Invisible ranking system!? Even to yourself!?

Okay what in the world are they thinking!!! At least make it only visible to the player my God, why are they so against a ranking system. All Xbox live games require a trueskill system, by 343 saying oh its there just in the background…well no yoink! That’s such a bad cop out…343 do you even read these forums?

And you know what? I’m probably gonna have people replying to this thread saying “oh we’ll I don’t need a number next to my Gtag to enjoy the game…” well guess what maybe you don’t care about competitive play but some people do. Simple as that. Where’s my incentive to win and play really well!!! Oh here’s a dmr an emblem and…oh yeah an armor skin.

Why 343 why? You knew your community wanted a good ranking system. We were robbed with reach, looks like this games population won’t last too long…and to think 343 was so close to nailing this game.

This is like the 3rd or 4th ranting thread about this topic, please stop adding to the pile.

halo is dead…

So, if Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn’t have ranks, and Halo: Reach DID have ranks,

would that make Reach the “best” Halo game, despite the fact that some of its gameplay mechanics don’t work well in a competitive enviornment?

Ummm…isn’t there BPR in Waypoint? Can’t you just go check that out?

omg… there is no reasoning with you people

> halo is dead…

So the gameplay is now horrible because you can’t see your ‘skill number’?
Reach wouldn’t have been any different if it had ranks. They wouldn’t have fixed bloom or the unbalanced armor abilities.

Honestly, if all these people care about is having a dam visible ranking so they can show off to…whoever it is that’s meant to care, then that’s just too bad for them.

And all their scary big-boy threats about going off to COD…who cares? Go, sellouts.

> Honestly, if all these people care about is having a dam visible ranking so they can show off to…whoever it is that’s meant to care, then that’s just too bad for them.
>
> And all their scary big-boy threats about going off to COD…who cares? Go, sellouts.

Maybe they should get rid of time ranks too? Oh and dont forget armour, thats just for showing off too. While were at it, lets get achievments. And rewarding map creators with having their name on it? Who cares, thats just bragging about what youve done too.

Are we sure we can’t see our own rank?

> halo is dead…

Yet it has how many preorders now?