it :joy:

12 Likes

exactly i feel like they’re doing the same for customization

@Cobrinion Still waiting 40 more minutes before I can like this post but I totally agree :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, but theyve known about our dislike of it since the very first few private flights months and months prior, and have done absolutely nothing about it until now where they applied a bandaid fix which only increased the grind.
If they are listening they arnt doing it very well, and their past doesnt help their case either

1 Like

I doubt it. People have been complaining about the GARBAGE aiming on controller and clunky movement, 3 flights later, a BETA, and we’re still at or close to square one. Go play mcc or destiny and aim/shoot.

BUTTER. Then come back to this clunkfest…

1 Like

They’re listening in the same way that I listen to my wife. Passively and with alot of yeahs, head nods, and wow’s but without ever paying attention or grasping the point.

2 Likes

This is a totally tinfoil hat conspiracy but it almost feels true, like the timing for the campaign footage to roll out almost completely coincides the community as a whole blowing up into a million pieces on every forum across the internet.

It really doesn’t help 343s case when they begin locking threads criticizing the game and the monetization system, it really feels like we get nowhere with this stuff sometimes, hopefully hiddenex’s video tomorrow helps shed light on this blight of a multiplayer system, im waiting for actmans take on it in video form because hes always had a hard stance on this stuff in halo games like with blitz and halo 5

3 Likes

I’m sorry but that ‘fix’ was not a fix at all.

How does the progression system make any sense. So we play games and get 50XP per game. The winning side and losing side both gets the same XP…so what’s the point of trying to win.

The winning side should be earning more XP, a bonus for putting in the effort.

The players and afters get the same xp :man_facepalming: So no matter what someone does in a game, they get the same XP. You could put in all the effort, get a running riot, return 100 flags, hold onto the oddball all game, get a overkill with a sniper, stick someone 50 times, capture the flag 3 times, but you’ll still get the same xp as someone who camped before a wall all game…I mean really…that’s pathetic.

We need a XP System, XP for performance. You put in the effort and do everything you can, then you deserve more XP. Your team wins the game, you deserve more xp!!!

We also need a Spartan Rank. Once we complete the Battle Pass, we have to wait for the next one but we won’t feel like we are progressing with a rank at all. Just grinding game and challenges for unlock armour.

I mean, every single time I finish I game, I get that 50xp but I don’t feel like I’ve achieved anything. Everyone playing got that 50xp too.

The whole xp/ progression system is wrong!!!

5 Likes

They’re listening in the same way your wife tells you to clean the house by the time she gets back and you just take out the trash and leave everything else. “Honey did you clean the house?” …“YE babe I took out the trash”.

That’s the fix we got lol

3 Likes

They definitely can’t be listening to the community when people like myself are being stopped from pressing “like” on posts we agree with. I waited 18 hours to finally like posts again and it immediately started telling me to wait “a few seconds” then “1 minute” and now it’s “18 minutes” before I can like something again. Utterly ridiculous 343 just like the rest of everything you do. What a -Yoink!- company (no I’m not talking about the average workers there, I’m talking about the yoinks in charge calling the shots and making these choices.)

1 Like

Well it also doesn’t help when those criticism threads turn into flame wars and is a lot of toxic hissing and spitting at one another. You’re more than free to offer up criticism, whether it’s taken or not, but when people start just mindlessly bashing and hating on things, I think that’s when they start locking down threads because they get reported.

I don’t know if they have an auto locking bot or something that just locks a thread down after (x) number of flags. It’s always been actual mods on the previous waypoint forum, so I’d like to believe it’s still all actual mods locking them down.

2 Likes

Even the reddit mods are doing the same over there, they locked a thread that shared the youtube video from 5 months ago talking about multiplayer where virtually every single thing they said in the video was a flat out lie. They didn’t even post a comment in the thread listing the rule broken because there was no rule broken, they are just trying to silence people brining 343s lies about the game to attention.

This is beyond disgusting and if Microsoft doesn’t step in soon i am done with Halo and i am done with Xbox and i guarantee i wont be the only one.

5 Likes