Is 343 in denial?

Is 343 in denial about the dwindling amount of players in multiplayer? It’s a simple enough question, but I’m asking about it because they really haven’t addressed the problem or talk about it. Sure, Franky wrote us that half-apology 3-ish months ago, but 343 is just pumping out map-packs and making new playlists like everything is normal. How about the fact people have left and are continuing to leave this game’s online play? I wan’t to hear what your opinions are.

> Is 343 in denial about the dwindling amount of players in multiplayer? It’s a simple enough question, but I’m asking about it because they really haven’t addressed the problem or talk about it. Sure, Franky wrote us that half-apology 3-ish months ago, but 343 is just pumping out map-packs and making new playlists like everything is normal. How about the fact people have left and are continuing to leave this game’s online play? I wan’t to hear what your opinions are.

Actually before launch the map packs and release dates were confirmed
if anything they are just keeping on their clock
this isnt denial
They are keeping those who enjoy the game interested.

I think that it’s without question that 343 has a much more accurate reading of how Halo 4 is doing, and the continued belief that anyone on this forum has an accurate idea of the same is making my opinion of the community drop faster than the population ever could.

I don’t think they are in denial, but I think they might be underestimating the situation.

> Is 343 in denial?

Do alien conspiracy theorists wear aluminum foil hats?

> I think that it’s without question that 343 has a much more accurate reading of how Halo 4 is doing, and the continued belief that anyone on this forum has an accurate idea of the same is making my opinion of the community drop faster than the population ever could.

Then why are 343 acting so nonchalant when Halo 4’s population and fan reviews are going down the crapper? From our point of view it looks like they don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

If you see otherwise, please do explain.

As with most game forums, the people who post in them get this over developed sense of just how many people against the whole are in a game forum.

We are probably, close to 3% of the total number of people playing this game.

And while you are fully welcome to your opinion, do you think that if even the entire forum spouted off how horrible they think the game is, that it would really matter at all?

> > I think that it’s without question that 343 has a much more accurate reading of how Halo 4 is doing, and the continued belief that anyone on this forum has an accurate idea of the same is making my opinion of the community drop faster than the population ever could.
>
> Then why are 343 acting so nonchalant when Halo 4’s population and fan reviews are going down the crapper? From our point of view it looks like they don’t think it’s that big of a deal.
>
> If you see otherwise, please do explain.

You, ah, might want to read my post again.

My whole point was “they obviously know much more than anyone here about how well the game is doing”.

This community has proved itself to be incredibly stupid when it comes to reading the only population source they have, anyway. I hope that’s not where you’re getting your “population facts” from.

Anyway, if a Halo game’s quality was judged by this forum’s approval, there hasn’t been a good game since CE.

Same with population. Name a game, awesome or not, that hasn’t dropped in activity over time. Halo 2, Halo 3, CoD, Battlefield, etc. won’t be on there, I assure you.

> > Is 343 in denial?
>
> Do alien conspiracy theorists wear aluminum foil hats?

Uhhh…

> > > I think that it’s without question that 343 has a much more accurate reading of how Halo 4 is doing, and the continued belief that anyone on this forum has an accurate idea of the same is making my opinion of the community drop faster than the population ever could.
> >
> > Then why are 343 acting so nonchalant when Halo 4’s population and fan reviews are going down the crapper? From our point of view it looks like they don’t think it’s that big of a deal.
> >
> > If you see otherwise, please do explain.
>
> You, ah, might want to read my post again.
>
> My whole point was “they obviously know much more than anyone here about how well the game is doing”.
>
> This community has proved itself to be incredibly stupid when it comes to reading the only population source they have, anyway. I hope that’s not where you’re getting your “population facts” from.
>
> Anyway, if a Halo game’s quality was judged by this forum’s approval, there hasn’t been a good game since CE.
>
> Same with population. Name a game, awesome or not, that hasn’t dropped in activity over time. Halo 2, Halo 3, CoD, Battlefield, etc. won’t be on there, I assure you.

With the resources and know how that they should have, I would expect 343 to know more than this community. However, the lack of information that we have leads us to a different answer.

If Halocharts, or whatever it’s called, isn’t accurate then what source should the community follow? If there isn’t any other source, how can they be blamed for not knowing what the exact population count is? From what we can see the population of Halo 4 has been dropping at an alarming rate. When there’s only a supposed 40,000 players online in a franchise that in the past has stayed above 100,000 it definitely seems like a big problem.

> I don’t think they are in denial, but I think they might be underestimating the situation.

I think the community is overestimating the situation. People think that Halo should have the kind of population it used to in Halo 2 and 3, when it really shouldn’t. I think the community is the one that’s in denial. Could it be that Halo is just a decade-old franchise that’s getting a little dry?

Have any of you thought about maybe 343 knew the server population would drop? Every Halo fan wanted Halo 4. And most bought the game. But 343 changed a lot of things that Halo players where used to, and probably new it would upset people. What can they do about that? The wanted to create a new saga in the Halo franchise, and I am happy with what they gave us, but that’s not the case for everyone. All old fans who didn’t like Halo 4, probably doesn’t play Halo 4. The number of players like that is probably extremely high. So a drop like we have seen is pretty normal given the circumstances.

Ever hear the expression “Minds work like parachutes; they are best when open,”

343i is only ignoring the majority of the community and worrying about their own matters, adding in new DLC, new game types, playlists, and beginning Halo 5 production.

As this denial is annoying as heck, that’s where we come in to make our own ideas, and hopefully 343i will consider in the near future.

Why are we deciding we know what the apparent whole organism named “343 Industries” is thinking?

It’s a group of people that’s worked hard on a game for three solid years. If anyone in that company was denying themselves the thought that the game didn’t live up to their own expectations, I wouldn’t blame them – I’ve never put so much work into something for so long and had it fall through. Not sure how I’d take something like that.

But again, we don’t know if any of the people at 343 is thinking that. I’d wager they’re too busy maintaining and looking ahead to wallow, if wallow they want.

I can’t see how the pop. drop isn’t alarming alot of people. There are only 10000 people in big team and 6000 in infinity slayer right now. It’s not going to get any better. The less people the more lag and shotty hosts. why try to appeal to a wider fan base when the one you had was enormous. Give your true fans what they want, and you’ll have a good game. Its not hard to figure out. I really hope this game tanks so 343 will get there heads out if the sand, and do what’s right for halo 5 or halo will be another crappy shooter that used to be the bees knees.

I think 343i is realistic. Halo 4 isn’t going to recover no matter what they do. Team Throwup shows that the hardcores didn’t come back en mass as they had hoped after bowing to their wishes… There isn’t anything that they can do, other than deliver on what they said they would deliver on already.

> Then why are 343 acting so nonchalant when Halo 4’s population and fan reviews are going down the crapper? From our point of view it looks like they don’t think it’s that big of a deal.
>
> If you see otherwise, please do explain.

Put yourself in their position. Tell us how you would behave? What would you post on the forums? On the news letters? On Youtube?

Ever since they promised to do better I’ve seen a change. I’m loving these playlists hopefully they’ll keep them.

> > Then why are 343 acting so nonchalant when Halo 4’s population and fan reviews are going down the crapper? From our point of view it looks like they don’t think it’s that big of a deal.
> >
> > If you see otherwise, please do explain.
>
> Put yourself in their position. Tell us how you would behave? What would you post on the forums? On the news letters? On Youtube?

I would routinely post on what the current situation of each major issue is, and explain how and why the process takes so long.

“It takes a long time to fix these problems” wouldn’t be sufficient information for me, and I would believe it wouldn’t be sufficient for the Community.

So many fanboys desperately clutching at straws,I feel your pain.
as for me I think 343 are lucky to be in denial.They shoulde be in the unemplyment line or whoever forced them to release this unfinished mess of a game.