Invisible Walls: A Suggestion for Forging

We all remember the Soft-Kill zones back in Reach’s forge mode that basically tells us to go around or suffer a heart attack. While it does do the job in some places, such as Zealot’s low-g area, it isn’t as effective as an invisible wall because the timer can reset, causing people to abuse the bejesus out of it.

Some people would end up building a box high or wide enough to prevent this from happening, but it makes Forged maps look bad, or could prevent an awesome line of sight from happening. An Invisible Wall can do the exact same thing, but keeps the map from looking bad because of a physical restriction.

This tool can help out in balancing Jetpack by preventing the user from flying too high up , or keep players out of areas at a better job than a death timer that resets after a time period. Or they can use it to create orientation without making a giant box, and could possibly save up on the budget by using pieces elsewhere.

Please 343i, this could really help out in Forging. Let us use this feature, not just to make maps, but to troll our friends when they pop in during a forge game. :slight_smile:

I remember modding invisible walls into halo 3 maps. I would like this idea, but I also hate the idea of soft kill boundaries, especially because of jetpacks.

I agree. Bungie talked about how soft killzones would add so much “freedom” to players who liked to roam.

But it seems to me like there are soft killzones everywhere. It’s worse than Halo 3. You can hardly stand on top of a rock anymore.

> I agree. Bungie talked about how soft killzones would add so much “freedom” to players who liked to roam.
>
> But it seems to me like there are soft killzones everywhere. It’s worse than Halo 3. You can hardly stand on top of a rock anymore.

i agree i love glitching and the 10 second countdown ruined it quit a bit