Iratus Is A Treat

I managed to get to Rank 50 on the Battle Pass last week and this week has been spent with me listening to him.

picks up Battle Rifle
“LET ME LOOK THROUGH THE SCOPE!”

gets a kill with a Rocket Launcher
“MY FAVORITE HUMAN WEAPON!”

gets multi-kills
“YOU HAVE PROVEN TO BE A WORTHY MEAT VEHICLE!”

Thought it was sad that I finally ended up swapping Lumu for him and thought I was eventually going to go back to Lumu, but I think I’m going to have to keep him.
“Remove your helmet! It must hiding the face of a Brute!”

His attempts to try and recruit me to the Banished are also rather entertaining.

16 Likes

I just unlocked him myself and he’s fun.

I did expect him to be a tad bit more energetic though. Like he’s full of rage inside him. He’s rather tame compared to the introduction video.

1 Like

I unlocked it a few days ago and have only played a few rounds with it.

I’m not the hugest fan so far but we’ll see.

Story-wise, he’s probably settled down a little after getting sealed up and examined after getting extracted from Dinh.

Still, he has his moments.

“BURST FIRE! BURST FIIIRRREEE!”
“Fire! Explosions! DEATH!”

1 Like

Iratus is what happens if you bring Uka Uka from Crash Bandicoot into Halo, and I love it

3 Likes

But he can’t beat the pure dopamin that is using the Superintendent Ping. Either way I am happy he has a unique Ping-sound as well. If only that weird Bug was gone where your AI defaults back to BUTLR in like every 3rd match.

3 Likes

Have you picked up the BR and he just screams Ooh Burst fire, burst fire

Well we did reel him in as per the last cinematic.

So we are at a point now where we get extremely excited about a voice acted AI, the ONLY ONE we got in season 2.

Also, isn’t there still a glitch where your AI switches randomly between matches sometimes?

1 Like

Superintendent does have the nostalgia factor but I just liked Lumu and Iratus that much better.

I’ve noticed it but it looks like it only happens during the beginning of the match? I think the AI switches back later on afterwards but I could be wrong. It doesn’t happen that often to me anyway so it doesn’t bother me too much.

Its not like in Theater Mode where trying to record stuff you hear multiple people’s AI at once.

Why can’t they be excited?

2 Likes

Can’t spread an inch of positivity around here! We don’t want people having fun now do we?

3 Likes

I mean this post wasn’t even the blind fanboish type of positivity that gets clowned on around here.

This is just a post about loving the new Irate-us AI.

He’s called Iratus because he’s irate.

1 Like

Well sadly even a small amount of positivity gets seen as fanboying here it seems.

2 Likes

True that. There’s a difference between fanboying and just saying “Hey! I like this.”

1 Like

I use Iratus, I find him amusing. He’s like an angrier Mr. Chief. BURST FIRE BURST FIRE.

Iratus is a bright spot in the endless void that is Halo Infinite S2

1 Like

That’s awesome. I’ll get there someday.

1 Like

I am halfway there. Can’t wait to have him, superintendent is great but iratus sounds fun.

1 Like

Liking anything in this game makes you a boot licker apparently. Even if it’s the only thing you talk positively about.

You have to hate absolutely everything this game has to offer or else! No questions asked, just accept!

2 Likes

Also, apparently OP is expressing “extreme” excitement…

1 Like