Invisibility

This post is about how people want the invisibility to ideally be balanced, in your dream-Halo. Both multiplayer and campaign considered (not necessarily both prioritised, that’s up to you) Would you have 2 different systems for them? Or 1 that works slightly better for one or the other?

When it comes to campaign, I feel like it’s never been as useful as in the Arbiter missions in Halo 2. Though CE and Halo 3 pulled it off very well too. CE placed them conveniently, and Halo 3 let you save them for the best moment. There was something about being able to move regularly without affecting the quality of the invisibility.
Once invisibility became and armour ability, as they let you re-use it unlimited times during the time you had it, they seem to have tried to balance it out by barely letting you move while using it. If you wanted to move at all with it you needed to crouch, which made it take ages to get anywhere, if I wanted to sneak up to an enemy my invisibility almost ran out before I got to him, also I didn’t have the patients, often they spotted you anyway too. This led to that I just never used it. It felt useless…
(Btw, side-question: how do you think a game like Infinite should implement invisibility into campaign?)

…However in multiplayer, I did find use for it, quite often. In that type of game I didn’t need to move with it, especially since I could re-use it. It became more of a strategy of flanking/catching enemies by surprise in mp. But I strongly dislike when campaign suffers for making the mp more balanced.
On the other hand the multiplayer invisibility system in the original trilogy worked too.
In Halo 5, I think how they implemented the invisibility in multiplayer worked too, I appreciate that you can now move a little faster without affecting the invisibility too much.
We know that in Infinite invisibility will be found on the map. I’m not against that. What worries me is something I read about it in Shadows of Reach(not very spoilery):

So in the book, invisibility is a function in chiefs suit (seems built in), but it is mentioned that the faster he moves the more visible he gets, and I can’t remember exactly what was said, but it didn’t feel like you really needed to sprint to become visible.

My ideal: I would be fine with many solutions, but I think my ideal would be invisibility as an armour ability in campaign which works perfectly unless you sprint, in which case it doesn’t work at all. It would be presented (among other choices) on levels that are well adapted to the option of invisibility, much like the Arbiters missions in Halo 2.
While in multiplayer it would function the same but be a pickup on the map instead.

Enough about me lol
So what would be the best solution to you?

Maybe I’m just old school, but I want to go back to map pickups for invis/overshield, specifically back to the little cubes and pyramids from CE and Halo 2 for multiplayer and campaign.

I just loved the look and the noises of them when you picked them up, and I would much prefer it to be a power pickup than an armor ability. In campaign as well, I really enjoyed them being a map pickup, because they were usually in locations where you were about to encounter a serious firefight, and that anticipation and how you used them was fun for me.

For campaign and mp I like it as a map pick up rather than an ability.

It needs to function better though. I feel like in H5 everyone spots me pretty easily. I think it’d be cool if when you’re walking, you’re legit invisible. Things that would make you more transparent than invisible would be sprinting, shooting, and shields recharging.

> 2533274850493408;2:
> Maybe I’m just old school, but I want to go back to map pickups for invis/overshield, specifically back to the little cubes and pyramids from CE and Halo 2 for multiplayer and campaign.
>
> I just loved the look and the noises of them when you picked them up, and I would much prefer it to be a power pickup than an armor ability. In campaign as well, I really enjoyed them being a map pickup, because they were usually in locations where you were about to encounter a serious firefight, and that anticipation and how you used them was fun for me.

Oldschool is fine, CE sound effect should return, that would be awesome

> 2533274850493408;2:
> Maybe I’m just old school, but I want to go back to map pickups for invis/overshield, specifically back to the little cubes and pyramids from CE and Halo 2 for multiplayer and campaign.
>
> I just loved the look and the noises of them when you picked them up, and I would much prefer it to be a power pickup than an armor ability. In campaign as well, I really enjoyed them being a map pickup, because they were usually in locations where you were about to encounter a serious firefight, and that anticipation and how you used them was fun for me.

My thoughts exactly! I used to just gaze at the Overshield and Active Camouflage pickups for ages because I just loved the designs! How I wish Infinite would bring back the cube and prism shape of these pickups, but alas, based on an image of one the maps, it seems they will have different, less appealing designs.