is 343 going to unclude Halo 4 Forging?

Gamertag Vampyre0422 here, something i forgot to touch base on in a different forum, i am well aware that 343 is not planing to put firefight in halo 4 (source: halo 4 game informer [may 2012 edition]) but i MUST know, is there going to be forging? Because i do enjoy the forging in halo’s 3 and reach!!! please answer sincerely, thanks a bunch halo community!

EDIT: sorry about the title i was rushing!

If there isn’t, then they are basically shooting themselves in the foot. And they know that.

well i know many people that never really got into forge, and the designers at 343 could very well carry some of those people on their team.

Trust me, Forge is in. It was even confirmed ages ago in a Q&A.

thank you, but you really never know. a lot could happen.

A great part of Halo’s replayability relies on new content created by Forge.

true enough :slight_smile: im kinda bummed that they are gonna cut firefight though… but i guess they had to make processor space for the new gametypes they are gonna be putting in

Forge will be in halo 4.

Allow me to quote a bulletin from a few weeks ago.
“We will discuss forging later this year, you will not be disappointed”

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! :smiley:

What about Theater? have we heard about that yet?

they havent even said word one on it. it would be stupid if they took it out though

i bet they won’t include it

Forge is already confirmed months ago on halofest. but my issue is will it be a success like reach? i doubt.

343i would be very stupid not to include Theatre. Where would we be able to film clips for Top Ten’s and Machinimas and take awesome screenshots without it?

it should be if they are simply evolving and upgrading it. Reach near perfected forge… its gonna be hard to top… but i for one have faith in 343’s abilities since the remake of halo CE :slight_smile:

> it should be if they are simply evolving and upgrading it. Reach near perfected forge… its gonna be hard to top… but i for one have faith in 343’s abilities since the remake of halo CE :slight_smile:

It can easily be topped if it comes with an array of object skins, not just Forerunner architecture and rocks. I want to see UNSC and Covenant style objects in the same playspace too.

> 343i would be very stupid not to include Theatre. Where would we be able to film clips for Top Ten’s and Machinimas and take awesome screenshots without it?

Well that’s what I was thinking, Custom maps and Theater have been a big part of the community since Halo 3, but saying that, it did exist before then.

To the guy who said forge wouldn’t be as big as Reach’s. I think it really could be with some very simple additions. Like having an option to lock blocks together and the often requested, time/weather options. If they could provide us with Covenant alternatives to the blocks, or even find a way that manipulates the actual ground and scenery itself without causing too much lag during games. I could definately see more people using it.

> > 343i would be very stupid not to include Theatre. Where would we be able to film clips for Top Ten’s and Machinimas and take awesome screenshots without it?
>
> Well that’s what I was thinking, Custom maps and Theater have been a big part of the community since Halo 3, but saying that, it did exist before then.
>
> To the guy who said forge wouldn’t be as big as Reach’s. I think it really could be with some very simple additions. Like having an option to lock blocks together and the often requested, time/weather options. If they could provide us with Covenant alternatives to the blocks, or even find a way to have a way that manipulates the actual ground and scenery itself with causing too much lag during games. I could definately see more people using it.

The thing is, back in Halo 3 Forge was very much experimental at first and Bungie did not expect people to find glitches that were to redefine Forge and Theatre as we were to know them. Now, fast forward a few years and they have become so big to the point that those features make Halo and the widespread community that exists today from that within MLG to ForgeHub. Taking either of them out would cause too much of an uproar.

Very doubtful. Getting rid of forge mode just pretty much eliminates half of the purpose to play.

As mentioned above forge was confirmed in the Q&A and they said when it is revealed it will not be sad news.

Since the Infinity can generate any kind of space I think I will be happy.